No announcement yet.

Handicap parking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Job! I don't know how many times my grandmother yelled at people who would park in the "van access only" handicapped spots, because we had a side ramp and couldn't lower it in the regular handicapped spots easily.
    They had on the news last year a story about people using their deceased relatives or spouses handicapped hanger to get better parking near a local hospital. They even busted 2 ladies on camera who worked at the hospital and were not handicapped at all. Their hangers were for deceased relatives and they were still using them. Their only excuse was that they hated parking so far away from the hospital and then walking back to their car in bad weather after work.

Jessie
    (L-4 SCI and spastic paraparesis)

Comment

Originally posted by gcblarsen View Post
      They had a tag, but it appeard the handicap person stayed in the car while the able bodied person went in.
      In MN. the person that needs the tag cannot be sitting in the vehicle while being parked, a person waiting in the vehicle could be AB.

Comment

I just did this the other night too. A saw a white beamer cruise into an HP spot that I was aiming for. Checked the plates and looked for a tag, and she had neither. I came up right next to her door (she literally could not have opened it without banging my van) and asked her is she realized she was in handicapped parking. I told her I needed it. She just gave me a stupid looking smile in lieu of an answer, but moved to another spot. Turns out she was picking up take out food, and we all know how convienent HP spots are for that sort of thing..........

Comment

had a good laugh in brisbane one day when i seen a smart youg lad park his skyline rice burner in a disable park, he wasnt so smart when i came out of the shops an seen a van with d/p sticker parked up his arse an the young lad going off his nut about it. i roled past an said good day an keept going, smart idea i thought.

people look at my ute pull into d/p spots ''its not a city ute'' they shake there heads untill my chair comes out of the back. i have even had a secerty officer tell me to move u cant park here, i reply with ''yes i can'' an flash my card, he said sorry sir about 5 times lol im like ''its ok bud'' although my ute does look suss.

Comment

A good way i brought it up to someone the other day was asked them if they forgot their handicap tag before they get away from the car...i don't assume they don't have one even if it's obvious. Then when they look confused and say, "oh i didn't realize i parked in handicap" you don't have to deal with attitude from them being defensive when you call them out.
            Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
            -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

That's awesome Lucy!!! Great job!
              Larry
              ------
              Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

Comment

Working...
              X