No announcement yet.

Dogs have owners, Cats have STAFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just when you thought a "cure" was at hand...

Comment

Today's ultra-funny Cheezburger kitty:

It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Comment

Originally posted by sjean423 View Post
        Jody, she is the spitting image of my cat! Except I can;t keep her off the counters. She has learned "No counters" means only if I am around. If I am not in the room, they are fair game.
        put some baby oil on your counters for the night. they hate icky feet. after one or two times not one as returned to the counters. not even when I am not looking. a few strips of tape sticky side up may work too. oil is a sure thing though.

Comment

Jody, thanks! I will try that.
          T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

you have to do the whole counter. it is a pain, but it is worth the lesson t the cats. then you are going to need some help getting the oil off. little dawn and little borax. or lemon juice dawn and baking soda. cats do not like citrus by the way, there is a motion activated device with citrus in it that can spray em too. that is way cool, and no oily counters.

Comment

I must be the most permissive cat mom ever. I gave up years ago trying to keep them off counters, as I had the feeling I was getting too exasperated and the cats merely found my barking orders amusing. They won. At least they are very shy around company and usually hide under the bed, so I rarely have a witness to their claim to any inch they desire. I do wash down the countertop constantly, but I have at least a few friends who would probably do the "eww, yuck" thing if they were to see them stretched out in all their glory on the counters!

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
                I must be the most permissive cat mom ever. I gave up years ago trying to keep them off counters, as I had the feeling I was getting too exasperated and the cats merely found my barking orders amusing. They won. At least they are very shy around company and usually hide under the bed, so I rarely have a witness to their claim to any inch they desire. I do wash down the countertop constantly, but I have at least a few friends who would probably do the "eww, yuck" thing if they were to see them stretched out in all their glory on the counters!
                My oldest cat used to jump up on the counters, but as he's aged and arthritis has set in, it has become a non-issue. My youger cat (who has the physical ability to jump up there), thankfully, has never gotten into the habit!
                "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

Years ago, when we had 2 cats, and a new puppy, we started to feed the cats on the counter. I actually somehow ended up with a cat who knew he was only allowed on on 2 foot section of space!

This time around we feed the cats under the table. Feeding time involves a reacher to get the old late out, and then it is a bit like curling except without the ice!

I think the counter problem may be eclipsed by the indoor/outdoor cat question. The weather has been beautiful the last couple of days, and they keep trying to come out when I go. So far (we just got them in the fall) they have been only indoors.
                  T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Make your cat brood a game from the 1980's

It's not wack a mole it is whack-a- kitty in the box.

Dude the one in the bottom left corner ESCAPED!

Comment

Umm... am I the only one that finds that disburbing?

Comment

Just don't panic

TAM63- Just trying to keep it light heart-ed, not mean spirited. I do not condone clubbing your precious felines, but really jump on the PANIC CAT-A- STROPHIC concern (did the velocity of the baton disturb you)?

Here are a few of some tub time

Comment

Stalking from the blind side

I can almost hear the moans and hissing, meow!

Comment

Genetic Cloning

Comment

LOL now the tub is hilarious. We keep threatening my cat (who loves the tub) with a jacuzzi.

Re. the kittens in the box - the video plays a little slow, but I could indeed see they weren't hitting the kittens hard or hurting them. Still, I guess I believe the little things would feel trapped, and scared/distressed. So while I kinda get the humor, I'm afraid I still didn't really like to see it. But I'm a major animal softy.

Wasn't thinking anything bad about you personally

Comment

The cloning pic is just too funny!

Sjean, Jody..great pics..
                                Last edited by med100; 23 Mar 2010, 8:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X