Signs Of Spring 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signs Of Spring 2010

Last year, I started a thread called "Signs of Spring" where folks could post pics, talk about the weather, discuss outdoor activities, or just talk about coming out of hibernation...lol.

It was a pretty big hit, so I decided to start another one for this year.

I went out to my favorite park today and snapped some pics.

I apologize for posting each pic separately, but I can not figure out how to put multiple pics in a single post without them turning into links.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

The buds posted above eventually turn into this:

Comment

Comment

Nothing green here yet. Lots of snow still on the ground, but a lot has melted. The east fork of the Des Moines river is about to crest in my town, and KMart has packed all their inventory and hauled it somewhere else. Most of the town is up on a hill, so no worries there.

I do hear the birds though, and that's a nice sound to hear after so many months.

My basement is flooded
        Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
        Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

This Weeping Willow is getting its leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
            Nothing green here yet. Lots of snow still on the ground, but a lot has melted. The east fork of the Des Moines river is about to crest in my town, and KMart has packed all their inventory and hauled it somewhere else. Most of the town is up on a hill, so no worries there.

I do hear the birds though, and that's a nice sound to hear after so many months.

My basement is flooded
            That sounds scary, rdf. Please be careful and take care!

Comment

Nice pics Danine. Pretty.
              Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Comment

...last one for now.

Comment

Beautiful pics Danine. I spent the weekend cleaning out my closest, putting my winter wear away and bringing out my summer clothes I've been buying now I just need to get my toes done. Today I was outside practing getting into my car and my favorite cop stopped by and chatted he was away from the sun and I was facing it so I can tell my face just got darker, I love the sun but I think I need more sunscreen. I am so glad springs here
                    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

I just love taking pictures of things blooming in my yard, though I'm sure they are of no interest to anyone but me. Had to go to town today and got a good view of Spring here. The tulip trees are in full bloom. Forsythia, bradford pears, daffodils are blooming. I am in zone 8, for you gardners. The willows are leafing out. The redbuds and dogwood have buds, but not flowering yet. Sorry for all of you that are having flooding. It has been a hard winter for us all. Here are my daffodils.

Comment

So pretty. My daffodils are poking up about an inch near the house. The ones further out are still not seen. The trees are budding, but the only real sign of spring here is
                        Last edited by sjean423; 15 Mar 2010, 8:20 PM.
                        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

My friend and I were just talking today about how we can't wait for all the pretty spring/summer flowers to arrive. My flower bulbs (except the crocus) are just starting to come up.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys.

WTF, I love your current avatar. You truly are a lovely woman. I'm glad your getting some retail therapy...and I don't do too many girly things, but I like having my toe nails done too...love french pedicures!

Rebajane, nice pic. I'm glad you're seeing some relief from the long, hard winter.

Sjean, yes, my throat is wicked sore. I don't usually have a lot of Spring allergies, so hopefully it won't get much worse.

Amarillogal, make sure to post some pics when you get a chance.

Comment

spring flowers are still at least a month away, 2 months till the trees leaf out but....it's melting! kids are out in spring coats and my oldest comes home with no coat on everyday...puddles galore. I'm stuck to sidewalks until the mud dries out.
                              i will live vicariously though your beautiful flower photos. I planted a lot of perrenials last year and can't wait to see how they come up.
                              Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

Working...
                              X