No announcement yet.

Online Clothing Stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northquad, this is what women have to endure all the time with the single sizes! A size 4 in one brand is not a 4 in another brand. And often, sizes within brands keep changing (some design issues, some marketing). I've gone from 6, to 4, to 2, and now 1 or 0. The most recent aggravation has been with GAP, where I've gotten their size 2 long (25x34) jeans/pants. Then there was suddenly some change, where the size 2 became equivalent to a 1, so I've adjusted to knowing that as my size (at least at GAP). NOW, they decided on some change in design, making the sizes go from 0 to 2, with 0 = 24.5 x 35.5, and the long inseam = 35" (instead of 34). Yes, 35" is too long, while 33" is slightly too short (I've been reduced to Goldilocks!). So, they had this "New Boot" cut, which was a low rise, but now, they have a "Perfect Boot" and a "Sexy Boot", which are both different, in rise, inseam, design and material from the "New Boot" which I had finally settled on. Hey, where's the New Perfect Sexy boot jean?!? . I'd prefer buying my actual size, than being convinced I'm smaller than I really am (tho it's a strategy that's been working on the mass so far!).

Like I said, this ^ doesn't apply to other brands, but I always have to figure out different sizes per brand, which can get pretty annoying.

I think men's sizes are generally easier, as they go by inches and are more consistent. One thing that makes fit differ (both men/women) are the styles (eg. loose, easy, slim, standard, etc.) as well as the rise (at waist, can fit differently than a lower rise sitting at hip). NorthQuad, are both the Carhatt and Wrangler's the same style (you were looking for loose fit?)

Comment

My Offer

NorthQuad~
      It still stands! Sure beats all the frustration.
      Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Chick, yeah, I feel for the ladies when it comes to shopping for clothes. I used to be a great purse holder back in the day. I'd often notice that the fit was usually around the 1/12 ratio when trying clothes on. Out of about twelve attempts at trying various items of clothing on, they were lucky if one item fit properly. It was good for me though, I'd always wait in the bra section of the stores and compliment women on their choices. jk. I should've though.

But yeah, as for your question, I always try to get the loose fit now. And yes, the Carhartt and Wranglers are the same style of loose fit work/cargo pant.

Comment

Cheesecake, thanks for offering again. But I think I'm going to wait for these size 40x36 to come in at the store here. If this size fits me, I'm golden.

Comment

i have been meaning to post this online store for awhile, i really like pants with a lot of pockets, non chair used here.
            however i still need to carry caths and supplies, and if i can keep a couple on me, i don't have to bring my big bag into the bathroom. the quality i find really strong, made to take a beating, They are designed for law enforcement types, i see they have a new line of big pocket cargo pants. they also have a new women's cut too.
            some of their pants have a extra pocket down by your ankle, i really like that pocket.
            i lived in their shorts over the summer.
            some of the pants have their trademark loop above the rear pockets, that is great to clip a carabiner on, for things you dont want to lose. some are lined for colder weather.
            i amy try their concealed carry shirts next. no guns in the pockets for me, just caths and meds. Alos a good place to put your wallett. i think there prices are very good for what you get.
            i am not exactly into the fashion world, i like function
            LA police gear www.LAPoliceGear.com
            cauda equina

Comment

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
              Cheesecake, thanks for offering again. But I think I'm going to wait for these size 40x36 to come in at the store here. If this size fits me, I'm golden.
              You know the offer stands! Hope you end up golden.

Metro--Nice pants and cool website.
              Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post
                Maternity pants work for women
                never thought of that great idea

Comment

Originally posted by chick View Post
                  Northquad, this is what women have to endure all the time with the single sizes! A size 4 in one brand is not a 4 in another brand. And often, sizes within brands keep changing (some design issues, some marketing). I've gone from 6, to 4, to 2, and now 1 or 0. The most recent aggravation has been with GAP, where I've gotten their size 2 long (25x34) jeans/pants. Then there was suddenly some change, where the size 2 became equivalent to a 1, so I've adjusted to knowing that as my size (at least at GAP). NOW, they decided on some change in design, making the sizes go from 0 to 2, with 0 = 24.5 x 35.5, and the long inseam = 35" (instead of 34). Yes, 35" is too long, while 33" is slightly too short (I've been reduced to Goldilocks!). So, they had this "New Boot" cut, which was a low rise, but now, they have a "Perfect Boot" and a "Sexy Boot", which are both different, in rise, inseam, design and material from the "New Boot" which I had finally settled on. Hey, where's the New Perfect Sexy boot jean?!? . I'd prefer buying my actual size, than being convinced I'm smaller than I really am (tho it's a strategy that's been working on the mass so far!).

Like I said, this ^ doesn't apply to other brands, but I always have to figure out different sizes per brand, which can get pretty annoying.

I think men's sizes are generally easier, as they go by inches and are more consistent. One thing that makes fit differ (both men/women) are the styles (eg. loose, easy, slim, standard, etc.) as well as the rise (at waist, can fit differently than a lower rise sitting at hip). NorthQuad, are both the Carhatt and Wrangler's the same style (you were looking for loose fit?)

how do you stay so tiny shees i was a 5 120lbs now a12 131lbd i want to know

Comment

Originally posted by vjls View Post
                    how do you stay so tiny shees i was a 5 120lbs now a12 131lbd i want to know
                    One of the points I was making, was that manufacturers tend to manipulate sizes, as part of their marketing strategy. I don't think sizes necessarily represent women's REAL size. There's a lot of focus on what women 'should' be/fit into, that it can become about fitting into a size rather than buying clothes that fit well and according to one's proportions. I think sizes have gone smaller, to perpetuate these ideas/ideals and to accommodate consequent desires and demands.

So anywayyy... My weight's been pretty constant (+/- 5 lbs) for years, but during this time, pant sizes have continued to drop. I did use to wear them a little bigger before, but not much that it would be a 6 to a 0 (or even 00). At this rate, they're probably going to need to create 000's soon (I won't be surprised. it's silly!)!

We have to consider our height as well. I'm about 5'5". I used to be about 115-117 pre-injury, now, I hover around 100 (vary betwn 97-105). I can get pretty scrawny sometimes, and usually, any extra weight just ends up in my cheeks (face).

You going from 120 lbs to 131 doesn't seem too bad, and if you're taller than me, that wouldn't be a bad weight. RE clothing, do you have the most problem getting a good fit around the waist? If so, keep in mind we can get a "quad gut" that isn't all due to weight gain.

Well, I just rambling here, without having answered your question, huh. I guess I just regulate what I eat, as much as I can. Eat lots of fruits and veggies. Drinking alot helps curb appetite also. If you have more specific questions about diet and foods, and would like tips from others on how they lost weight or keep from gaining, maybe you can start a new thread specifically for this? There's also quite a few threads members have started on these topics, with some even creating a sort of online log/journal of their progress - e.g. see The Biggest Quad Loser.
                    Last edited by chick; 10-26-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

metronycguy, that online store is sweet. Those tactical pants are basically the same as the cargo pants I'm wearing now. Big sizes too.

Thanks for posting that.

Comment

My favorite online shop spot is sierratradingpost.com and you may have better luck with your sizes.

Comment

I've noticed with levi's, amazon seems to have the best selection and all the different variances of styles/rinses
                          We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                          Ronald Reagan

Comment

I am no cowboy but there sure are a lot of tall ones.

I used to buy jeans from this web site and I doubt anywhere has a better selection of jean sizes.

www.sheplers.com
                            C 5/6 Comp.
                            No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by ricanstruction View Post
                              My favorite online shop spot is sierratradingpost.com and you may have better luck with your sizes.
                              I ordered an assload of clothes during the boxing week sale at sierratradingpost.com and also ordered from carhartt.com.

Sierra Trading Post order should be here on Monday. Great place to order from. I think it'll be my favorite online clothing store too. Killer good prices.

Comment

Sierra Trading Post order arrived today. Everything came in the proper size and all items are correct. I'll be ordering from them again.

Comment

Working...
                                X