Brain Anatomy Lesson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brain Anatomy Lesson

(yes it's true...I have nothing more productive to do with my time )

Oj, I have a stack of books on neuroanatomy, the brain and neuropsych I want to continue reading. Having a little eyesight trouble at the moment (at least w/ the PC I can enlarge, although the constant scrolling is annoying hell out of me), but when it clears, I'll be right back in the thick of those books.

I get why you're spending your time learning about the brain. I'm right there with you, although your method appears for more amusing than mine.

P.S. I do have a coloring book entitled "A Colorful Introduction to the Anatomy of the Human Brain" so it's not all straight on reading. I take my fun where I can find it.

Comment

I think I like this version sung in German even better

lamem I took an anatomy course my second year of university (when I was still humouring my father's wish I would follow him into medicine) and I had one of those colouring books. I guess the theory is if you take the time to do the colouring, the structures will imprint in your memory. In my case I enjoyed the colouring book so much that I spent all my time with that and I never bothered reading the actual textbook for the course. I barely eeked out a C for my final grade, if I recall correctly. Nailing the coffin shut on more pre-med stuff, thankfully. So maybe the colouring book theory doesn't really work after all lol. But it was a wonderful procrastination tool. And more importantly, an excuse to go buy a really big box of pencil crayons which made me very happy

Comment

I'm laughing about the really big box of pencil crayons. I'll be doing the same. How did you know?

Comment

Awesome!

Pinky and the Brain were such an inspiration to me growing up.
          ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Comment

Both my girls are taking anatomy .... Mel the high school level, and Meg a couple of courses already in college. (PT major). We have had a couple of those coloring books around!

I sent them the link to your video OJ .....
            T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

That's just too funny in German!

Comment

My favorite part of the vid is when Pinky hits the tamb at just. the . right. moments. and does so seriously.

Whoa. Did I just refer to a cartoon character as doing something in serious fashion? I think I did.

Comment

haha I shall be singing this song while writing my exam!

Thanks OJ!

Comment

Originally posted by Julie-Bug View Post
                    haha I shall be singing this song while writing my exam!

Thanks OJ!
                    yay! I hope it helps get ya an A

Good luck on your exam!

Comment

Working...
                    X