my afo / freaky leg cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone try a Walk On?

I got tired of replacing the BlueRocker. 3 in a year was too much. The manufacturer would not replace it the after the third time. So my orthotist suggested a different AFO. That's when I went to a Walk ON AFO. I'm 6'2, 228lbs. I've had the current AFO for 2 years. I bike, bowl, walk approx 2 miles a day and I STILL haven't broken it. http://www.ottobock.com/cps/rde/xchg....xsl/1448.html

Anyway, just an idea.....

Comment

I could not ride my trike without afo's my ankles buckle and foot slides off of t pedals. good leg does all the pushing but the good ankle is not terrible strong and will fatigue and bend after a short time. so use afo on both legs.

Comment

i started wearing the sleeves on both legs this tear, aleady wearing shorts heat reActs to meds. my skin bone is bone bruised due to the afo so havent been wearing it ,unless was going far.

low and behold, i dont need the afo, i taped the ankle and was walking ok
        i need to find a non elastic ankle brace, such as a aircast a01or mcdavid ultralite lace up.
        so will see how long i can go afo free,
        last year i could only go 300 ft, before pain won
        cauda equina

Comment

Originally posted by metronycguy View Post
          i started wearing the sleeves on both legs this tear, aleady wearing shorts heat reActs to meds. my skin bone is bone bruised due to the afo so havent been wearing it ,unless was going far.

low and behold, i dont need the afo, i taped the ankle and was walking ok
          i need to find a non elastic ankle brace, such as a aircast a01or mcdavid ultralite lace up.
          so will see how long i can go afo free,
          last year i could only go 300 ft, before pain won
          I have an ankle brace that works great. It laces up and gives great support on my right ankle which is weaker and I tend to drag when I am tierd.

http://www.braceshop.com/productcart...is-186p831.htm

Comment

I tried the lace up thingy, and other kinds of otc supports, its ok for side to side support, in that my ankle wont buckle, but lifting the toes are a problem. so mine is in a fixed position with the footplate going all the way to the toes. I can't see how anyone with foot drop could use the otc braces, because even the weight of a shoe pulls my foot towards the ground leaving me to trip over my toes. so I must lift at the hip and lean to one side to take a step without mafo. and without the ankle strap my foot slides foward and out of the front. the padded ankle strap keeps the foot to the back of the brace and rigid so my feet are at a 90 degree angle to the leg

Comment

I was shopping for afo sleeves / brace covers online. So I googled it. What popped up was the picture that started this thread. Couldn't find no further information... just the image and the site address. Well, I signed up to the page, and here I am. Okay, I really like that tattoo style brace cover! Where can this be purchased? Would they print my own design on them? Please, if you have any further info about this product let me know! Thx

Comment

Working...
              X