French labelled world's worst tourists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French labelled world's worst tourists

Interesting, I would have put the Germans last with Australians a close 2nd last
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...section=justin

This surprises you? A country that does not consider you French unless you are born and live there, in addition to being closet racists?

Remember, the term "bigot" was the name of a French politician.

Or as even DeGaulle once remarked "how can anyone hope to govern a country whose people make 100 different kinds of cheese?"

B

Comment

"Despite cliches about beer-guzzling hordes descending on Mediterranean resorts each summer, Britons came a surprise second for their overall attitude, politeness, discretion and even elegance."

Well bugger me!

Comment

Originally posted by Timaru View Post
        "Despite cliches about beer-guzzling hordes descending on Mediterranean resorts each summer, Britons came a surprise second for their overall attitude, politeness, discretion and even elegance."

Well bugger me!
        Discretion? Is that why the English have been called prudish??
        "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

I lived with a french exchange student for a year. she was very polite, kind, and a sweet person.

Comment

Originally posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
            Discretion? Is that why the English have been called prudish??
            Nah, it just means we don't brag to the husband about sleeping with his wife.

Comment

Ah, thanks Timaru, I needed a good laugh.
              "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Comment

Heeheee.

Well in a hotel setting, I think it might refer to quiet coitus? Or not speaking loudly at dinner? Or not making out in the hot tub?

What could they be rating as indicative of discretion?
                "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Comment

Perhaps, it's because Americans are less embracing of visitors who don't speak English. I can see how the French might feel frustrated with no help abroad. Some Americans think other countries should all know English in order to meet our needs. Then visitors come here and we feel they should know English too. I visited France and if you try to speak in French they are very grateful and more willing to help...we could be a lil more understanding in differences. Just a thought.

Comment

Shelby it says "World's Worst" not "US' Worst". I do agree, this is a harsh generalization. Americans have endured a bad rep for years.

I j'adore the French
                    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
                    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Comment

While it's a gross generalization, the French are accustomed to their ways. They're very protective of their identity and their language. French has a lot of walls around its language, while English grabs words from other languages like a sponge.

However, I cannot agree with the assertion that the French are not open to other languages. Almost all French people I know are bilingual, or even multilingual. The French begin early learning a second tongue and learn it throughout their entire education tenure.

I think the French make the world's worst tourists because they just love home so much.

Comment

I live in French Canada! I'm so confused!
                        www.worldonwheels.ca

Comment

Ehhhhh... pardon eh moi?

trebien seevuplay!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthQuad View Post
                            Ehhhhh... pardon eh moi?

trebien seevuplay!
                            LMDerriereOfffffff!

Comment

Working...
                            X