No announcement yet.

Going to hyperbaric oxygen chamber again tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the compliments on the picture. The chamber has done a lot of good for me. All the undermining is gone now and the depth has decreased significantly. I finally saw surgeon who said he's willing to close it up. I go back in to see him in his office next week and they said I could have surgery the week after. I can't wait to finally get this thing closed and get back on with my life. I've been in this stupid bed now for over a year. It's time to get out of it and start doing stuff again. I've done all my pressure mapping and stuff and my butt is so bony that even the therapist who was doing my pressure mapping set I had the boniest but he's ever felt. Not a single cushion works well for me so they are going to hook me up with a Ride Design custom-built seat cushion. Wish me luck guys. I think this will be my 16th surgery since my accident.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

dude that sucks! i for sure have extra padding u could borrow! lol Anyway, hope u heal quickly now that things are headed in the right direction for you.

Comment

Originally posted by rybread View Post
        Thanks for the compliments on the picture. The chamber has done a lot of good for me. All the undermining is gone now and the depth has decreased significantly. I finally saw surgeon who said he's willing to close it up. I go back in to see him in his office next week and they said I could have surgery the week after. I can't wait to finally get this thing closed and get back on with my life. I've been in this stupid bed now for over a year. It's time to get out of it and start doing stuff again. I've done all my pressure mapping and stuff and my butt is so bony that even the therapist who was doing my pressure mapping set I had the boniest but he's ever felt. Not a single cushion works well for me so they are going to hook me up with a Ride Design custom-built seat cushion. Wish me luck guys. I think this will be my 16th surgery since my accident.
        be careful w/ that ride cushion, its going to wack your balance way off, and going to sit you high in the chair.
        Bike-on.com rep
        John@bike-on.com
        c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
        sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Wish I could trim off a bunch of my extra padding and send it to you. I am so glad the hyperbaric chamber has helped. Hope you are able to have the surgery soon and then get back out into the world. Good time of year to start having freedom again!

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

good luck bud, in my prayers
              Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
              don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Comment

Good Luck. We could have a contest with our bony butts.
                No meat here either. lol

Give it lots of time to heal before you sit on it.
                Take it slow. Said out of care. I pray this is the last time.

I'm so glad you're going to move on.
                sigpic

Comment

Stay strong man.

Comment

Ryan, back when I was a case manager, I worked with a woman and her young son who had CP. She swore by the positive effects of hyperbaric treatment! I hope the surgery goes well and you continue to improve!
                    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

hang in there ryan. good wishes to you.

Comment

i finish my last week on bedrest monday from flap surgery. just a side note, clinitron beds suck.

Comment

Admit it already......

It was the collapsing floor at the weight watcher's meeting that made you lose that weight....

Glad you are healing up....we need to meet up when you get well.
                          T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                          X