Clear All

Originally posted by quadvet View Post
    Who to point fingers at ?

Story of Stuff; How Things Work, About Stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLBE5QAYXp8
    get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

khmorgan,
      That was an interesting article. Thanks for posting it. I think cats are less problematic than dogs, just because of their size, but for all animal lover's I think having a pet is a little bit like having a kid....it's more work, more expense, but what you get back is SO worth it. I use biodegradable litter made from corn kernels, and my two felines have never needed a bath because they do not set paw outside to get dirty. Their toys are soft sacks filled with catnip instead of the hard plastic toys more commonly given to dogs. They eat dry food, so there are no cans. Their waste usually goes into biobags made of cornstarch, so that degrades quickly, as does the waste itself. I actually think their feces is less problematic than most humans, since they don't take antibiotics or hormones.

Comment

Originally posted by quadvet View Post
        Story of Stuff; How Things Work, About Stuff
        Its unbelievable how many half truths can be crammed into a few minutes. Put this with this video about "There is no global warming", and they would self-destruct.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
          khmorgan,
          That was an interesting article. Thanks for posting it. I think cats are less problematic than dogs, just because of their size, but for all animal lover's I think having a pet is a little bit like having a kid....it's more work, more expense, but what you get back is SO worth it. I use biodegradable litter made from corn kernels, and my two felines have never needed a bath because they do not set paw outside to get dirty. Their toys are soft sacks filled with catnip instead of the hard plastic toys more commonly given to dogs. They eat dry food, so there are no cans. Their waste usually goes into biobags made of cornstarch, so that degrades quickly, as does the waste itself. I actually think their feces is less problematic than most humans, since they don't take antibiotics or hormones.
          Oh, don't get me wrong. I wasn't criticizing the keeping of pets. I was just saying that for every human activity, someone will find a way it can be destructive. I'm sure there are some people who would like to eliminate human life on earth so the earth could return to its natural state -- right up to the point the Sun burns out.

PS. I'm a dog person. Ever see a dog eat his own feces? Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by khmorgan View Post
            Its unbelievable how many half truths can be crammed into a few minutes. Put this with this video about "There is no global warming", and they would self-destruct.
            hehe, yeah but doesn't it just give you the warm fuzzies... thanks for watching, puts all this holier than thou crap into perspective... peace.
            get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Working...
            X