Creative ways to carry a bouquet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broknwing View Post
    idk if you could alter this idea, but i'm going to carry a "pomander" style boquet for my wedding in Oct...I plan to walk down the aisle with my forearm crutches & tie it on a silk ribbon to hang & move with my steps(yes, it'll take lots of practice but everything will) and then It'll sit on my lap & the ribbon will tie around my waist when I'm in my chair...
    I really must have had my head in the sand...but this is the first time I realized you were getting married! Congrats!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by lurch View Post
      One long stemmed rose in your teeth.
      Swashbuckling!
      and you'll look like a dog..haha
      Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comment

Originally posted by KiranA View Post
        I'm a bridesmaid in my sister's wedding in August and I'm wondering if anyone has neat ideas to carry bouquets, considering I'll be wheeling down the aisle. I was a bridesmaid for my other sister's wedding in 2006, and I found that resting the bouquet on my lap didn't work too well because it was bouncing around a lot. My older sis had the "white dress" ceremony outdoors, as will my younger sister, so the surface I'll be pushing on won't be very smooth.
        Kiran, I was just thinking that you could get a "quiver" that is normally used for holding arrows and put the flowers in the quiver. There of course many quivers and ways of holding them. You can get an antique one that can be worn on the back, i.e.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...x-Carquois.jpg

There are hunting quivers, such as the following:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...065&id=0004449

Here is a archery quiver for target shooting
        http://www.shootingstararchery.com/c...b4d90471e657f4

Comment

You could attach a ribbon to your dress with a safety pin and secure the bouquet to your lap, or in front of your knees. Another option could be to tape or zip tie a small piece of ABS pipe or decorated tube to your chair by your leg and put the bouquet in there while you push.
          Death and taxes

Comment

I actually really like the idea of attaching the bouquet to a ribbon around my waist. It will probably be the most inconspicuous way. I wouldn't want to look too different than the other bridesmaids, but there are some great ideas here!! Thanks everyone!

Comment

I held a bouquet and was pushed by a groomsman as it was outside on bumpy terrain.
              Last edited by leschinsky; 02-19-2010, 09:15 PM.
              Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                Kiran, I was just thinking that you could get a "quiver" that is normally used for holding arrows and put the flowers in the quiver.
                Wise's response has to win the prize for "creative", though!

Very cool quivers.

Comment

Too bad Martha Stewart is not here to chime in, I'm sure she would have some good creative ideas.

Heck if it was me I'd just stuff the flowers in my back pack, that way everyone could have a nice view of them when your up at the alter, typical guy response I guess
                  "Life is about how you
                  respond to not only the
                  challenges you're dealt but
                  the challenges you seek...If
                  you have no goals, no
                  mountains to climb, your
                  soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

A similar one was made for me as a wrist corsage and I pushed myself.

Comment

Just have the florist make your bouquet in such a way that one side is fairly flat. I've been in about 5 wedding parties and always just put it in my lap. Just make sure you're holding the nice side for pictures.
                      Oh and make sure there is extra waterproofing around the stems.... a wet mark on the lap is never nice .. esp in bridesmaid silks and chiffons!

Comment

Working...
                      X