Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so is the sullivan family made up in retaliation to a past discovery by care cure of this same offender? made up by this person to repay care cure for banning her for the same kind of scam?

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
      so is the sullivan family made up in retaliation to a past discovery by care cure of this same offender? made up by this person to repay care cure for banning her for the same kind of scam?
      Now that would be way too weird!

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
        I don't think so. The scammer/faker was outed and banned at PowerQuad. And while the owner of PowerQuad is a member of CC, he's not a regular here. I think it's simply a matter of her moving from one place to another to keep things fresh and look for more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by hodge View Post
          holy hijinks batman. do we all send steven a scooby snack or what? this thread reads like a book.
          you should see the one in mods . . . and cheesecake gets half that scooby snack, along with jenjen and a couple of others.

for "markpals" if you have the nerve to come round . . .

(silence)

Comment

I am so sad that someone had to make up so many identities and stories, all to get our attention, sympathy, caring. I also sent PM's to both of them, thinking, praying... My friend in NJ is presently in a coma, in a hospital... real life story of heart-break tearing at me now.. and then I come online at CC and see there was this fake coma story...and heart-break. I find this so repulsive... so very heart-breaking that someone could just take advantage of our emotions so much.

Eileen, you are terrific. I agree with your posts.. Thanks so much for caring enough to
            send cards and show you care. Jody, thank you too, and to all of you who cared..

ZZ, this is not an entertainment site. Quite offensive you took the time to post this to us when you read our own difficulty and heart-break over believing the story and sharing our heart, time and emotions, and being betrayed. If you want to find an entertainment site online, I am sure you can Google and join many boards and sites. ZZ, Do you have a SCI? Are you living the life and sharing your experiences here to help others who live with SCI or caregiver to some who is quadraplegic? If you call this entertainment, clearly you are mixing it up with another message board-

SCI forum at CC brings together people who have SCI and caregivers. As we can see, there are some who come here who don't have either, and some come here for malicious purposes. This is clearly someone who meets both of these criteria.

I have been burned here as well, by MarkPals and all the fake identities. I received PM from "Annie" who claimed she was in Vet school and dropped out to care for family... Telling me in a odd childish manner that Mark will be angry with her for writing a post to defend him online, once he comes back from dialysis. She then told me she had no way to communicate with him at home, has to do so by the internet. It is as if she was saying the only communication with her family members is by CC? Yes, red flags, but we don't want to believe someone would make this up... but it happened

Jody and I uncovered DarkLighter's false identity too.. and his online suicide fake... At the same time he was gaining our sympathies, and posting other people's death poems and photos (claiming as his), he was on the RC website posting in the humor forum, rather inappropriate photos... He was given discipline marks against him, made public on that site for inappropriate humor...

When Darklighter was posting his many posts, and going down the suicide road, I asked for my posts to be removed since I did not want any association. I requested for the thread to be blocked. I was disillusioned by CC's approach, as I had tried to warn them this was someone who was using us, inappropriate, fake. Instead, there were others, a member and a moderator, who said that to let him continue posting pictures and posting death poems, as this is his way to "vent" and is healing...

Then there was someone else whose son reportedly was cured with magnets, with mattress, at AMRI, etc.. and trying to get us to get free treatment in VA, and then I read AMRI was closed and sued by the AG's office for fraud in a couple of states... So again, someone try to play on our sympathies, in this instance, to sell us snake oil..

Regarding the moderators or others who believe someone should stay who otherwise does not seem to fit here because it helps them emotionally... brings the larger picture of concern to me, when thinking of CC. Are we going to use this forum to support people who are on the "edge" of harming themself when we can do nothing about it online, or exploiting us one way or another and just let them vent? Let people make repeated entries to message boards for SCI who do not have SCI or caretaker? This is a message board not a mental health facility. These people need medical help, mental health help, and to harm others like this, by getting ourselves emotionally, financially, "energy" invested (not to consider the time it takes out of our lives)...in someone who is leading a scam...

It is with this, that I also thank you Steven and others for checking this out and getting this person to expose herself, himself.. And to help with the exposing. It hurts to feel that someone who has a job working for an attorney, and able to pay their bills, work, able to wake up in the morning to eat on their own, breath on their own, communicate, and without the heavy heart of being a caretaker of someone with a high level injury... and free to live life... would take advantage of us like this. But, it is not the first time those of us with disabilities have been taken advantage of, and I am sure, not the last.

I know I try to help others along the way, open my heart... I have asked a lot of questions for those who set off my BS detector, and I will continue to do so.. Interesting, for those who I questioned, turned out they seemed to show it in the end to be true... MarkPals had many questionable elements, but I was not following long enough or close enough to see it..

For those who cared and trusted, I can just say you are terrific. Thank you...
            Last edited by med100; 26 Mar 2010, 7:01 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Eileen - you of all - I find you such a value to this site. I respect your views and read your responses all the time as I value your opinion. You have so much to offer in friendship and experience. You've handled a divorce, have children, carried a career and managed mortgages on your own, all with grace. Just brush some lint off the back of your right shoulder and imagine it's Andes/Mark/Mike/Decco/Sissy/Brian .... all gone. We all deserve better.

Don't let one snake in the grass spoil the meadow for you! There are a lot of great people here - you included. I've mentioned more than once that I thought you would make a good moderator.

I'm also thankful to Chick & Scorp who are ever-vigilant to keep this site as true as possible. Steven, Cheese and JenJen who went above and beyond to prove the falsehoods of so many identities.

Taking out ads in papers is tempting to 'out' these people ... but I'm going to rise above it and leave them in the gutter where they belong.[COMMENT][/COMMENT]
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by zz View Post
                why all the drama?

looks like many here were just a part of a soap opera, an interactive fiction. so what? aren't many here for entertainment purposes mostly anyway?

you got emotionally involved? again, so what? never happened before? while reading a book, watching a movie, watching something on the tv? never discussed politics? had "energy vampire" friends?

never got or felt duped before? by a book, a movie, a commercial, a politician, something you bought, somebody close?

many here must be living a different life. but i don't envy you.
                Your logic makes no sense at all. When someone gets emotionally invested into a book, film, or any other work of fiction, they know it's fiction.

Comparing that to becoming invested into a person or people you believe to be real is far different. Would you like to marry someone and ten years later find out your spouse was living a double life? Maybe have a cheating partner give you HIV?

I hate liars. I truly do. Justifying liars because they're entertaining is absurd. If I ever want to sell a lemon, I'll be pleased to contact you in order to entertain you for money.

Comment

It hurts to feel that someone who has a job working for an attorney, and able to pay their bills, work, able to wake up in the morning to eat on their own, breath on their own, communicate, and without the heavy heart of being a caretaker of someone with a high level injury... and free to live life... would take advantage of us like this. But, it is not the first time those of us with disabilities have been taken advantage of, and I am sure, not the last.
                  We do not believe that this individual was an attorney, just that they worked in the courts. We have other information that leads us to strongly believe that they are an office worker. Please lets not villify others unnecessarily.
                  Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                    I've mentioned more than once that I thought you would make a good moderator.
                    I would second that lynnifer
                    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

I am overwhelmed after reading the whole thread and I feel bad for the people here who feel hurt after investing feelings and sympathy to their story. I have seen bad trolls before in Norway and one of them made me feel sick after so I know the feeling.

But Steven, chick and scorpion have made a good job here, it was never in my mind it was fake, no red flags for me.
                      TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by med100
                        When Darklighter was posting his many posts, and going down the suicide road, I asked for my posts to be removed since I did not want any association. I requested for the thread to be blocked. I was disillusioned by CC's approach, as I had tried to warn them this was someone who was using us, inappropriate, fake. Instead, there were others, a member and a moderator, who said that to let him continue posting pictures and posting death poems, as this is his way to "vent" and is healing...
                        I apologize for getting OT but I can't let this one pass without saying something.

Talk about revisionist history! You removed your posts after the outing of Darklighter because you and at least one other were in that thread posting your own 'deep' poetry and telling Darklighter how deep and beautiful his poems were, and you were embarrassed that you got caught up in the deceit.

There's nothing wrong with the fact that you cared and missed one -- happens to all of us ('cept Scorp, Chick, Steven and a few others!). But for god's sake, own it instead of trying to rewrite history to make it look like you're the great defender of our fragile little souls.

Let people make repeated entries to message boards for SCI who do not have SCI or caretaker? This is a message board not a mental health facility. These people need medical help, mental health help, and to harm others like this, by getting ourselves emotionally, financially, "energy" invested (not to consider the time it takes out of our lives)...
                        This holier than thou attitude about who has a right to be here and who doesn't is really starting to piss me off. A small group of you got your wish and ran another relatively new person off -- and I lost someone I considered a friend. I keep waiting for all of you folks who are adamant that this be an SCI only site to run teena out of town on a rail -- after all, she doesn't have an SCI. But oh, I forget, she's not new, so she can be the exception and post in any many threads as she wants. (teena, I have no problem with you or anyone who feels they can get something out of this site, or add something to it, being here. Your unwavering support for folks here means so much to so many -- I cited you as you were the first really active non-sci/d person/family member I could think of.)

Geez, people, this is a public site. No where in the TOS does it require anyone to have an SCI or be a caretaker to join or participate. If Dr. Young doesn't have an issue with people who aren't "one of us" being here -- as long as they are honest about who they are -- then let it go. If you don't like someone, or what they have to say, DON'T READ THEIR POSTS.

There's no pleasing some of you. Newbies get beat on because they haven't made enough posts (like the guy in R&S asking advice about going to an open relationship) or *gasp* haven't completed an optional profile. Others are hated because they post too much. Still others are ostracized because they didn't become a crip due to injury -- they have the gall to try and get help and answers about their MS or their pain from a thecal sac impingement. It's amazing to me that so many new people even make the effort to join us when these attitudes are so prevalent.

My apologies for the rant. All of the BS I mention has been directed at me at one time or another, but I'm a lot thicker-skinned than some others and felt it necessary to speak out for those too intimidated to do so.
                        It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by thehipcrip View Post
                          I apologize for getting OT but I can't let this one pass without saying something.
                          Yes, you can. And I'd appreciate it if you would.
                          ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Ok, done & done - I'm sure some of you mean me, but I not only have DJD, I was also in a bike accident. Nothing made up here. My son got stupid once (he figured out my password) but I rocked his socks when I found out.
                            I am suspicious of a couple of people, but instead of ranting about them to the community, I took my suspicions to the mods, as IMO, is the proper thing to do. I did mention to someone in a PM that someone didn't seem 'right' so that the person I PM'd would take care not to become to attached just yet - this friend has been hurt too many times. I've learned a lot about my condition here, enough to be able to cope now & when it gets worse, but when that happens & I'm chair bound, you won't hear about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coleen View Post
                              Ok, done & done - I'm sure some of you mean me, but I not only have DJD, I was also in a bike accident. Nothing made up here. My son got stupid once (he figured out my password) but I rocked his socks when I found out.
                              I am suspicious of a couple of people, but instead of ranting about them to the community, I took my suspicions to the mods, as IMO, is the proper thing to do. I did mention to someone in a PM that someone didn't seem 'right' so that the person I PM'd would take care not to become to attached just yet - this friend has been hurt too many times. I've learned a lot about my condition here, enough to be able to cope now & when it gets worse, but when that happens & I'm chair bound, you won't hear about it.
                              Please, no one is pointing to you. Lets not create a witch hunt and/or feelings of guilt amongst folks.
                              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post
                                Please, no one is pointing to you. Lets not create a witch hunt and/or feelings of guilt amongst folks.
                                No guilty feeling here, I'm just one of those SCI/D, with thecal sac impingement partly caused by DJD & partly by my bike accident (or so I understand it). It sounds & feels like I'm just not "one of us"

Comment

Working...
                                X