Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So...I've got some $$$ left in my Flexible Health spending plan...how to burn it...??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...I've got some $$$ left in my Flexible Health spending plan...how to burn it...??

So I have about $1,000 left in my company healthcare account thing. You can put up to $5k in per year (before tax) to spend on medical crap. I put $2k in, but I have $1k left. If I don't spend it, I lose it.

So. I really don't need too much. I could buy another shower chair or toilet seat. I could get a new cushion....

My real questions is - what can I buy that is medical that I can quickly turn around and sell to someone else (on ebay say)???? I could really do with the cold hard cash rather than $1,000 of medical crap I don't need.

Ideas appreciated. And hello, I'm new here...sorta
    Last edited by MarkB701; 4 Nov 2009, 5:20 PM.

You go to spinlife.com and buy the most expensive thing you can with the funds you have.

Then you EBAY it.

You're welcome.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Can you buy something at a local shop that can be returned unopened at a later date?
      Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

ANd obvioulsy, next year, you now have a better estimate>
        T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

I'm thinking about buying something that I can take back.....hate to do that though. $1k is alot though.

Hey, if anyone out there needs anything medical, I'll buy it for you

Comment

Some plan allows 15 months to use it. I know my plan does so I have from Jan 1, 2009 to March 2010.

Comment

Having money left over means you have been relatively healthy this year. That is excellent news. Mark do you use contacts or eyeglasses? Get yourself a couple pairs of wazoo sunglasses if you have a rx. Could you get a pair of prescription binoculars for hunting?

What you need is one of those great bidet toilet seats. get the one that uses warm water, and air dries your bottom. Decadence is good.
              Veni.Vidi,Velcro...I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Vidi, Vici, et Veni, et Veni, et Veni...

Comment

I didn't sign up for this even though my company offers it just because of this reason. I really don't know how much medical things I really need.

What exactly do you spend it on that your insurance doesn't already cover?
                Injured:10-16-04
                C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
                Blog:
                http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
                Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
                Progress:
                http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
                My drawings:
                http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Comment

Originally posted by MarkPals View Post
                  Having money left over means you have been relatively healthy this year. That is excellent news. Mark do you use contacts or eyeglasses? Get yourself a couple pairs of wazoo sunglasses if you have a rx. Could you get a pair of prescription binoculars for hunting?

What you need is one of those great bidet toilet seats. get the one that uses warm water, and air dries your bottom. Decadence is good.
                  Lol....yes, that's what I need..! a gold plated bidet.......Saddam Hussein style

And yes, been healthy this year, very thankful for that.

Comment

Originally posted by mr_coffee View Post
                    I didn't sign up for this even though my company offers it just because of this reason. I really don't know how much medical things I really need.

What exactly do you spend it on that your insurance doesn't already cover?
                    Well, drug co-pays for me and my wife. Glasses, contacts.......in previous years I used it for a handcycle. I wont put as much away next year. It's silly to save some money on taxes and then have to buy crap I don't really need.....use it or lose it??? I don't get the thinking behind that...

Comment

Just before my flex account year ended I bought an 8 month supply of Enemeez.
                      - Richard

Comment

hookers

Comment

Be sure you understand what is covered under your Medical Savings Account plan. For example, many require a physician's order for anything they will cover, and they may not cover all types of DME or services.

I use mine for co-pays for care and meds, and because I am a federal employee who has crappy dental coverage (by law) I use it to pay for the majority of my dental care needs. I can also include anything through the end of Feb. each year in the previous year's account.

If you also have drug co-pays, order any meds you can reorder now, schedule and get done any annual tests you have not had done if you have co-pays for stuff like this, and then consider DME as long as it is covered under your plan. Do check to see if a prescription is required first though.

(KLD)
                          The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

"Use it or lose it" is an attempt to maintain FSA as a health care benefit to meet current year medical expenditures, rather than as a tax shelter where one can stuff the maximum amount of income into a pseudo savings account.

FWIW - Not to be tight-arsed, but you do know that when you ask for suggestions on how to convert your FSA into cash for non-medical purposes, you are publicly asking others to assist you in committing tax fraud? Perhaps you would consider structuring your question in a legal manner?
                            Originally posted by MarkB701 View Post
                            Well, drug co-pays for me and my wife. Glasses, contacts.......in previous years I used it for a handcycle. I wont put as much away next year. It's silly to save some money on taxes and then have to buy crap I don't really need.....use it or lose it??? I don't get the thinking behind that...
                            Last edited by Foolish Old; 5 Nov 2009, 11:16 AM.
                            Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

i'll sell u my otto bock seat. 16x 18 brand new for 250. paid 500!
                              Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

Comment

Working...
                              X