To the SCI-Nurses: Happy Nurses Week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the SCI-Nurses: Happy Nurses Week!

Thank you for everything you do for us here at CC. Your job may seem thankless at times, but you truly are the “glue” that holds health care systems around the world, and many of our lives, together.

So KLD, CWO, CKF, and AAD, here's to you! Thank you for volunteering your time to share your wealth of knowledge and experience with us, for caring, and for arming us with the information we need to be better advocates for ourselves and caretakers for our sometimes frustrating, mysterious, and downright uncooperative bodies.

You guys are the best, and CC wouldn't be the same, or as valuable a resource, without you all.

Happy Nurses Week!

--A grateful THC

ETA: Ditto to all the other current and former nurses at CC (duramater, I'm thinking of you in particular). You change lives for the better, every single day.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

I'll second that!

Comment

Make that times three! Thank you so much!

Comment

Hope y'all get a chance to relax a little during your week. Thanks for everything.
        You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
        http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
        http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Happy Nurses week! Thank you for all u have done, do, and continue to do. Your wealth of knowledge is a life saver to many. We are all grateful for the time that you put into CareCure.

Comment

Happy Nurses Week and thanks for all you have done for me and others on CC
            TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Yes thank you so much for all the time you give here

Comment

Yes, thank you very much!

Comment

Hear, hear!
                    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Thanks for all the help you provide.
                        A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks! It is an honor to serve you all.

We had several events so far this week at the hospital...an exercise and stress reduction class on Monday complete with meditation instruction, a reception with a drawing for gift cards (no joy for me ) on Tuesday, helped deliver tea and cookies to the nursing units on Wednesday, and today we had a "pamper day" out on the Healing Garden with a lovely massage, plus aromatherapy, acupressure, etc. I got a great back massage! Got our water-bottle gifts today too. Tomorrow is a reception for nurses who have achieved their specialty certifications.

A reminder that this week was chosen because it is the 190th birthday of Florence Nightingale, the founder of modern nursing:

(KLD)
                          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Now those activities sound like genuine and useful demonstrations of appreciation for the nurses. One of the nurses' blogs I read said her hospital management told their nurses that they showed their appreciation by "giving" the nurses a pay check. (The author appropriately noted that she thought they "gave" the nurses a pay check so the nurses would show up for work.)
                            It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Happy Nurses Week! Thank you so much for helping and guiding us on here!

Comment

Working...
                              X