Glide free transfer board strips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thehipcrip View Post
    Kepsi, after searching and searching, I finally found a slide sheet on eBay and ordered it last week. Can't wait to see if it works!
    hey hip did that work for you for transfers?

i think I need a new transfer board too mine is wood, is the ultraslick expensive? if so is it worth it?
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Comment

Originally posted by wheelin 48 View Post
      hey fuentejps or anyone else that has those strips on your board how they workin for ya do they last very long im thinkin of gettin some
      they are awesome. mine are still in great shape. and they are cheap, definately get them
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com
      c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
      sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

cool glad to hear there holding up ill get some thanks
        to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Comment

Originally posted by leschinsky View Post
          hey hip did that work for you for transfers?

i think I need a new transfer board too mine is wood, is the ultraslick expensive? if so is it worth it?
          Pledge it. Just be careful when you fiorst transfer after, it is much slicker.

I just bought the strips above too, will report back after I put them on.
          T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Originally posted by keps View Post
            Doesn't anyone use a slide sheet (not a padded one) for bare bum transfers? That's what I use, and it's quite hassle-free.
            Keps, is this what you are using? http://www.medisave.co.uk/locomotor-...1cm-p-542.html The others on the site seemed too large and 60 x 41 cm seems the right size for a slide board. Thanks - Don
            Don - Grad Student Emeritus
            T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Comment

Still going?

Originally posted by smokey View Post
              Just put my GlideFree Transfer Board Strips...I also trimmed the corners with a box cutter to prevent peeling where I wrapped it around the bottom side of the board . Anyway, it really does improve the ease and quickness of a transfer. This morning I transferred on and off my padded commode shower chair with a chux under my butt and I really had no friction at all....very smooth. Now I don't need to put any powder on the board to reduce friction. It's only a thin film of plastic-like material called "ShearBan" but it really seems to eliminate all the friction that occurs using a transfer board. I hope it's durable enough to last a long time. $20 for five 1" X 34" strips but if it saves your butt it will be well worth it.
              I hope I get a response, as I see this thread is old...I think I'm going to get some of these strips. Transfers are getting really rough, but the Beasy Board is heavy and bulky for me.

Just to be clear, you stuck the strips from the bottom of one side then lengthwise across and ended under the other side, right? Then you rounded the corners after the strips were in place? I'm asking, because I'll need my aide to do it and I want to be sure we get it right. 😃
              Also, how do you find them holding up? Still going strong?

Comment

Need sticky bottom and slippery top. You can get tape with low friction top surface.

My memory foam/gel cushion is in an HDPE bag which goes inside a stretchy cover.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-...t_polyethylene
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-density_polyethylene
                http://zagam.net/

Comment

I use the Tamarack strips now too, was able to buy them on Amazon. They don't work miracles but make all transfers easier.

Comment

Working...
                  X