thousands of dinasaur tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thousands of dinasaur tracks

found in china. all going the same direction, and made at the same time, to indicate a mass migration of many species. I could not copy the ariticle so if someone wants to google it and paste that would be cool.

Originally posted by jody View Post
    found in china. all going the same direction, and made at the same time, to indicate a mass migration of many species. I could not copy the ariticle so if someone wants to google it and paste that would be cool.
    Thousands of Dinosaur Tracks Discovered in China

By Jennifer Viegas | Tue Feb 9, 2010 12:27 PM ET Over 3,000 dinosaur tracks have been discovered in a gully at Zhucheng, China, according to a recent AFP report.
    I haven't seen any journal studies yet on this find, but it certainly sounds like one of the largest collections of dinosaur tracks ever found. This same site, in the eastern province of Shandong, is also said to have the world's largest grouping of dinosaur fossils.
    According to Wang Haijun, a senior engineer at the Chinese Academy of Sciences, and his team, the recently discovered footprints are more than 100 million years old and range in size from 4 to 32 inches. Haijun believes tryannosaurs were likely represented in the mix.
    I was interested to read that the prints are all facing in the same direction. Where then were all of these dinosaurs going at once?
    Haijun thinks the animals were either migrating or running away from a predator. Paleontologists can usually tell how fast animals move based on the tracks, so I hope future analysis of the tracks can shed more light on them.
    Zhucheng is known as "dinosaur city," due to this and other dinosaur finds. Plans are already in the works to establish a fossil park in the region.
    Each dinosaur species left behind its own unique foot mark. Here are a few examples:

full report
    http://news.discovery.com/dinosaurs/...-in-china.html
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Comment

thank you

Comment

Maybe they were watching a concert.

Comment

im wondering about a impact crater or volcano. they have a lot of earth quakes in that part of the world. maybe they felt a big one, or a flood.

Comment

Maybe they saw Sarah Palin.
            im wondering about a impact crater or volcano. they have a lot of earth quakes in that part of the world. maybe they felt a big one, or a flood.
            Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
            Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
              Maybe they saw Sarah Palin.
              I'd do her
              We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
              Ronald Reagan

Comment

do her all you want, but would you vote for her?

Comment

do her all you want, but would you vote for her?
                  doubt it

edited, but will wait til 2012 and see who makes the most sense
                  Ronald Reagan

Comment

Lmao about the political stampede

Jody maybe a tsunami or something Cataclysmic anything is possible

Pretty interesting I like articles like this .
                    Thank you
                    Gypsylady

Comment

It was 6,000 years ago; they were being chased out of the Garden of Eden. Adam was riding the one in front.

Comment

Maybe they was marching after Wise advocating for clinical trials

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B View Post
                          Maybe they were watching a concert.
                          ~lol~ Damn festival seating!

Thanks for pointing out this story, Jody! Like Gypsy Lady, I love stories like this.
                          It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

global warming, of course!

Comment

I could be something as simple and common as a forest fire to make them all go in the same direction at once.
                              Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X