No announcement yet.

10 years today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One milestone I wasn't looking forward to but I survived, and I'm still in the fight. Hope my silence on this thread didn't give the wrong impression. Major dates like these as they relate to how long one has been living with SCI seem to be days of reckoning and introspection, sometimes combined with consuming mass quantities of whatever guilty pleasure you have around the house. There was a lot of weight tied to the 10 year mark for me, 25% of my life spent in a chair, and arguably what should have been the best years of my life. I've accomplished a lot of things in the last 10 years despite my injury, ....in spite of my injury? I have evaluated the time I spent and am interested in seeing what the future holds. SCI still sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by gpbullock View Post
      SCI still sucks...
      Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Brat View Post
        It was very cool for the whole town, Scorpion, but if I made it sound like I was personally involved with the family celebration it is only because I was at the party. Mere coincidence that it was my birthday, as well as his daughters, but it made the story better. I am linking the story , and if you could see about three inches to the left outside the shot, you could see my house!

http://www.mtstandard.com/news/local...tml?mode=story
        Oh, okay. Your earlier post said that you blew out the candles on a big cake with Obama's daughter, so I thought that was very cool. Anyway, it's still cool that you were there and got to meet Obama! It looks like it was some picnic! And just "walking" distance from your house!

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X