No announcement yet.

Is living in Florida all that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The temp here in St Lucie county is 77 with overcast clouds but a lovely breeze blowing. All the sliders are open and I am in a sundress, ya can't beat that. I am getting ready to brew a cuppa tea and go out on the deck for some meditation and bird watching. I love my home and this state, they'd have to drag me out kicking n screaming. As we say down this way, " I've got the sand in my shoes."

If anyone is ever in this neck of the woods I'd love to meet ya and that is a standing invite,
    Pam

Comment

I agree with the Princess. I live in Fort Myers and we have the same weather. It's hot in the summer but that's better (to me) than being cold in January. Florida is mostly great (have to avoid hurricanes once in a while). Besides, we have good football teams. Just not as good as Alabama, this year anyway.
      2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

I don't enjoy hot or cold temps (mid 60's is perfect) but can function much better when it's cold. Once the outside temp reaches 85 I literally burn up from the inside out after only a couple hours of outside activity. I drink plenty of fluids and attempt to cool off with a spray bottle, but there's no substitution for my inability to sweat.

At least when it's cold out I can always wear layers to stay warm. Not so when it's hot...

Comment

I'm willing to bet that your hottest days far surpass our annual high, But we have a lot of days you wouldn't like. Sixties is normal for our nightly lows in the winter.
          Originally posted by LooseCannon View Post
          I don't enjoy hot or cold temps (mid 60's is perfect) but can function much better when it's cold. Once the outside temp reaches 85 I literally burn up from the inside out after only a couple hours of outside activity. I drink plenty of fluids and attempt to cool off with a spray bottle, but there's no substitution for my inability to sweat.

At least when it's cold out I can always wear layers to stay warm. Not so when it's hot...
          Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Originally posted by Foolish Old View Post
            I'm willing to bet that your hottest days far surpass our annual high, But we have a lot of days you wouldn't like. Sixties is normal for our nightly lows in the winter.
            The humidity is the killer. In South Central Pennsylvania we rarely see high temps (I usually only run my AC 1 - 2 weeks out of the year) but the humidity makes it feel 10 - 15 degrees warmer.

Comment

You have me remembering those warm Florida nights in the Keys. FO you live in paradise.

Comment

Where else would a fool reside? Love my ocean breezes.
                Originally posted by Van Quad View Post
                You have me remembering those warm Florida nights in the Keys. FO you live in paradise.
                Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

It is mostly paradise from november until april,
                  but in summer it's more like the inferno,
                  with mosquitoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashbang View Post
                    with mosquitoes.
                    I thought the trade winds would keep the Keys reasonably comfortable. I lasted until June 10th in Lakeland one year. It was unbearable.

Comment

I disagree on both counts in regards to the Keys. Check the climatology records and the mosquito control reports.
                      Originally posted by Crashbang View Post
                      with mosquitoes.
                      Foolish

Comment

I thought the trade winds would keep the Keys reasonably comfortable. I lasted until June 10th in Lakeland one year. It was unbearable.
                        This is what I meant when I wrote above "Florida isn't the same all over".Lakeland is 20 miles inland from the Gulf.The climate is totally different than near either coast.

If you live just 4 miles inland from my home you'll experience average temps. up to 10 degrees hotter in the summer and 10 degrees colder in the winter months.Not to mention the almost constant ocean breezes will make even those 90 degree days almost bearable.

As far as bugs being a problem,I see fewer here in FL than in L.I. NY. I guess those same breezes discourage the flying bugs and the geckos eat the crawling ones.

Comment

Working...
                        X