cigars-whats your taste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cigars-whats your taste

yup, its my one vice , i love good cigars.

what are your faves\

i smoke one about every other night.

my favorites are-------top 5
    1. fuente don carlos num 2
    2. fuente don carlos double robusto
    3. fuente don carlos robusto
    4. fuente hemingway classic
    5. ashton double robusto
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I have about two a week with a glass of Woodford's Reserve. Not a big AF fan. Current favorites are Perdomo Lot23 Maduro, Oliva Serie O and V natural, as well as DPG Cuban Classic. Ashton VSG and RP Decades are in the humi as well.
    "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Comment

ahhh, ashton vsg, very nice. i enjoy ashton cabs as well.

i only like high end fuentes, not the cheaper stuff. i love fuente hemingway short storys too
      Bike-on.com rep
      John@bike-on.com

Comment

I don't smoke often but when I get the chance my favorites are :

Cohiba Exquisito or Corona Especial
        Punch Superiores Delux
        Davidoff Special T

Comment

nice taste guys.

theres a cool quote on this mths page of my cigar afficionado calender.

a good cigar to a man is like a good cry to a woman.........
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com

Comment

You think these guys have made smoking cigars cool again ..... it looks so relaxing and manly .... I've always enjoyed the fragrance of a good cigar for some reason .....

Obieone
            ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
            Jane Siberry

Comment

White owls
              Phillies
              Dutch masters

Obviously not high end cigars for the sake of smoking cigars but I couldn't resist! The first time I went to Canada I smoked a cuban cigar for shits and giggles.
              Nice quote. Is there a ritual for smoking for you guys? Do you smoke in a particular place with a particular drink or album playing? when I smoked, I could only listen to records and it was a contemplative time.

Comment

I have some Rocky Patel's Vintage 1990's. I usually buy them by the box.

I also have some Don Pepin Garcia series JJ and a friend gave me some Feito Brazilla a` ma`no Cigar, but I haven't tried it yet.

I like having a cigar in the summer when I'm hangin' by the pool with some friends. I never smoke them in my house. They make it stink inside to much.

Comment

Cohiba (something or another directly from Cuba), which is a ginormous no no in this country. It may also be why I enjoy one once in a purple moon.

Comment

Originally posted by Obieone View Post
                    ..... it looks so relaxing and manly .... I've always enjoyed the fragrance of a good cigar for some reason .....

Obieone
                    Obieone! Did I hear a purrrrr?!?

Comment

If you're not smoking Cohibas you're wasting your time.

I'm actually very lucky. About 5 years ago I did a bunch of free legal work for my brother-in-law and his partner. As a thank you they bought me the Cohiba 35th Anniversary Humidor which comes filled with 100 35th Anniversary Cohibas.

http://www.cohibacigarblog.com/2008/...rsario-humidor

I smoke one of these bad boys a month.

Chris.
                      Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Comment

i like to pair a don carlos num 2 w/ either seagrams on the rocks or a sweet chilled red..i smoke when i read while playing nice calming classical music, preferably a violyn piece.............or even when i play xbox, lol.

i do smoke inside our house, we use wall flowers and fabreeze, so no smell.

Originally posted by ricanstruction View Post
                        White owls
                        Phillies
                        Dutch masters

Obviously not high end cigars for the sake of smoking cigars but I couldn't resist! The first time I went to Canada I smoked a cuban cigar for shits and giggles.
                        Nice quote. Is there a ritual for smoking for you guys? Do you smoke in a particular place with a particular drink or album playing? when I smoked, I could only listen to records and it was a contemplative time.
                        Bike-on.com rep
                        John@bike-on.com

Comment

I don't smoke in the house but our weather is rather nice most of the year so I don't mind being on our back porch. I listen to classical music and like to pair a cigar with bourbon; usually Jim Beam with a splash of water or Woodford Reserve neat. If I'm not hanging out there with my wife and the three dogs, I'm reading through the junk mail catalogs with the three dogs.
                          "Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and other people may not be able to tell the difference."

Comment

Y'all smoke some good sticks. I don't think anyone has mentioned anything hand rolled that I don't like. I smoked an Alec Bradley Tempus at the bar last night, accompanied by a few Guinness's.

I really enjoyed a Litto Gome Diez recently. The Oliva V series is also a good recent smoke. I've got an LFD Double Ligero that has been promised some love tonight. It takes time to do it right.

I most enjoy full bodied cigars with a ring size of 50 or more and a length over 5". I do have a Nub Cubano that I'm told will be a short cigar with the taste of a longer stick.

I like to smoke outdoors, usually on the back porch or at an outdoor restaurant. The after-hours bar is just about the only place I smoke indoors, except for the lounges of the cigar stores. A good meal first, then a good smoke with Havana Club Rum is ideal. But any quality liquor, wine, coffee, or even water works well for me. The water lets you isolate the cigar tastes, but I'm all about the total experience.

I'm wanting to get up to Miami and spend a day visiting a few of the famous makers.

Padron

El Credito Cigar Factory makers of La Gloria Cubana. They have a new line called Artesanos de Miami

Reyes Family Cigars

Padilla

The four above are all close together. There are quite a few lesser known quality makers in the same neighborhood.

A little farther, but sill close is

Perdomo

Of course, since we are closer to Havana than Miami, there are a lot of Cuban cigars that are rumored to be floating around these islands.
                            Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Fo, that double ligero is incredibly strong. I have tried to smoke one on prob 4 different occassions, i threw it out, just to bold for my taste. But many guys at the smoke shop love them
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com

Comment

Working...
                              X