No announcement yet.

My mom died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your loss. After reading about your mom I now know where you get it from. You are just as strong willed and caring as she.

Comment

I'm glad you're at peace Bethany.This quote of yours is the way I hope to feel when my mom goes, Her body gave her hell, and it's not any more. I see a lot of beauty in that.She is whole again & right by your side.Still though,take care of yourself.Surely losing your mama has to be the worst loss ever.

Comment

I'm starting to feel the void...Really gonna miss her. Denial and staying insanely busy only carry you so far. Nobody loves you like yo mama, that's for sure.
        Blog:
        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
          I'm starting to feel the void...Really gonna miss her. Denial and staying insanely busy only carry you so far. Nobody loves you like yo mama, that's for sure.
          Betheny, just saw this post, I'm not on this site too much anymore, I'm soooo very sorry for your loss. Its a Tough thing losing a parent, I'm still getting over the loss of my father and that was last Christmas, I guess ya never really truelly get over it, all the memories of your life with your parent stay with you, its a good thing because thats all we have is the memories once they are gone. It is so permanent, like a door is closed forever and no way to bring them back. Its a tough thing to come to terms with, especially when you were really close with that person.

Like you said, stay busy. It seems like I go through stages of thinking about my father all the time and wishing he were still around and them sometimes when I bury myself in projects I dont think about things as much and it helps.
          "Life is about how you
          respond to not only the
          challenges you're dealt but
          the challenges you seek...If
          you have no goals, no
          mountains to climb, your
          soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Bethany your mum must have been very proud of you, and I believe the spirit always lives on...it sounds like a beautiful service.

I had to smile when I read about your father, thought I was the only one who had married an asshole(excuse the expression) all image no heart....money money money. I think I will get my kids to read what you wrote....i think it will give them strength to know they can have good lives despite everything.

Comment

I am sorry for your loss. Mother is mother. huge support system.
              ChemistOnline.in

Comment

Originally posted by Muriel View Post
                Bethany your mum must have been very proud of you, and I believe the spirit always lives on...it sounds like a beautiful service.

I had to smile when I read about your father, thought I was the only one who had married an asshole(excuse the expression) all image no heart....money money money. I think I will get my kids to read what you wrote....i think it will give them strength to know they can have good lives despite everything.
                Muriel-I spent too long hating him. He is what he is-a flawed man that does love me, and has a hard time showing it, and took a lot of his anger about his divorce out on a 14 yr. old girl. I got over that negativity when I saw this sign in front of a church-"Forgiveness is the best revenge." I went Ah-ha! I can screw with him by hugging, being kind and loving! It worked, too. I hope your kids can accept him for what he is. Some people think money is the score card in the game of Life; smart ppl know better.

Don't let them hate their Dad. It's not healthy.
                Blog:

Comment

I lost my mother when I was barely 24. You won't feel that void forever. Eventually it will be filled with good memories ... the bad ones fade. There have been milestones I've reached in my life since she's been gone .. and a gentle warm glow I've felt a couple times to let me know she's still there (or I could delve into the whole bio-psychological babble here about how the brain works to comfort us ... but I won't!)

She certainly raised one helluva daughter Betheny! Take comfort in that.
                  Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

i still shamelessly cry out for "Mommy" when i'm really hurting. and it's been almost 20 yrs since i lost her. it's a tough one. my thoughts are with you, betheny.

Comment

Beth so sorry about the loss of your mother. My Heart and prayers are with you! Sending you a big Hug!

Bradley

Comment

Thinking of you still Bethany.I visited my mom this weekend & she just doesn't even look like mom but still just as sweet.I just don't see how we survive losing our moms.I know her day is coming soon & that alone feels like hell.Hugs to you to keep you coping.

Comment

I got a kick of grief in my gut yesterday, b/c friends in NM were consoling. Nearly vomited. It's time for her to call and give me hell for not calling her, you know?

Odd thing. The funeral director was v. emphatic in reminding me that cremation is irrevocable.

Eh?

Which part of death is not?

If her shell were intact, and buried underground, would that be somehow revocable? All a bit Pet Sematary, if you know that creepy book by Stephen King. Ew. If she had to die, and she did apparently, I prefer her shell to be irrevocable, lest somebody get crazy and decide they want to check again, or whatever it is people do when they think bodies are re-claimable.

Sorry, morbid. It's been bugging me, wtf did he mean? Death = irrevocable = Duh. He's in the funeral biz, I'd assume he was aware of that.
                          Blog:

Comment

Oh geez.Did he offer a money back gaurantee if you went with the burial instead?

Comment

First thought that came to mind was the funeral director was just reminding you that when they cremate there is no going back if you decide you rather not cremate and have a casket etc. You know, making sure before your final decision.

Sounds silly but I know families that change their mind last minute or worse fight among each other on what should be done.
                              Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Comment

I can only think he was giving you a gentle reminder that if there was any doubt regarding cause of death etc. in the future you can't exhume a cremated body.

Even so, a very strange thing to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X