10 years today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 years today....

Said it before and I'll say it again,...SCI sucks!!!!!!

Sorry. I am sure that today will be filled with every emotion imaginable. I am coming up on my 7 yrs. It seems to be hitting hard this year. Keep your chin up. and yes SCI Sucks!

Comment

I am at a decade too. november 13. sci does suck. I am incomplete so can walk, though it is not too pretty. Heres to another year around the sun.

Comment

Try to do something fun, that's what I do on my aniversary date.

Comment

I eat birthday cake, and everyone in town lights off fireworks. We even have a parade! Obama even came to Butte two years ago, and his daughter and I blew out the candles on a big cake. Getting hurt on my birthday, which happens to be the 4th of July has really worked to my advantage over the years. The fam dam go out of their way to make me forget that day. I am not telling that I really don't have much recollection of the day.

Edited to say I'm not trying to take anything away from your post, and I heartily agree SCI sucks!

Comment

My decade is on May 10th Lots of dreams ruined... But it make me stronger inside.
            blago.org
            sigpic

Comment

You are alive. I hope and pray you can find something to be thankful for thats what I do. It will be 40 for me next year. Now that SUCKS!!!!

Comment

We are peers, Reedyd. Seen a lot of changes in equipment and care, to say nothing of attitudes, heh?

Comment

Just one day closer to walking. Easier said then done, but keep at least a spark of hope.
                  T6 complete

Comment

Originally posted by gpbullock View Post
                    gpbullock

It's my birthday too, thinking about opening a bottle of wine. 4 years
                    Living the Dream, C6/C7 incomplete.

Comment

Originally posted by gpbullock View Post
                      I raise my glass to that sentiment!

Comment

Yeah, SCI definitely sucks. But try to think of the anniversary as the day you survived when you could have died. Not always easy to do, I know. I'm coming up on 20 years in October, and I'm not sure how it'll hit me, being half my life as well. Hope you're feeling better than you were a few days ago, man.

Originally posted by Brian Brat View Post
                        . . . Obama even came to Butte two years ago, and his daughter and I blew out the candles on a big cake. . .
                        That's so cool! You should post pix of that in the Best Pix thread! Or link to a newspaper pic online? What a photo-op that had to have been for Obama, and a great experience for you--a story you can tell your grandkids!

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                          Yeah, SCI definitely sucks. But try to think of the anniversary as the day you survived when you could have died. Not always easy to do, I know. I'm coming up on 20 years in October, and I'm not sure how it'll hit me, being half my life as well. Hope you're feeling better than you were a few days ago, man.

That's so cool! You should post pix of that in the Best Pix thread! Or link to a newspaper pic online? What a photo-op that had to have been for Obama, and a great experience for you--a story you can tell your grandkids!
                          It was very cool for the whole town, Scorpion, but if I made it sound like I was personally involved with the family celebration it is only because I was at the party. Mere coincidence that it was my birthday, as well as his daughters, but it made the story better. I am linking the story , and if you could see about three inches to the left outside the shot, you could see my house!

http://www.mtstandard.com/news/local...tml?mode=story

Comment

Gpbullock... the exact same date changed both of our lives drastically. March 11th 2000. The day before I became 26. Not a fun day but I hope you are doing fine now.

Comment

passed 40 in february. sorry all, still sucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X