No announcement yet.

parenting discipline question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, thx, love this picture...only he's 17 now...

btw, that's an accessible playground in a Cerritos, CA park, if anybody is interested. near the Cerritos Center for Performing Arts. i used to live few blocks from there.
    Last edited by cass; 02-08-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

very nice pic
      My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by cass View Post
        yeah, thx, love this picture...only he's 17 now...
        Well, it tells a thousand stories. You've every right to be very proud, but your humble way is telling. Obviously a powerful force. Congrats on your success, I can't imagine doing everything you have. I shall try to be more appreciative and complain less about my lot in life. Thanks for being someone to look up to, wishing you continued success.
        get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Originally posted by cass View Post
          well, at 2, i would corner my son with my chair and keep him there until he got on my lap. then i would take him to my bedroom (no toys) and make him stay until he calmed down. he learned very quickly to get on my lap when i told him to as he didn't like being cornered.

but i am the mom, not the aunt, so i don't know if this would work. i guess it depends on how much he's around you.

Sorry don't mean to derail the thread but I couldn't let this go .... cass ... this pic left me breathless ....... one of those rare moments captured ... priceless ...

Obie
          ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
          Jane Siberry

Comment

hi everyone I'm sorry it's taken me a while to respond. I've had to make a trip to my Dr out of town and didn't bring my computer. I've also been very busy.

I want to thank everyone again for there help. I need to start putting of these things into practice.

My nephews mother is my sister and they both live at home with me and my parents. There really isn't any way to child-proof the whole house because of my wc. I have my way of how i would like raise a child and she has hers. we don't always agree so it's hard to get him to listen when i want all the time when sometimes she agrees and sometimes she doesn't.

I will have to work on him touching my chair buttons.

Liz I'm impressed with you making the kids lay still while changing them!!

thanks again

Comment

Toddlers are tough! I have a spirited 2 year old also
              I feel for you, I just try to be consistant.(and try not to beat him LOL)
              Reinforcing the time out and doing things like no dessert. But I make him sit at the table with the rest of us eating ice cream and I tell him, you dont get any because you spit on your brother.
              He screams and carries on, but it seems to work
              Good Luck

Comment

yeah it's hard to be consistant when his mother isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by bailey5774 View Post
                  hi everyone I'm sorry it's taken me a while to respond. I've had to make a trip to my Dr out of town and didn't bring my computer. I've also been very busy.

I want to thank everyone again for there help. I need to start putting of these things into practice.

My nephews mother is my sister and they both live at home with me and my parents. There really isn't any way to child-proof the whole house because of my wc. I have my way of how i would like raise a child and she has hers. we don't always agree so it's hard to get him to listen when i want all the time when sometimes she agrees and sometimes she doesn't.

I will have to work on him touching my chair buttons.

Liz I'm impressed with you making the kids lay still while changing them!!

thanks again
                  They just do it on their own. They're smart and patient. It's other influences which screw us.
                  Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Working...
                  X