Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sad, man kills woman in wheelchair

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/41462...tml?source=rss

"A White Center man was charged with first-degree manslaughter in the death of his muscular dystrophy-stricken girlfriend has been sentenced to an eight-year prison term.
    Peter E. Gullberg, 43, pleaded guilty to the charge in November, admitting to striking the woman during an argument.
    Gullberg called 911 in April 2008 to report that his girlfriend, Stephanie Campeau, wasn't breathing at their 14th Avenue Southwest home. He told sheriff's deputies that he had struck her on both sides of the head with his hands during an argument, court documents say."

8 yrs. bet he's out in 2. bet she felt she needed him to help her. sad situation.

I hope he gets a big, thick, veiny cellmate.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
      I hope he gets a big, thick, veiny cellmate.
      yeah. manslaughter. seems like it should be worse.

Comment

just not good to have to rely on the spouse or s/o for all care. too much stress. I wonder if that is his only documented domestic incident? doubt it. he had to have hit her very hard.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
          just not good to have to rely on the spouse or s/o for all care. too much stress. I wonder if that is his only documented domestic incident? doubt it. he had to have hit her very hard.
          i think the article says it isn't first time. "Gullberg, who had no prior convictions but had been arrested before on suspicion of assaulting Campeau, was sentenced Friday by King County Superior Court Judge Michael Fox."

this story has been heard over and over here. dis person (usually f) takes abuse out of fear of no care/help. when will we provide adequate resources as a right??
          Last edited by cass; 25 Jan 2010, 11:26 PM.

Comment

yes, you are right about resources. there are recources for abused women though. I found a lot for abused people when I was homeless. they would have helped me with an apartment, transportation, job training, food if I had said I was leaving an abusive situation. my friends got mad that I did not. My mother would not leave her abusive situation. some women do not want to be without the other even if it is abusive, and there is an easy way out. I had a neighbor I tried to help once. I did not offer, she came to my door with police and asked to stay with her babies. I let her. she ended up beating the crap out of me to prove to her man I was meddling. that was when I was ab. the same amost happened again when a neighbor years later ran over to my house and asked me to keep her cat until her roommate/girlfriend calmed down. I gave her numbers to a shelter, and agreed to take the cat for a few days. the abuser saw the cat in my window, and it was amost dejavu.

Comment

i hear ya. and nobody need wonder why LEOs hate dom violence calls. but, damn, this woman needed help and, guessing, thought bf was it.

Comment

That's horrible! Only 8 years for killing someone. They get more for drug trafficing.
                Poor women. It probably did more than hit her.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
                  Only 8 years for killing someone. They get more for drug trafficing.
                  That's another sad situation. So many people are imprisoned
                  for drug crimes and the government can't protect society from
                  those who really need to be locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona~on~wheels View Post
                    That's horrible! Only 8 years for killing someone. They get more for drug trafficing.
                    Poor women. It probably did more than hit her.
                    That's why. We put people in prison for longer terms for doing stupid shit, while allowing murderers and child molesters go free.

Comment

Sad, and infuriating that he only got eight years. It is like a slap on the wrist and nothing more. Women are always at greatest risk from partners instead of strangers, but when it is a disabled woman there is often little she can do to protect herself. He should have gotten a very long sentence to serve as a lesson to others (plus it is deserved).

Comment

If it were up to me I would release all those incarcerated for "victimless crimes". That should free up some jail space for those who think it's macho to beat up on their spouses or children(and many other crimes). Then for a deterrent, have around-the-clock uncensored documentaries displaying all stages of their initiation into their new environment.

Comment

Killers of kids get lighter sentences, so why not the crippled and defenceless? The law is backwards, we should be just as valuable to society as any other being, as kids should too! It's a crying shame what the judicial system hands out as punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by doingtimeonmyass View Post
                            Then for a deterrent, have around-the-clock uncensored documentaries displaying all stages of their initiation into their new environment.
                            hehe, reality TV on a whole different level, good idea.
                            get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Working...
                            X