Jerry, any news?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thehipcrip View Post
    As far as any money you received goes, it's not charity. It's a small token of friendship, just another way for people to let you know that they're there for you and behind you 100 percent. It's what friends do for one another.

.... you have nothing to apologize for Jerry ... hear me ... nothing .... it will be fine ... it's called paying it forward in my world ... that woman must need it bad to take from the likes of you so we'll go with that for now ... stay strong {{{hug}}} ....

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Comment

Jerry,
      I'm sorry that there have been hiccups and the jerks of the world have raised their heads. But, you know, you are NOT THEM. And I'm willing to continue to support your efforts, in spite of a**holes, to get you and your canines in a better place. They will burn in some karmic hell while you will not.

I know we may never meet, but I'm willing to send along a few bucks because I want to support you and your dogs because all good things sent to good people are blessings. It's not charity, it's an investment in good people -- that would be you.

Blessings,
      bl

Comment

dont give em up. please.

Comment

omg, that sux. Jerry, hang in there!
          Daniel

Comment

Any news Jerry? How are you doing and how are your pups? Marlene said she sent you enough heartworm andvflea preventative for another month. Still waiting for the itemized bill on how much getting them both healthy will come too. Any luck on the new homes the CIL sent out? I know getting around to see them is hard.
            Sue
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Jerry, I keep coming back to this thread hoping for news. Are you still in the shed? Any prospects on a different housing situation?
              Daniel

Comment

No Good news. Still in the shed, And down with a bad pressure sore that hurts bad. I can put duraderm on it. But, I can't clean it very good. I have been staying off of it, as much as possible.
                That about they way it is.

Sue , the kids are good. The vet was suppose to send me some confortis. If you talk to Marlene would you remind her?
                Thank you.

Comment

Jerry...

You have got to find a way to take care of the pressure sore! Have you been to your Doctor?

Is there a home health agency that can send a nurse out to check it? I know when my Mom was alive, her Doctor would prescribe that a home health nurse come by and check on her...

Not sure if that is available where you are...

Please take care!!!

Praying for you!

Teena

Comment

Originally posted by jerryblt06 View Post
                    No Good news. Still in the shed, And down with a bad pressure sore that hurts bad. I can put duraderm on it. But, I can't clean it very good. I have been staying off of it, as much as possible.
                    That about they way it is.
                    Hi Jerry, sorry to hear you're still living in the shed.

Regarding the pressure sore, how bad is bad and has anybody looked at it yet?

I don't want to sound like an old woman and I know you've been at this game long enough to know your own body but my main worry would be the sore getting infected.

Look after yourself and best of luck,

Jonathan.

Comment

Jerry, I'm sorry I disappeared for a while but I've been rooting for you every day. And I'm so so sorry that woman did what she did. But please try not to let the little people get you down. Being the good person you are is the most important thing. We all are behind you, and Karma too, so I hope and trust that this indeed will be just a hiccup.

And I'm with everyone else -- please prioritize getting help with that sore.

Randy

Comment

Jerry, if there is a way that some health agency can send you a nurse to take care of the wound it would really be great. I think Sue posted something previously about the water system not being good for the care of it. If so, they can also use normal saline instead of water. The doctor has also ordered the nurses who have cleaned mine to use normal saline. Don't know why they haven't thought of that. Also, is there a possibility that you can go to a doctor or wound care center to have them check the status on it?

Something else that we have here in El Paso, don't know if you have it there, is an ambulance that is paid by Medicaid/Medicare which will transport you to your wound care center. Maybe it is something you might find in Fla and would help you to get to your doctor.

Will try to think of other things which might help you to get that care you are so needing. Keep hanging on in there, things will work out somehow.

Raven
                        Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
                        but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

Jerry did you get the flea and heart worm medicines in the mail yet? Oh, and the antibiotic from Walmart or wherever it went? It's the doxycyclene to help weaken the worms for treatment to start.

Let me know how the other stuff is going with housing, ok? Oh, that rescue that Marlene's tech spoke about wasn't meant that way. The understanding I had was it would care for Fuzzy and Scooter either during a move until any new place was fenced or during any time you might need medical care for a short time. They would care for them up to 4 weeks not adopt them out. I know you all suffer when separated but better to get a good home soon and they stay safe while you get fencing than have them run loose and possibly get hit by a car. The offer was up to 4 weeks not that it had to be 4 weeks. You may only need a few days. Same if you need time down for sores. Marlene understands how much they mean to you and that they are actually key in your good health as much as you are to theirs.

Have you talked to Mark at the CIL about maybe a FEMA trailer in/near Gainesville since the storms are starting? In Gainesville you'd have transportation... How are you so far with the rain?
                          Sue
                          Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Aww, Jerry.......this sucks that you now have a sore to deal with too. I hope things turn around for you. I don't say things like this lightly, but I think you are an amazing guy, heroic even. Many would have crumpled under such tough circumstances. I am so glad that you have not. Remember please how much you are cared about here. All the best to you.

Comment

No, No Meds

I didn't get the medicines today, maybe tomorrow. I been going to the mailbox everyday. I hope I get a place soon. They will have to take my wheelchair when and if they take Fuzzy. she would go crazy without my chair. Its hers i just use it. And they would have to keep them together. I got to stay with them if I can.

We checked out the place you mentioned, by e-mail. And we got an e-mail. The place outside of Gainesville wouldn't work. It was to small, but he was putting some cottages out there and would let us know. i also am looking at a place about 8 miles north of here. Waiting on a call back. The owner will build a ramp for me.so wish me luck..

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
                              Jerry did you get the flea and heart worm medicines in the mail yet? Oh, and the antibiotic from Walmart or wherever it went? It's the doxycyclene to help weaken the worms for treatment to start.

Let me know how the other stuff is going with housing, ok? Oh, that rescue that Marlene's tech spoke about wasn't meant that way. The understanding I had was it would care for Fuzzy and Scooter either during a move until any new place was fenced or during any time you might need medical care for a short time. They would care for them up to 4 weeks not adopt them out. I know you all suffer when separated but better to get a good home soon and they stay safe while you get fencing than have them run loose and possibly get hit by a car. The offer was up to 4 weeks not that it had to be 4 weeks. You may only need a few days. Same if you need time down for sores. Marlene understands how much they mean to you and that they are actually key in your good health as much as you are to theirs.

Have you talked to Mark at the CIL about maybe a FEMA trailer in/near Gainesville since the storms are starting? In Gainesville you'd have transportation... How are you so far with the rain?
                              Sue

Comment

Almost given up

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
                                Aww, Jerry.......this sucks that you now have a sore to deal with too. I hope things turn around for you. I don't say things like this lightly, but I think you are an amazing guy, heroic even. Many would have crumpled under such tough circumstances. I am so glad that you have not. Remember please how much you are cared about here. All the best to you.
                                Thanks you Eilleen. This thread and all ccc means a lot to me. My babies and ccc is what keeps me going. not heroic. I just can't leave my babies. But, sooner or later I will find a place. Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X