Just felt a little earthquake

My table started shaking and I thought I was going crazy, so I
    turned around to focus my eyes and saw my ceiling fan and
    chandelier swaying.

I called the non-emergency number to find out if anyone else
    in my area had reported weird movement and the operator
    confirmed that it was an earthquake. Kind of a bitch about it
    too. "Yeah, it's called an earthquake."

I guess the epicenter was Baja Mexico. Me 1, Earthquake 0. HA!

makes your heart jump dosn't it?

Comment

On Easter? Surely the End Times have begun.
      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
        makes your heart jump dosn't it?
        When I realized what it was, yeah.

I have these weird spells where I get dizzy and I thought that's
        what was going on.

Comment

I don't like earth quakes, it is scary. I have been in one big on, 6.9 and it really scared me to death and I went home to safe old Norway the next day.
          TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Registered 6.9 in CA.
            Are our San Diego and LA folks okay?
            Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
              I called the non-emergency number to find out if anyone else
              in my area had reported weird movement and the operator
              confirmed that it was an earthquake. Kind of a bitch about it
              too. "Yeah, it's called an earthquake."
              Probably because every citizen between there and the epicentre, within her jurisdiction, was calling to confirm! Instead of listening to the news ... which she probably isn't allowed to see in her office! I know we aren't ...
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                Probably because every citizen between there and the epicentre, within her jurisdiction, was calling to confirm! Instead of listening to the news ... which she probably isn't allowed to see in her office! I know we aren't ...
                We don't have local news and I didn't see anything on the cable news
                until about 10 minutes ago. I switched on the news immediately after
                the shaking.

But I understand you defending your American counterpart.

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post
                  Registered 6.9 in CA.
                  Are our San Diego and LA folks okay?
                  LA County emergency services is reporting 1.x's and 0.x's. CNN wasn't pleased.
                  Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Felt it big time here in San Diego. I am at work, and we felt the major one for nearly 30 seconds, and have felt at least 4 aftershocks since. No major damage, checked all the patients and staff and everyone is OK. Hospital did not declare a disaster so there must not be local major damage. Some books fell off shelves, a couple of file cabinets came open (ones that were not locked) and some pictures are askew, but I think we got of pretty lucky. Currently it is reported to be located about 30 miles south of Calexico (in the Mexican Sonora desert), which is about 100 miles from us, and was a 7.2.

If you felt it, you may want to file a report here (I did):

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...earch+Archives

(KLD)
                    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

Here ya go Buck. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_baja_earthquake I felt it in PHX and my facebook wall is lit up with folks reporting the same around the Valley. You had to get more of it than us though.
                      My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

Originally posted by JenJen View Post
                        Here ya go Buck. http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_baja_earthquake I felt it in PHX and my facebook wall is lit up with folks reporting the same around the Valley. You had to get more of it than us though.
                        Thanks Jen.

I don't know. It was faint but long. Just a gentle back and forth swaying.

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
                          LA County emergency services is reporting 1.x's and 0.x's. CNN wasn't pleased.
                          My son was in Thousands Oaks today and didn't feel a thing. Then again he is pretty oblivious.
                          Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

My sister is a nurse at UCLA. She called us to say things were shaking moving.

Comment

Buck didn't feel a damn earthquake, that was me jumping into his bed.

Comment

Working...
                              X