What to do with old cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with old cushions

Make cat beds. They fight over the ride forward, they love the memory foam. This is why the white kitty is angry. He doesn't care for the J2 gel.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

LOL .... my cats are afraid of my roho .... guess it is the moon-walk effect?

(probably just as well .... considering they have claws!)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

I was cleaning out my closet and set those on the table. Next thing you know the table is a giant cat bed. Ever since I got the dog the cats think it is okay to get on the table to get away from her.
      If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Comment

My cats love my tempuric mattress. And if I am in bed one is in my bed and the other one in my chair.
        TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Thats so cute! I was thinking about a pet bed as I was opening this. Animal lovers are the best <3

Comment

I wonder if the Cats claws could punction the Jay gel cushion? Not talking about the old one as it doesnt matter but one that is being used? Never really thought about that much, maybe the membrane is too thick.
            "Life is about how you
            respond to not only the
            challenges you're dealt but
            the challenges you seek...If
            you have no goals, no
            mountains to climb, your
            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
              I wonder if the Cats claws could punction the Jay gel cushion? Not talking about the old one as it doesnt matter but one that is being used? Never really thought about that much, maybe the membrane is too thick.
              How long does the Jay gel stay viable? Anyone know? I'm trying to think how long I've had a Jay I use, and I swear it must be 8 or 9 years...is this normal? Does the gel break down?
              Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
              Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

I'd send this to the cushion co.
                It's amazing!
                Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                  How long does the Jay gel stay viable? Anyone know? I'm trying to think how long I've had a Jay I use, and I swear it must be 8 or 9 years...is this normal? Does the gel break down?
                  I think they will last however long if you take care of them. My first Jay cushion lasted about 8 years, it got a hole and once ya get a hole ya have to trash em.
                  A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by addiesue View Post
                    I was cleaning out my closet and set those on the table. Next thing you know the table is a giant cat bed. Ever since I got the dog the cats think it is okay to get on the table to get away from her.
                    Years ago, we fed out cat on the counter, to keep the food from the dog. That cat actually knew he was only allowed on the very end section of the counter, and never went further (that I knew of, LOL).

So far, the kittens we have now aren't being allowed up there. (The key words here are that they are not allowed to go on the counter or table, not that they don;t go up there anyway! LOL)
                    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Mine never thought about going up there until I got the dog.

I had the jay cushion for 2 years. The gel is still okay but it seems like there's less than when I got it. It wasn't supporting me well anymore. There's no holes so I don't know where it went but it got very uncomfortable, or so my leg spasms told me. The cats never punctured it but they use my tires as scratching poles. I don't know why. I think they are smart enough that they don't claw their comfy beds. The sleep in my chiar when I get out of it quite often.

There is definite preference for the Ride designs cushion though. That white one will go behind the plant and tap the grey one until she gets annoyed and gets up. Maybe I should put my current cushion, a stimulite, up there and see what they prefer then. Forget mapping, let the cat decide.

Sjean my cats are forced to eat on the washing machine now. They hate the spin cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by addiesue View Post
                        Mine never thought about going up there until I got the dog.

I had the jay cushion for 2 years. The gel is still okay but it seems like there's less than when I got it. It wasn't supporting me well anymore. There's no holes so I don't know where it went but it got very uncomfortable, or so my leg spasms told me. The cats never punctured it but they use my tires as scratching poles. I don't know why. I think they are smart enough that they don't claw their comfy beds. The sleep in my chiar when I get out of it quite often.

There is definite preference for the Ride designs cushion though. That white one will go behind the plant and tap the grey one until she gets annoyed and gets up. Maybe I should put my current cushion, a stimulite, up there and see what they prefer then. Forget mapping, let the cat decide.

Sjean my cats are forced to eat on the washing machine now. They hate the spin cycle.
                        Mine seldom sleep in my chair, if I am not in it, they are usually on top of me instead ....

We have been feeding the cats under the kitchen chairs. I think they are learning to eat up fast, b/c the dog CAN get to the food there, but will leave it alone until no one is looking.
                        Last edited by sjean423; 9 Jan 2010, 9:47 PM.
                        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

mine fight over the wchr.

Comment

The funny thing is mine have no fear of the wheels. And I have rolled over them several times. They will go back and forth under the chair, just like cats typically wind around peoples ankles.

What I really need is a Kitten-catcher for the front of the chair. Kind of like the Cow-catchers that were on old fashioned trains.
                            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Mine weave in and out too. They also use it as an escape hatch. When I want to keep them in but open the door for the dog or to go get the mail or something they know to go under me and right between the wheel and caster to get out.

Somewhere I have a video of the white cat going around the house in my lap. He loves it. He will even put his paw out to try to stop me sometimes. He's quite funny.
                              When the white one was smaller he wouldn't budge. I could roll over him and straddle him and he would know to lay still. Now if I come anywhere near the dog she almost hurts herself trying to get out of the way, even if she doesn't have to.

Comment

Working...
                              X