Virgin Mary Apparition in Cairo Egypt 12 & 16 Dec 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rdf ... definitely not directed at you ... just a general comment

... but thanks for stepping up to the plate to explain ... you're one of my favourites!

I wish more people from different cultures would feel included enough to participate and have access to CareCure, actually.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by rdf View Post
      This whole thread is a mockery of what I believe in. I've been gentle, and have posted with the best of intentions, humor-wise.

This is what is probably more in line with the actual truth, and it's along the lines of what I've believed for a long time. The actions of sub-atomic particles is what is miraculous, in the non-religious sense of the word.
      Biocentrism

I did hear that she was going to throw the moon at the Earth on Dec 21 2012, from a true believer of Christ, no less. Also, America isn't psychologically different than other areas of the world by not believing in the appearance of the Virgin, on the contrary, we hear about it all the time in America, and many Americans fervently believe in miracles and the good mother's appearances. These people get solace and comfort from what they believe, many need this reassurance, so it's not something that is missing in America, as drnader implies to an extent.

I tend to believe that we create the world, the world hasn't created us. We create space and time, it is a construct of our minds.

Well said, sir!

And Lynnifer, as always, respect to you for your even-handedness.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Type Français View Post
        The book of the disciples? Where is this book? I've never heard of such a document. Did Joseph simply jerk off their entire marriage? Would it be that bad to imagine Mary, Jesus' mother, enjoying an orgasm with her husband? She was human for God's sake.
        I thought jesus had brothers(andrew). and I remember reading that god only demanded she be untouched until after jesus was born.

Comment

whoever this poster is, even i know history says jesus had siblings. the bible does not dispute this. in fact, the bible says he did.

ref: Matthew 12:46, Luke 8:19, and Mark 3:31 say that Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see Him. The Bible tells us that Jesus had four brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55). The Bible also tells us that Jesus had sisters, but they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:56). In John 7:1-10, His brothers go on to the festival while Jesus stays behind.

just sayin. not big religious person at all. in fact, not sure what i believe in. i do believe in history.
          Last edited by cass; 28 Dec 2009, 1:40 AM.

Comment

name contest

the winner gets to be the winner. this little kitty is the runt. she has no meow, but only a sort of gasp. if she could meow she would be very vocal. She is sweet tempered, and smart. while I was homeless my cats stayed with friends who had lots of cats, including a pregnant one. I was able to find homes for most of the kittens including this one, but her new owner did not pick her up so she went the 12 hour drive to south carolina.

Comment

beautiful! i'd have taken her!

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
                I thought jesus had brothers(andrew). and I remember reading that god only demanded she be untouched until after jesus was born.
                To be honest, I forgot whether the Bible states God made such a demand or not. If I remember correctly, Joseph left Mary believing her to be unfaithful and God intervened, and Joseph understood she was carrying the Son of God.

Comment

the siblings came later. really, ltf, pull out your bible! i don't know it well at all...but geez, remember that much from church school prob cause it confused me

Comment

Originally posted by cass View Post
                    the siblings came later. really, ltf, pull out your bible! i don't know it well at all...but geez, remember that much from church school prob cause it confused me
                    Obviously, I knew the siblings came later. She wasn't pregnant with God's and Joseph's babies at the same time. I said I didn't remember if the Bible explicitly states whether God made a demand to Joseph not to have sex with her until after Jesus' birth.

Comment

Obviously, I knew the siblings came later. She wasn't pregnant with God's and Joseph's babies at the same time. I said I didn't remember if the Bible explicitly states whether God made a demand to Joseph not to have sex with her until after Jesus' birth.
                      oops, sorry. i doubt the bible said that, but then, i believe the bible was written by fallible men (the fallible women were excluded, so we are told ). well, the debate goes on.

even greek mythology has an adam and eve story...pandora's box and what went on before. not a lot different. except...jesus. buddhism teaches same tenets as christianity...without jesus.

i don't know who's right. not willing to kill for it.

Comment

The book of the disciples? Where is this book? I've never heard of such a document. Did Joseph simply jerk off their entire marriage? Would it be that bad to imagine Mary, Jesus' mother, enjoying an orgasm with her husband? She was human for God's sake.
                        It is the book of "Acts" in the new testament. But I don't know where exactly, my mistake!
                        and why bother ourselves so much about Mary's sexuality; isn't it just strange from your part as we never heard the word NUN before.
                        Last edited by drnader; 29 Dec 2009, 5:01 PM.

Comment

whoever this poster is, even i know history says jesus had siblings. the bible does not dispute this. in fact, the bible says he did.

ref: Matthew 12:46, Luke 8:19, and Mark 3:31 say that Jesus’ mother and brothers came to see Him. The Bible tells us that Jesus had four brothers: James, Joseph, Simon, and Judas (Matthew 13:55). The Bible also tells us that Jesus had sisters, but they are not named or numbered (Matthew 13:56). In John 7:1-10, His brothers go on to the festival while Jesus stays behind.

just sayin. not big religious person at all. in fact, not sure what i believe in. i do believe in history.
                          I think in the Israeli and Mediterranean traditions; the cousins of a man are considered to be his brothers & sisters. I think they are the sons & daughters of Virgin's Mary sister.
                          It is all about the concept of the family in Eastern traditions...

Comment

and if Jesus had brothers in the flesh, where were they when he was caught, prosecuted and crucified on the cross?! I think a blood-brother would have surely been there.

And it is said in John 7:5 "For even his brethren did not believe on him.". Also I think (and I am not the man who knows the scripture well to make such proofs) that blood-brethren should have believed in him for what they mother has told them of his miraculous birth and life and what was written in the scripture.
                            Moreover; when did Mary gave birth to all these children and why not he had stayed with them, and how come he preferred the disciples over them??

Comment

But the ortodox church has more gospels then the catholics and the rest of us. They have a bigger Bible. That is why the church devided in Constantinopolis to the catholic and the orthodox church.
                              LOL, don't people learn anything on school ;o)

OK, I am cheating, I know because my husband was a a greek orthodox and his father was catholic and he told me the difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_Church
                              TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
                                But the ortodox church has more gospels then the catholics and the rest of us. They have a bigger Bible. That is why the church devided in Constantinopolis to the catholic and the orthodox church.
                                LOL, don't people learn anything on school ;o)

OK, I am cheating, I know because my husband was a a greek orthodox and his father was catholic and he told me the difference.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthodox_Church
                                Orthodox church rocks yeah!!
                                You know the Coptic Orthodox Church and the Greek Orthodox church are sister churches!

Comment

Working...
                                X