This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coleen View Post
    No guilty feeling here, I'm just one of those SCI/D, with thecal sac impingement partly caused by DJD & partly by my bike accident (or so I understand it). It sounds & feels like I'm just not "one of us"
    You are----at least in my humble opinion.

I used the word "guilty" wrong. I just don't want folks feeling like the finger is being pointed at them, like they are being singled out.

If that were to happen, then the Sullivan's win yet again.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by thehipcrip View Post
      I apologize for getting OT but I can't let this one pass without saying something.
      A+
      Wow, nicely put! I was thinking the exact same thing. I even thought "revision much?" as I read the post in question. Thanks for taking the time and having the heart to post that.
      ______
      Awe at my magnificent coq!

"You may say I'm a dreamer
      but I'm not" - J. Lennon

Comment

Peeps, lots of good input here. Let's remember what makes CCC great -- the caring and sharing and trust.

The trust has been tested by an insidious impostor. Let's not tear the community apart looking under rocks. McCarthyism didn't work well the first time around...

Can we focus back on the point of this thread --- one particular impostor and what we've learned as a community that will help us going forward.

Kumbay-frigging- ya!!!
        My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

I hope that anyone with an interest in sci or is just curious will feel comfortable joining CC and welcomed by members. Students and others have learned from participating, and I have enjoyed assisting them. If we want people to understand sci and join us in our battle to prevail over it, we need to reach out to them. Non-scis have played as much a role in lifting me up as my peers, and I respect that.

The issue that resulted in this thread is abuse or misuse of membership. Without addressing problem participants, Forums are quickly destroyed. A while back the local newspaper set up a forum for discussion of local issues. It was a great service for a few months until the kids found it and started filling it up with garbage. It was rendered useless and shut down. I hope everyone will support the moderators in their efforts to throw out the few"rotten apples" before they ruin what is truly a barrel of wonderful fruit. I, like others, consider membership to be a privilege, not a right.
          You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
          http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
          http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JenJen View Post
            Peeps, lots of good input here. Let's remember what makes CCC great -- the caring and sharing and trust.

The trust has been tested by an insidious impostor. Let's not tear the community apart looking under rocks. McCarthyism didn't work well the first time around...

Can we focus back on the point of this thread --- one particular impostor and what we've learned as a community that will help us going forward.

Kumbay-frigging- ya!!!
            Sure wish this exact post had appeared back in the 70's (reply-wise), before someone who definitely found much needed support here and tried to give that support back was publicly disparaged to the point of leaving CC.
            It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by thehipcrip View Post
              Sure wish this exact post had appeared back in the 70's (reply-wise), before someone who definitely found much needed support here and tried to give that support back was publicly disparaged to the point of leaving CC.
              If they found much-needed support, why would they leave? Did the unsupportive outweigh the supportive? If they really need support, why not take a break from CC instead of "leaving"?

That kind of thing amazes me, probably b/c I've been publicly disparaged dozens of times on CC. I use CC less these days, b/c I'm an old hand at sci now. I still like to help the newbies and talk to the regulars, so I don't leave.

On the internet, as in life, nobody gets 100% approval rating. It's a shame when ppl get all butthurt and flounce out during an episode like this, because that's all this is-an episode. If ppl stuck around, they'd know that. Scammers come and go, everybody feels a bit gunshy, they look over their shoulders for a while, then go back to normal. Rinse, repeat.

Coleen, to my knowledge nobody has been referencing you in this thread. Granted, my knowledge is limited LOL.

I have no illusions about this being an sci/friend/family only message board. I figure all are welcome. I'd prefer not to be bludgeoned but other than that it's all good.
              Last edited by betheny; 26 Mar 2010, 1:36 PM.
              Blog:
              Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
                If they found much-needed support, why would they leave? Did the unsupportive outweigh the supportive? If they really need support, why not take a break from CC instead of "leaving"?
                Because some people don't like being attacked underhandedly like they were attacked in this thread? Maybe they know when they're not welcome? I'm not even sure who the person is (tho' I have an idea), but it wasn't pleasant seeing several CCers using this thread to poke fun and attack someone publicly as if they were gossiping in PMs, taking apparent glee in accusing the person and laughing and joking about them without having the cajones to say who they were accusing (you among them, even in this latest post, getting in another jab with your "bludgeoning" comment).

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  . . . it wasn't pleasant seeing several CCers using this thread to poke fun and attack someone publicly as if they were gossiping in PMs, taking apparent glee in accusing the person and laughing and joking about them without having the cajones to say who they were accusing . . .
                  Another problem with this kind of thing is, we see members like Coleen reading the vague implications and ridiculing of an unnamed member, and she (and likely others) wonder "are they talking about and poking fun at me?"

It's an unfortunate turn in this thread, and I can understand why a relatively new member would take offense and leave because of it.

Comment

Folks:
                    Lets stay on topic and stop the finger pointing, accusations, etc ALL accross the board. I will repeat it one more time, lets not attack each other but instead use this as a time to pull together.

If this type in in-house attacking continues, I will suggest that the thread be moved and/or closed.

Amazes me that the fact that someone came into the community, faked numerous identities etc. appears to be lost for the last several (20+) posts.

Enough of the . Can we please stay on topic or move forward?
                    Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

AB are part of the CC community, I thought this was an information site. My only problem is if you are AB let us know in you profile so we know your point of view. When a post seem mean or from someplace way out in right field. I would like to be able to let you know what I feel in private.
                        T6 complete

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post
                          Folks:
                          Lets stay on topic and stop the finger pointing, accusations, etc ALL accross the board. I will repeat it one more time, lets not attack each other but instead use this as a time to pull together.

If this type in in-house attacking continues, I will suggest that the thread be moved and/or closed.
                          I understand, cheesecake. But I personally wasn't trying to fuel the witch-hunt drama/off-topic discussion; just addressing those trying to justify the thread derailment, and pointing out how that derailment was -- and is -- harmful in a way that goes beyond simple drama or just getting off-topic.

Honestly, though, I'm not sure what more can even be said on-topic.

Comment

Amazes me that the fact that someone came into the community, faked numerous identities etc. appears to be lost for the last several (20+) posts.
                            I hope you will take it a face value that I am not trying to be flip but am honestly trying to provide an answer this observation.

Perhaps the shift in topics means that there is not much more that members feel they want to say that wasn't already addressed in the first 200 plus posts about the imposters, but that there are other issues that aren't part of the OT but were raised multiple times in the thread -- like who should be "allowed" to post at CC -- that also strike an emotional chord.
                            It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

It's probably time to wrap this thread up. It's served its purpose. Kudos to Steven, Scorp, chick and the other members and mods who invested time, effort and emotion to uncover the deceptive and mentally ill member in question. But we're starting to eat our own, which is surely entertaining to the person from Butte whom this thread addresses.

I have a fork. Stick it in.

Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

The IPs of the person from Butte have been banned (via vBulletin, not iptables), so they won't return anytime soon.

Ending on a positive:

...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Working...
                                X