Hello! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! :)

so.. i'm crypticgimp. i usually post over at newmobility and pq but have been lurking here for a while now and decided to intro myself.

so... right... about me. well first i'm an incomplete quad. my paperwork says C5-8 T2&3 and i also have a TBI. both are from an mva just a few months shy of my 2nd bday. i'll be celebrating 25 yrs as a sci in may!

i currently go to RIT here in the bioinformatics program and am VP of the professional chemistry fraternity called Alpha Chi Sigma. i love to read when i have time and enjoy going to concerts (just saw florence and the machine in toronto with my best friend on saturday!) and i adore traveling (Addicted is more like it) i have a pretty large circle of friends and when i have the time away from research and classes--which really isnt a lot--i try to do as much as i can.

umm.. i.r.nerdly. and love sci fi (new bsg is my fav sci fi series. also love space: above and beyond) i am also trying to add on another minor in biomedical photography to fulfill my creative side. my current minor is chinese and i will be finishing that in winter quarter.

i'm posting because i am having difficulty focusing on studying. my fault as i have forgotten to take my bc which helps control my depression (i have severe pmdd) but trying to fight off the depression and seeing the mountain of work i have to do is tough.

that's all for now i guess... hope to get to know yall better! off to make some flash cards for biochem!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Welcome to CC!!

Comment

Welcome to the board!
      sigpic

Comment

Rochester Institute of Technology

Rochester Institute of Technology, RIT good school!

I've been there! One of the leading colleges for the deaf.

Welcome!

Ti
        "We must overcome difficulties rather than being overcome by difficulties."

Comment

Originally posted by titanium4motion View Post
          Rochester Institute of Technology, RIT good school!

I've been there! One of the leading colleges for the deaf.

Welcome!

Ti
          yes, i love rit so much. especially the college of science. we bake cookies/breads/etc for the faculty and staff in our department offices and it feels like home when i go there. rest of the campus is to be desired sometimes but i've got a project for summer to help fix that. minor adjustments that can make a wheeler's life so much easier.

may i ask why you came to rit?

Comment

Welcome to CareCure! You're going to fit in well ... we have many nerds at CC. lol
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Hi Cryptic,
              I am in process of completing my PhD, I lost 50-60 pages of my bibliography in a computer glitch so I've been busy reconstructing it page by bloody page.
              I am a very very incomplete quad doctors say if the crack in my spine went across the spine instead of down I would be a full quad, I have cerebral palsy and arthritis of the neck vertebra which is slowly robbing me of motor skills.

Comment

Originally posted by all-buggered-up View Post
                Hi Cryptic,
                I am in process of completing my PhD, I lost 50-60 pages of my bibliography in a computer glitch so I've been busy reconstructing it page by bloody page.
                I am a very very incomplete quad doctors say if the crack in my spine went across the spine instead of down I would be a full quad, I have cerebral palsy and arthritis of the neck vertebra which is slowly robbing me of motor skills.
                oh nooooeeees!!!! pc glitches suck!!! i feel for you what is your phd thesis on?? i am trying to work hard to get into the masters program but chronic pain keeps popping up and i cant focus well on pain meds but cant focus while in pain either, so i commend you on doing ur phd when it seems u've got a ton of health probs on top of it. is ur school understanding and trying to help/support you? where do u go to school? so many questions!

Comment

25 years...WoW

Comment

Hi Cryptic. I don't post a lot here but I read CC pretty regulaarly and you know me from PQ and NM.
                    "Some complain that there are thorns among the roses, but I am delighted to find an occasional rose among the thorns."

Comment

~Waves to Cryptic~

Welcome! Terrific intro post -- you feel like an old friend already. TheHipHubby is a Caprica addict, too, so he'll get a kick out of hearing I found one of his peer group here at CC.

Make yourself at home -- I look forward to getting to know you better.
                      It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

hello hipcrip and hipcriphubby!! i have yet to see caprica as school takes so much time but it is on my list for my "vegfest 2010" which is what i call the 1st week after classes end. lol. i'll be in bed, with the kitty and will eat tv dinners and a fruit basket (i love those things. i dunno y cuz most ppl dont but i'm all "ooh! what fruit do i want today??") and catch up on all the series i have made time for during the year.

do u like bsg? or are u a fan of other shows?

HI HI GHOTI!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X