Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang over cures

Enlighten me on some.

For me, Alka seltzer before i go to bed then a cheeseburger from any drive thru with as much lettuce and tomato as you can get, 2 shots of vodka in large coke that come with burger. :-)

Comment

Don't drink so much....problem solved.....

Art
      Art

Comment

Dill pickle juice from the jar, and canned whole oyster stew (milk, butter, oysters, pepper...simmered). If that doesn't work, it's a bloody mary morning.
        Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
        Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Art454 View Post
          Don't drink so much....problem solved.....

Art
          Helpful advice if one is looking to prevent a hangover. But that isn't the topic of the thread.

Comment

When I was a kid I would take two Extra Strength Tylenol and eat a lemon with salt on it and drink water.

I don't drink very often anymore because it seems to take less and less to give me a hangover the older and older I get......so...I don't know what would work for me now. I can't remember the last time I drank. So sad.

"I just want you to know, it was the best time ever." J.F.F.

Comment

Heres a great article I found online

http://cocktails.about.com/od/health...ngovr_rmdy.htm

Comment

Originally posted by orangejello View Post
                Helpful advice if one is looking to prevent a hangover. But that isn't the topic of the thread.
                I thought it was....you asked hang over cures.....don't drink so much fills the bill in my book.

Also a lot of pressure sore's come from drinking to much and you don't give a shit about pressuer relielfs or you pass out in your chair for 6 to 8 hours and wonder why you got one.

Art
                Art

Comment

More alcohol. Like rdf said, bloody marys work really well. It's a breakfast and a beverage in one
                  Daniel

Comment

Hmm, pickle juice and canned seafood are in that article. Maybe what my dad did, and I continued, really does work. Drinking lots of water before passing out is good, too. But full on exercise the next morning has always been the fastest cure for me...at least pre-injury. Now it's harder to burn the hangover off.
                    Originally posted by Loves2rescue View Post
                    Heres a great article I found online

http://cocktails.about.com/od/health...ngovr_rmdy.htm

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Art454 View Post
                      I thought it was....you asked hang over cures.....don't drink so much fills the bill in my book.

Also a lot of pressure sore's come from drinking to much and you don't give a shit about pressuer relielfs or you pass out in your chair for 6 to 8 hours and wonder why you got one.

Art
                      Thanks for the mini lecture Art Now to bring the thread back to the original topic of how to deal with a hangover once your already have one:

A friend of mine swears by Gatorade, a bowl of cut up fruit, and vitamin B6. Another says putting honey in cup of water or tea and having that along with a bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich works wonders for him. In the past I found watered down orange juice, a can of lukewarm condensed chicken soup, and 3 Advil Liquid gel capsules seemed to help on the rare occasion I have drank too much. However even 2 beers over the course of an evening seems to cause a hangover for me. Lacking access to these items this morning, it got me curious about what others use to deal with a hangover.
                      Last edited by orangejello; 02-10-2010, 07:11 PM.

Comment

I hope you're feeling better OJ. I hate hangovers, they come more easily now that I'm older. Tomorrow you'll be over the hump.

Thanks!

Comment

ice cold Coke.
                          “If everybody's thinking alike, somebody isn't thinking.” Gen. Patton

Comment

im like you OJ i can drink 3 beers and the next day i feel like shit but sorry dont have any answers for you but ill be reading what works lol

Comment

Pills for allergy One at night and one in the morning. Here they are called Zyrtec
                              TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Working...
                              X