Clear All

You Can get all the weather statistics for any city in any state here:

http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/c...US&s=SC&refer=
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Earthquakes and fires! After awhile, you get used to the "shake and bake"!!

Comment

Hi Everyone
        I know heat is sometimes very unbearing but no matter what state anyone moves there is always going to be pro's and con's

I think Texas is kool for SCI people because Houston / Dallas really got some great Medical Facilities plus places being handicap user friendly For some reason TX has done alot of work to make wheelchair bound people more comfortable .

Over the years I've looked into where is a decent state for my SCI and still live happily in Tx Granted I live in a very desolate area but I have my place here out in the country .
        For Family folk with a SCI member
        The bigger cities are what I reccomend
        Being Stem cell procedure wise this is why I reside in Tx
        Also it is right next to NM and a trip to Arizona is fairly close

Just Thinking away
        Keep smiling
        Gypsylady

Comment

Come out here to Arizona. It's beautiful 9 1/2 months out of the year. Sure, the summers are kind of hot, but it's a dry heat (LOL). I lived in New Jersey before this and it was horrible in the summer times with the humidity. That was long before I got hurt but even I didn't like it when I was nine years old. Phoenix is only five hours away from everything. Las Vegas is right around the corner, San Diego to go surfing, or if you want to escape the heat in the summertime it's a 2 Hour Drive to Flagstaff. The services are pretty good once you get in. If I remember correctly, the process wasn't that hard. They basically wanted me to be all set up. I don't know about cost of living because I have nothing to compare with. I do know it's a lot cheaper than California.
          C-5/6, 7-9-2000
          Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

A couple of thing I’d consider when choosing a home are community where I had some friends or relatives nearby and a community with recreational activities I enjoy. Hopefully, you will spend more time with friends and having a good time that you will spend receiving medical care. Having to travel for recreation will have you spending alot of the money you thought you were saving with cheap housing.

Comment

I enjoyed AZ. It was very very accessible, in fact I saw more people in wheelchairs than I'd ever seen in a community. Plus the streets are empty compared to LA.

I am actually considering AZ for a short period stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Imight View Post
                I enjoyed AZ. It was very very accessible, in fact I saw more people in wheelchairs than I'd ever seen in a community. Plus the streets are empty compared to LA.

I am actually considering AZ for a short period stay.
                Well you got about 3 1/2 months to get here before it starts getting warm. It was 74° today and sunny. Absolutely perfect day. If you come to Arizona, let me know you're coming and we will get together and do something.
                C-5/6, 7-9-2000
                Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Comment

MOMBO-
                  our great state has earthquakes, fires, floods, mudslides, riots, and don't forget all the fruits, nuts, and flakes who re-locate here.
                  I'm from la and hated it there...too much traffic...now i'm finishing school up at CSU Monterey Bay but recently lost my housing and was planning on moving back down south...the rain got old real quick in a chair since my spasms toss me on the ground when it's dry out let alone wet. Do you live near SD? I heard it is a hot-bed for SCI stuff...and I'm a sports nut..u name it I play it...would you reccommend SD?

Comment

Working...
                  X