No announcement yet.

Official Weather thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally stopped raining....cold dry and a crisp day....

Comment

No words necessary .......

Obie

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/JOYCEH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
      ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
      Jane Siberry

Comment

[QUOTE=Obieone;1134594]No words necessary .......

Obie

Well Obie we can both take solace in the fact spring will come. Eventually lol.

6 am and -32 out on my patio. Sigh. But I do live here by choice, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
          San Diego 7 day forecast:

Overnight: Rain. Low around 53. South wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Sunday: Showers likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 61. West wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 62. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 66.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 49.

Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 69.

Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 50.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 71.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 49.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 70.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 69.

(KLD)
          can i come live with you? i won't be any trouble at all i promise. last night it got down to -45 *c i had to wake up and start my truck every two hours do to the fact that i can't plug it in case the collage i live at right now limits how long the power stays on for, its 10 min on 25 off which when its this cold dose nothing. i wish i had a diesel truck right now with six inch straight pipes so i could let it rattle all night long on high idle just to be a dick lol and the -45 was with out the wind factor to
          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Comment

89 big puffy white clouds, slight breeze, warm enough for AC.

Comment

I would give nothing to be in Canada right now, brr. How do you guys do it? Ahh!

It's in the low 30's here with sleet off & on. I'm frozen solid!

Raarr Dave! I need one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by quad79 View Post
                I would give nothing to be in Canada right now, brr. How do you guys do it? Ahh!

It's in the low 30's here with sleet off & on. I'm frozen solid!

Raarr Dave! I need one of those.
                Where I am live it won't stay like this long. The weather is supposed to be nice and back above freezing by Thursday. I suppose that is how I do it. Although sitting at -30 degrees right now and not having seen the sun in the pitch white sky for 4 days now, I admit its hard to believe warm weather is on it's way lol.

I am pretty cold though, even under a mound of blankets. And I haven't been able to go out to Starbucks or school in over a week. It sucks

Comment

It's been below freezing here for a week. A pipe burst in my attic last Thursday and flooded my office and basement. Demolition crew is here today ripping out walls, floors and ceilings. A major disaster, especially in the middle of final exams. I'm a wee bit stressed out!

Comment

Warmed up to 35F
                    Freezing rain all day.
                    The ground is solid ice.
                    No wheelchairs outside and I have a meeting with the County Commissioners tomorrow.
                    Damn
                    C 5/6 Comp.
                    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by orangejello View Post
                      I am pretty cold though, even under a mound of blankets.
                      I'm in a mound too- 5 to be exact & my poor legs are still frozen. I can't get comfortable even with my head covered. I think I get more miserable each winter. Moving further south has gotten to be more of a priority on my list.

Comment

Our two weeks of winter are just about over, Christmas lights in the palm trees. Fifteen miles from here on Mt. Charelston above 7000 feet they had 16"n of snow yesterday.

Forecast for Las Vegas, NV
                        10-Day Forecast

NEW: Larger Radar Maps & No Ads

High /
                        Low (°F) Precip. %
                        Tonight
                        Dec 13 Clear 38° 0 %
                        Mon
                        Dec 14 Sunny 54°/39° 0 %
                        Tue
                        Dec 15 Cloudy 51°/38° 0 %
                        Wed
                        Dec 16 Mostly Cloudy 58°/40° 0 %
                        Thu
                        Dec 17 Partly Cloudy 59°/38° 0 %
                        Fri
                        Dec 18 Mostly Sunny 57°/39° 0 %
                        Sat
                        Dec 19 Partly Cloudy 56°/38° 0 %
                        Sun
                        Dec 20 Partly Cloudy 60°/38° 0 %
                        Mon
                        Dec 21 Partly Cloudy 57°/36° 0 %
                        Tue
                        Dec 22 Cloudy 56°/39° 0 %
                        Last Updated Dec 13 02:06 p.m. PT
                        ^^(A)^^

Comment

Here in Southern Arkansas, I can't really complain about the weather, and yet I do. Little or no winter snow or ice. 50 degrees today, 60 tomorrow, but then turning cold--- 40's rest of the week. This has been a warmer season so far, but not expectng it to continue or set any recoreds. I would love to be a "resident visitor" with Hipcrip from Dec. thru Feb. Hats off to all of you North of the Mason-Dixon line.

Comment

Today in Boston it was about 42 degrees, but with a cold rain. Still better than yesterday's 22 degrees!

Comment

We had high 30s with rain and freezing rain. I was really whining about it until I read about OJ;s weather.

OJ, and Quad79 .... I got badly chilled going out on Friday, when it was very cold (20F and windy). When I got home, I took this sock filled with rice that I microwave for my shoulder pain, and alternated putting it on my neck, and on my lower back. Even though my lower back is below my sensation level, it seems to "feel" cold. And the heat there helps.

It made me feel a lot warmer. (I have just ordered a 9X12 microwave pad for future use!)

Perhaps some heat on your neck?
                              Last edited by sjean423; 14 Dec 2009, 3:48 PM.
                              T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Obieone View Post
                                No words necessary .......

Obie

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/JOYCEH%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

ewww!
                                Injured:10-16-04
                                C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
                                Blog:
                                http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
                                Facebook:
                                http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
                                Progress:
                                http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
                                My drawings:
                                http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home