Larry David ............women in w/c's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Larry David ............women in w/c's

Many of his skits are with people in wheelchairs but his latest episode on HBO , Sunday @9 pm ,I didn't find funny.He uses handicapped people like props. I really did laugh at the few episodes of the blind guy but when he touches on w/c's it is getting too close. Am I just getting old and grumpy ????

w/c's

I remember Seinfeld episodes that made wheelchairs both manual and power as propish humor. Larry David as you know was co-writer with Jerry.
    At their original airing, Before my son's accident, I didn't like it. I thought it was mean.
    This new episode however I liked because both of Larry David's romantic interests were strong positive women. Larry was the wheelchair-phobic.
    I thought Rosie O'Donnell was hilarious in this. Larry was the one who was handicapped. He couldn't let go of his blackberry long enough to save his best friend's daughter from drowning.

Comment

I hope no one is offended, but one of my favorite "Curb Your Enthusiasm" episodes revolves around handicapped toilet stalls and parking spaces. Sometimes, when I see a perfactly able bodied individual sprinting away from the HC spot they just pulled into I'm tempted to ask them if they stutter.

Comment

WARNING MAY BE OFFENSIVE! blackberry

This is classic Larry David:
        WARNING MAY BE OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pepJ9h2Fb4E

Comment

Oh geez.

Comment

I loved this episode because in my opinion, it gave insight on what some (emphasis on some) able-bodied people think, do and say. I was not offended by it at all. It was actually one of my favorite episodes.

Comment

I thought last nights episode was hysterical

Comment

I thought it was hilarious.

Comment

I thought iit was funny too, but the chick just sat there. She seemed to function fine but just sat there the whole time. maybe it was a plot device to make larry seem more awkward, but c'mon really?
                  An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Originally posted by feisty View Post
                    I thought iit was funny too, but the chick just sat there. She seemed to function fine but just sat there the whole time. maybe it was a plot device to make larry seem more awkward, but c'mon really?
                    I agree if your talking about sex with the Denise character. I think it was meant to amplify "Larry's" inability for empathy or even passion.. It's all about him in his own head after all.
                    Last edited by mckeownp; 21 Oct 2009, 12:05 AM. Reason: left out

Comment

Originally posted by mckeownp View Post
                      I agree if your talking about sex with the Denise character. I think it was meant to amplify "Larry's" inability for empathy or even passion.. It's all about him in his own head after all.
                      exaaaaaactly.

It was also, hillarious how he was pointing at her for recognition...
                      An administrator made me remove my signature.

Comment

Damn it, I so miss Curb since losing hbo. I'll have to wait for netflix Larry David was the only writer who's portrayal of crips I could enjoy. He had me at Seinfeld's "The Handicap spot'' episode way back when. I remember the days when even on comedy shows crips were portrayed as only bitter and by the end of the episode everyone would learn some kind of 'lesson'. Thank god for Larry!
                        Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

for you leschinsky

warning may be offensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcyM-vTqb3s

Comment

Working...
                          X