Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Kristi!!

Comment

How wonderful !! You are a lovely woman Kristi. Congrats !!

Comment

Awesome! Good for you, Kristi!!!

Comment

Congratulations!
          "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

Excellent news Kristi. You rock harder than Moonshine, or Silverfinger.... wjatever that band is that you like there!
            www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Really great news, I'm proud of you girl!
              Blog:
              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Thanks everyone! I am exhausted. My phone, facebook, and email are blowing up. It was busy before -- my black berry battery finally said plug me in woman!

I have an appearance with Mrs. South Dakota International on Thursday, possible news story tomorrow (that terrifies me), and there is a cross disability support group meeting at Sanford Hospital that I am going to make an appearance at just before I go workout. There's a look -- workout clothes, a crown, and a sash. My trainer will want to see it anyway.

I'm working on a website for Ms. Wheelchair South Dakota. It is pretty simple on Google and this way I can pass this onto the next year's winner. We don't have one right now and we should -- we have been running in the Nationals for years -- we should have a webpage. It will promote it a lot better if people can find it on the web and have information.

Hoping to get some professional shots done. A couple of friends know photographers so hopefully I can get a decent deal.
                "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
                http://www.kristi-allen.com

Comment

Doesn't surprise me one bit! You are a beautiful young woman, inside and out! How can we help with the fundraiser?

Comment

Thanks MMM.

I'll take any help with the fund raising. I'm probably going to go at it a few different ways. I'll probably go at it through online donations and through events in town.

All funds go to my coordinator so it doesn't mess up my SSI. Hopefully, she has a Pay Pal system set up for online donations.

Torrid -- a store in the mall has offered to do gift baskets.

A friend of mine manages a sports bar and he offered to have it there so he's one of my first stops today.

I'll know more when I get the National pageant package. We have to wait til all State pageants are done before they send that out. August will be here faster then we know so -- hopefully I get all the money I need.

If you have any cool fund raising ideas I am all ears.

Comment

Congratulations Kristi! Roll on!

let me know when ur going to be n Big D.
                      http://www.dsportsman.com

Comment

What pictures Kristi! Beautiful hair, beautiful clothes, you're just beautiful!

Comment

WAY TO GO KRISTI! They could not have picked a better person!
                          "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Way to go KRISTI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! never had a doubt when you said you were going to enter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have fun Girl!!!!!

Comment

very nice.

Comment

Lazio - Nationals are August 9th - 15th.

wheelz - I am planning a trip to Dallas this year, just not sure when yet. I'm awaiting the Cowboys schedule to determine what game I see. Schedules don't come out until after the draft. This of course all depends on my appearance schedule too.

Thanks everyone for the congrats. Much appreciated. I hope to get a lot of accessible issues addressed this year. I met the current Ms. Wheelchair America at a Medical Expo in St. Paul and I must tell you -- people really listen to you when you have a crown and a sash on.

Comment

Working...
                                X