I Want to Read Your Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Want to Read Your Blog

I'm finally getting around to setting up Google Reader to make it easier to stay up to date with all of the blogs I follow, and I noticed something that makes me a little sad: there's very few blogs by CC members on my "Must Read" list.

With so many talented writers and outspoken members here, I'm convinced there must be a lot of excellent blogs I'd enjoy reading.

Please help me and other interested readers out by telling us about your blog!
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

THC: Shannon recently went through hell and back, but she is back. Her story The Metal in Me is a bit of a roller coaster with all the ups and downs. There were times when I thought she may not get out of the woods.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Shannon's "Metal In Me" blog is one of the few CC member blogs that I already know of, but I do thank you for the recommendation.

And you're right -- following her experiences took me through the full spectrum of emotions, sometimes even going from one extreme to the other in the same post!
      It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

I just started a bloggish thing...

www.worldonwheels.ca

It's more of an activities blog that a writing blog and right now there's not much there but hopefullyby the end of the summer there should be a lot of interesting stuff on there.
        www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

I hope you don't mind my piggybacking on your post, thehipcrip, but I've been wondering if there were any bloggers with disabilities in New York City interested in being listed on my site...
          NYC Disability Forum (@DisabledNYC on Twitter)

Comment

I'm glad I found this post.
            I have been keeping a livejournal since some time 2003.
            It's very personal and spans back to everything
            from what would've been Yasmine's 1'st birthday, the anniversary of her death.
            Dealing with my Mom and Dad's physical and emotional troubles.
            Splitting with Isis' mom. Dating again. Issues at the places I've worked
            and how it has affected the before mentioned things.
            With the recent changes I've decided to start blogging again.
            http://users.livejournal.com/_discord_
            The massive gaps in time are filled with the private entries that can only be viewed by
            individuals on my "friends" list thing...

My journal is great for putting you to sleep. I tend to type a loot.

Comment

Originally posted by christopher View Post
              I just started a bloggish thing...

www.worldonwheels.ca

It's more of an activities blog that a writing blog and right now there's not much there but hopefullyby the end of the summer there should be a lot of interesting stuff on there.

Looks like you got a bit of coverage CK : http://communities.kintera.org/REEVE.../08/70644.aspx
              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Here is another member GlitterGirl who is blogging. I can't think of any others.

http://www.wheelchairmommy.com/
                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                ––Paul Nussbaum
                usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Dear Friends
                  Soon i'll get back to my blogging and share it with ya all .

I love blogging it is a excellent way to unwind
                  Sncerely;
                  Gypsylady

Comment

There are such talented writers on this site. I wish I were better. I think my brain has turned to mush in the last year.

Comment

CK and Nick, thank you for letting me know. I will be dropping by your sites.

PN
                      , you might consider changing your handle to PR -- you are an excellent promoter. ~bookmarks GlitterGirl's site~

GypsyLady, please let me know when you do get back to it. You're always such a pleasure to hear from and based on what I know of you, you have a lot of interesting stories to share. (Is the picture in your signature really you? Sure is very close to what I thought you'd look like!)

LindaT
                      -- agreed. Wish more of them blogged and/or were willing to share their blogs.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

I started a blog of reprints of my articles that got published. http://petehealygrn.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have a blog to which I typically write once per month:

http://powerwheelchairusers.blogspot.com

- Bill :-)
                          Wheelchair users -- even high-level quads... WANNA BOWL?

I'm a C1-2 with a legit 255 high bowling game.

Comment

My husband is the one with the SCI but I keep an online journal. I don't have it because I think I'm a good writer or have important things to say. My sister-in-law started it a couple days after my husband's accident as a way to keep everyone posted so I wouldn't have to talk to a ton of different people everyday if I didn't want to. I took it over shortly after that and have since been using it as a sort of therapy tool to help me get through his ICU stay, rehab, and then adjusting to home. I'm one that doesn't mind sharing and in fact, am glad to know people read it. I've received a lot of supportive emails, and the best are the ones from parents who tell me that they share our story with their teenagers to stress the importance of safe driving. (It was a 16 year old who caused my husband's accident - she had marijuana in her system and two prior speeding tickets for 19 over the limit, then 6 months after the accident got a ticket for 29 over, all the while continuing to post online about partying, drugs & drinking)...

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/ryanclausing/mystory
                            Last edited by RyansWife; 5 Dec 2010, 1:37 AM.
                            --Jodi--
                            www.clausingfamily.com
                            www.facebook.com/ryanclausing

Comment

I posted a couple of blogs, but changed my mind about recommending them, and have deleted them from my post. I tried to delete my post altogether, but was unable to accomplish that. Sorry.
                              Last edited by gjnl; 5 Dec 2010, 1:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X