Gripe about home site.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_nc View Post
    I think its Jukespin that's having the issue, not skippy.
    Dan, etc., the last big development was nine days ago when she moved some guy into the flat w me. I asked her nephew, Stacie (a good, intelligeent guy) if he was OK mentally and he said yes. It turns out he runs a good but superficial game. A few days ago he started acting stranger than usual and asking me once and a while if I'd lost something. Too which I'd answered "Not that I know of.". That night he finally asked if I'd lost money. I checked my pocket and it turned out that I'd lost some cash. I described the denominations of the bills. He admitted having found the cash on the kitchen floor but refused to return it. (He'd already spent it as it turned out.) Most of yesterday I tried to get Olivia to come to the apts and talk to the guy and around diner time I went to the front house and got Stacie to come back and try to straighten the guy out. I wanted both fairness and its appearance so told Stacie nothing of what was going on until we were all together in the flat. Over the next forty min or so Stacie (and occasionally me as well) tried to enlighten Anthoney to no avail.

Although Olivia is still going to get into this today I'm out the money with no clear indication of how, when or even if it will ever be returned.

I'm still looking for place and have a few prospects. Thanks for the all support you guys.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

silly that he would admit finding money, but have no intention of returning it. kind of weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin View Post
        ... to first demand that Elizabeth stand up and then actually pulling her out of her chair disregarding her moans and cries and then walking her out of the house and alley to the waiting crew and ride....
        This was also stupid. What if she had an ailment that could have been made worse with the man handling? This lady needs to keep her hands off of people...especially sick people.
        Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
          Hi Juke! Sorry this happened. It sounds like Olivia is a control freak and thinks everything must be run past her so it can be "sanctioned." Any chance of you getting out of there and into a regular apartment anytime soon?
          Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. I have to laugh or I'll cry.

I am, as of 5:30 - 6:00pm yesterday, literally homeless. I was kicked out on the street of a house I'd moved into just four days before, the reason given being hygeine; I'd been disposing of feces and urine in their kitchen sink as there was nowhere else I could think of to put them. The owner had been told by me before I moved in that w/o his removing the bathroom door I'd be unable to use the b/r.

I returned from a day out food shopping to be informed by the landlady that she demanded I leave immeadeatly. About a third of my stuff was brought out to the street including one of three big boxes, one of which contains my new laptop at its' bottom. As I wasn't going to dig through the one to see in the computer was there I've got no idea where the tool is now - but the landlady said she planned to throw everything at the street out today if it was still there today. Two days shopping worth of food, most of my clothes and all my urine appliance and incontinence things remain in the house as the woman refused to allow me in to get anything.

So my cup of grief is hard to lift - I can't even recharge my cell when it dies and that will be soon.

Since yerterday I've spent half of my remaining money on two meals and a motel accomodation and still have no prospects of a roof - though I'm in contact with Sac. Self Help Housing. If they find me something I'll need $$$ to make a move which I don't have.

When I left the lod place on Fri. I'd still not gotten a cent back of what was stolen and Olivia wouldn't give it to me and collect it later from her client - the least of my wories at this point. It's raining and I've nowhere to go.
          Last edited by Juke_spin; 21 Apr 2010, 6:57 PM.
          J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Oh Juke, I am so sorry. Wouldn't it be illegal to just evict you on the spot? I thought a certain amount of notice had to be given? I don't even know that you have a way of reading this, but if you do can you check in with an attorney. They should be willing to give you at least that much of a clarification for free.

Comment

Oh Juke, I am so sorry. Wouldn't it be illegal to just evict you on the spot? I thought a certain amount of notice had to be given? I don't even know that you have a way of reading this, but if you do can you check in with an attorney. They should be willing to give you at least that much of a clarification for free.
              Eileen, thanks for the commiseration.

When the woman said she was kicking me out I replied that she would have to actually do it through the legal process and she then yelled that I couldn't "threaten her" and used her physically superior condition to physically prevent me going into the house while bringing a small part of my things out to the curb and telling me to "call my ride". I had and have no ride so everything has been left behind. I believe she's violated the law in this and will do some checking. But my experience of Calif. law seems to indicate that I'll get little or no agreement or compensation from bringing this to adjudication.

Meanwhile I'm on the streets tonight all night.

I've been blowing up my ROHO cushion daily to compensate for a small leak - I can't do that w/o getting off the dammed thing and now won't be able to do that for an indefinite period so my two little pressure sores should have an excellent chance to get much worse. And the phone you so nicely sent me is near dead and even a local cell place couldn't find the appropriate charger after looking for nearly an hour. Before tomorrow the cell will be dead. And my SSHH worker didn't even call me back today before her working day ended.
              J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

I've called two shelters but it's already after 6 PM (first come first serve basis). I am unable to reach Steve on his cell phone.

This is a powerful winter storm hitting California. It's coming down big and it's coming down hard.

Sorry.
                The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                ––Paul Nussbaum
                usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

When all of this went down last time I suggested he get on the list here.
                  www.ncr.org
                  Did he? They should have had an opening by now.
                  If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Juke, as a paying tenant, your landlord cannot evict you without going through the courts.

Head to the cop shop ASAP -- they should charge and arrest her unless she lets you back in. If any of your belongings are destroyed or damaged, sue her in small claims court.
                    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by thehipcrip View Post
                      Juke, as a paying tenant, your landlord cannot evict you without going through the courts.

Head to the cop shop ASAP -- they should charge and arrest her unless she lets you back in. If any of your belongings are destroyed or damaged, sue her in small claims court.
                      Hipcrip, I'm in Kaiser hosp in S. Sac the past week and a half and will be going to a nursing home tomorrow where I'll stay until my two small pressure areas are all healed - yes, same sores as nine months ago.

I got a nurse I met here to got to the residence to look for my laptop and she decided she could store all my stuff as long as necessary. Beautiful woman too. My laptop is here now and will travel w me for the time being - so if I can get the nurse lady to find and bring my cell and LT chargers I can have phone and internet from here on.

I intend to persure all realistic legal avenues asap but for now I'll to to the nursing place and get my sores all healed up.

Anyone hear/know about the Venus Project?
                      J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

Juke,
                        While I rarely think nursing home placement is ideal, I am glad to know you have housing for the next bit, along with three squares a day. It sounds like your sores need some bedrest too, so it is sort of a win/win. So glad the nurse is helping you out storing your stuff, and hope you get what else you need ASAP. Hang in there.

Comment

Juke,
                          While I rarely think nursing home placement is ideal, I am glad to know you have housing for the next bit, along with three squares a day. It sounds like your sores need some bedrest too, so it is sort of a win/win. So glad the nurse is helping you out storing your stuff, and hope you get what else you need ASAP. Hang in there.
                          Eileen, Today makes two weeks I've been living in the home, American River Care Canter, and it's really not too bad. Where I'd anticipated having no privacy here it turns out I've got more here than I'd had in the hospital. The food is pretty bad though. I'm in a two bed room with a stroke victim and we've got use of a VHS player and tapes and can shut our room door at night and watch movies all night. Don't know if it's the best thing for him as he's spent all day today in bed and he needs the rehab at this stage.

I'm planning to make one more effort to get the woman who kicked me out to bring my laptop charger to the Center and then buy a new one. I hope that, down the line when I have the whole matter adjudicated, I get a judgement by which she made to reimburse me for that and a lot of other things.
                          J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

I'm really happy to hear that you are OK. I was wondering about you today and hoping that you are all right.

Take that beeyotch landlady to court as soon as you are able. She is going to find out that there are rules to follow when dealing with tenants and that they do indeed apply to her as they do any other landlord.

Glad that you are at least indoors even though the location is not all that desirable.
                            Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

Steve, I'm glad to hear an update from you, my friend.
                              Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by Juke_spin View Post
                                I've been blowing up my ROHO cushion daily to compensate for a small leak - I can't do that w/o getting off the dammed thing and now won't be able to do that for an indefinite period so my two little pressure sores should have an excellent chance to get much worse. And the phone you so nicely sent me is near dead and even a local cell place couldn't find the appropriate charger after looking for nearly an hour. Before tomorrow the cell will be dead. And my SSHH worker didn't even call me back today before her working day ended.
                                What size & model ( low, Hi, etc.) Roho do you need / use?

Comment

Working...
                                X