No announcement yet.

Dingo is ill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Dingo is ill. I have a cat that is 16years old and beginning to show her age so I know what the fear of loss is like. But only five years?

Vet medicine has come a long way, so perhaps he can be helped by some blood transfusions. They are our babies and our friends. Hoping superdog can get better.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

Betheny, I hope Dingo is okay, and just a misread of the platelets or something fixable. So young to be sick. Sometimes giving fluids at home and other meds can help keep them going for long periods of time, even when they are sick.. I sure know how important our furfriends are in our lives..(((Dingo)))

Comment

mend quick!!
        Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
          My longest-term friend buried her son 2 weeks ago. I feel like a baby, whining over Dingo, but dayyum. DeadEye, I'm happy you've had 14.5 years of loyal friendship, but they die too soon, don't they?
          Yes, I've been fortunate to have a best friend for that long. He went everywhere with me except work and errands. He'd jump up on the lift as soon as it started down and into the van, waiting on me, when was younger. Later, I'd have to let the lift down some so he could jump on. And finally, all the way to the ground, he'd step on and ride it almost to the top; before jumping in. If someone was sitting in his seat, the passenger seat, he'd get pissed. He was a persnickety little shit, still is. He'll die soon, and when he does, I hope he's doing something he loved, eating, barking at the mailman/UPS guy, or pissing at my van tires. Rarely could get his leg up high enough to actually piss on them.

Betheny, I hope Dingo hangs in there for as long as he's comfortable. Enjoy the time you have and hold him close.
          "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Betheny, I'm so sorry to hear about your companion's medical problems. Life is very fragile indeed.
            Daniel

Comment

Hi Betheny - did'nt want to bug you, but have been wondering how your puppy is doing.

Comment

I took him for another opinion on Wed, just before the ice storm. Unfortch, the new vet concurred. He said Vet #1 was doing just what he would do. Vet # 1 called Thurs, she conferred w/ a colleague, they added a chemo drug to the prednisone and doxycycline. My poor pup. He's drinking huge amounts of water, has no energy, really isn't himself.

I need to call Vet #1 to see when she wants to repeat his cbc. His platelets had dropped even further as of last Wed.

Thanks for asking.
                Blog:
                Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Just seeing this...damn, you need a friggin break...sending hugs and hoping his energy returns and the drugs will work miracles...looking forward to having lunch come spring time...Stay warm friend...

Comment

Betheny,

Thinking bout you and your buddy, Dingo, cute little fellow that he is.

Comment

Dingo is so cute.

Comment

beth this has been ringing a distant bell for me. Has he gotten into mouse or rat poison? Is there any way he could have eaten a poisoned rodent? If so, there is a way to treat it. It took too long to figure it out for my dogs, but some years ago there was a rash of dog poisonings in pine valley california. the person was slicing open hot dogs and filling with pest be gone. they never found out who did it, but once the poison was identified some of the dogs in the neighborhood were able to be treated. both my dogs had no platelets, as well as every dog who had gotten the poisoned treats. same with cats in my neighborhood in pa. the treatment included transfusions.

Comment

Jody, I've racked my brain and I don't think so...good thinking though. The colleague vet # 1 consulted said he'd been seeing this, which is extremely odd for an autoimmune disease imo...kinda makes a pattern like poison seem more probable than the disease theory. Every yard around me has dogs, all healthy to my knowledge. Dingo no longer escapes into other yards, which he used to. To steal toys LOL.

Oh, and may the hotdog poisoning bastard rot in hell. That's heartbreaking, for somebody to do that to your pets.
                          Blog:
                          Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

still lots of prayers for dingo and your family. I blew a kiss to dingo all the way from s.c. ariving soon.

Comment

Feeling for you, Brthney & deadeye. I know how we feel about our babies. I went through a lot just so I could keep Fuzzy and Scooter. I have had fuzzy since she was just weaned. She is working on her 13th year. She still runs and plays jumps around. And never fails to come for a hug as soon as I sit on the bed at night, And there as soon as my feet hit the floor. And I try not to think about what lies ahead.
                              I hope Dingo gets better.

Comment

If there is any possibility of him having been poisoned, he needs vitamin K and lots of it. Not oral from the store, but injected by the vet.

I believe it cannot hurt - If there's any possibility this is the problem, I'd ask them to try the vit K.

I'm so sorry everyone, whose pups are sick. We lost my two older dogs last year, one was my dog of a lifetime. Dogs truly are shortchanged on their lifespans. Dogs are the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X