Ground Hog Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gypsylady View Post
    I was rolling around in my yard checking my GroundHog traps and here is something but he wasnt too tasty
    I have eaten a lot of game animals over the years, and groundhog is the only one that got a big "yuk." I never tried it a second time. From a taste standpoint, you may have gotten a groundhog. lol
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Comment

Hamster.
      Originally posted by gypsylady View Post
      I was rolling around in my yard checking my GroundHog traps and here is something but he wasnt too tasty
      Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

I suspect that if you came to the table with an open mind, the ground hog you tasted was either old or improperly prepared.
        Originally posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
        I have eaten a lot of game animals over the years, and groundhog is the only one that got a big "yuk." I never tried it a second time. From a taste standpoint, you may have gotten a groundhog. lol
        Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Teena , peta thought it was wrong to wake him up. Those idiots wanted to use a robot instead.
          oh well

Comment

Try a couple young ones.

[QUOTE=Foolish Old;1162122]I suspect that if you came to the table with an open mind, the ground hog you tasted was either old or improperly prepared.[/QUOT

Soak alnight in salt water. Preboil. roll in flour, and fry in bacon grease. Thats how its done hillbilly style. yum yum.

Comment

You can pressure cook the old ones, but the young ones are better. All the groundhogs I have eaten had a diet of fresh organic garden vegetables. Not everybody will consider the taste of a properly cooked groundhog to be a delicacy, but few with an unprejudiced palette will think of it as "yuk". There is a statue in WV honoring the groundhog for keeping the hillbilly alive during hard times. [QUOTE=jerryblt06;1162179]
              Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
              I suspect that if you came to the table with an open mind, the ground hog you tasted was either old or improperly prepared.[/QUOT

Soak alnight in salt water. Preboil. roll in flour, and fry in bacon grease. Thats how its done hillbilly style. yum yum.
              Foolish

Comment

I always made it like beef stew. It was great nice sweet taste to it.
                oh well

Comment

I think the lil bugger was more like a pork pot roast in my crock pot lmao

Comment

Working...
                  X