No announcement yet.

5 years of SCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a great way to get through a potentially troublesome day. Maybe next year instead of it just being a coincidence in scheduling you can plan ahead and do something that is fun. Congrats on 5 years in the club no one wants to join......you're a survivor. I also would have guessed longer for you. As Obie said, you are wise beyond your years!

Comment

RR, I was surprised to know I've been injured longer than you -- by weeks but still... I don't think I adapted as quickly. I thought you'd been at this much longer.
      My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

Well you have done good. The first 5 years are always the toughest. I've been injured now for 29 years, but I'll never forget my first 5 years, it was not easy.
        "Life is about how you
        respond to not only the
        challenges you're dealt but
        the challenges you seek...If
        you have no goals, no
        mountains to climb, your
        soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Didnt read all the post..but i can say every year of injury is achievement.it isnt easy task...some 5 years, some 14 years like me...good, i was younger when i met accident...my first five years went in innocence and not understanding what i lost..i feel more now...may be bcos my all frds got married and occupied in their life..but another side, God have given me such a big challenge to run my own business..but still i wait for some change in life now....best of luck all my frds and best wishes to all of you in coming years...hats off to all of u including me
          ChemistOnline.in

Comment

St Patty's Day will always be ST. Patty's day for me.

I'm glad your day holds no foreboding for you either my friend.
            And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Cool way to do it Paul.You've come a long way way my friend.
              Be yourself!!!
              http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
              BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
              Sponsored Athlete
              http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
              www.genegvd.com

Comment

Hey, thats five years you don't have to relive. You have no place to go but ahead! The best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                X