No announcement yet.

First Major Case Settled!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is totall awesome Kristi! I am betting other public venues are doing double takes on their "disability provisions" and seeing if they stack up! Thanks so much for your hard work and persistence!
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Comment

Hee, what a great story, congrats!

My pet peeve is the disabled seating in most movie theatre multiplexes, near the screen and next to the speakers. I would love to sit at the very back, like before.

Comment

Originally posted by flicka View Post
        Never, never call this girl a 'fire hazard'!

I was declared a 'fire hazard' once...then I learned the law!
        You guys are blowing this all out of proportions! This poor guy was just so nervous. He was just trying to say Kristi was hot, and just screwed it up sooooo bad.
        I've had the samething told to me ( a fire hazard, not being hot). It was pre-ADA, so I couldn't do much.
        I also like the title, it implies this won't be the last. Go Get them Kristi.
        Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

Originally posted by wheeliecoach View Post
          That is totall awesome Kristi! I am betting other public venues are doing double takes on their "disability provisions" and seeing if they stack up! Thanks so much for your hard work and persistence!
          I am hoping that since the HOB is a nationwide venue that ALL of them take notice and adapt accordingly. I'm sure they do not want another lawsuit. The lawyer going against the AAG was clear out in California and part of Live Nation. They obviously have some big wig lawyers and that's probably why it took five years for a settlement.

There are places that make an effort and then there are places that don't. I always make it a point to write a thank you letter to those places that have been more than accommodating. Especially the extremely old buildings that do not have to meet code requirements. Sometimes they are 10 times better than new buildings.

And Mike -- you are a funny funny man. No it won't be my last. They want to build an event center here (dad says the taxpayers will never go for it), but I read they want to use the SAME architect that I currently am going up against in my DOJ case. I need to get down there and look at the plans and see where they are putting accessible seating.
          "Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today." ~ James Dean
          http://www.kristi-allen.com

Comment

Wow, that work looks like it paid off.

Glad there are people like you, I would have not done anything.

Comment

Working...
            X