Maria Amador, RN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maria Amador, RN

Such a shock this morning to hear of the tragic murder of Maria Amador,RN who was in a key position in patient advocacy and education at the Miami Project. Many of you may have known her. She will be missed. I cry for her family and remaining children.

http://www.miamiherald.com/486/story/922168.html

(KLD)
    The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Maria was a wonderful and kind woman. I have been contacting her since 1996 for myself and clients. She was also a member of the Paralysis Task Force.

I read of this last night after an already terrible day and simply cried.

May you rest peacefully Maria and your son recover.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Why, why, why take the children with you? And the wife?

Condolences to the surviving children. They'll have a tough road ahead.

I hope it wasn't due to the economic crisis.
      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

What a terrible thing. Will there ever be a time in which we will be able to not only diagnose mental illness before it erupts, but also cure it?
        - Richard

Comment

There was a family secret that came out in the local news at noon. One of the girls told freinds of sexual abuse a while ago. The friends told their parents, but it was never reported to authorities. Such a sad story....

Comment

How tragic, such a waste. My condolences.
            get busy living or get busy dying

Comment

Originally posted by SoFla View Post
              There was a family secret that came out in the local news at noon. One of the girls told freinds of sexual abuse a while ago. The friends told their parents, but it was never reported to authorities.
              What a mess. My condolences.
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
              --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
              ––Paul Nussbaum
              usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by SoFla View Post
                There was a family secret that came out in the local news at noon. One of the girls told freinds of sexual abuse a while ago. The friends told their parents, but it was never reported to authorities. Such a sad story....
                The entire story is just heart-breaking.

Chris.
                Have you ever seen a human heart? It looks like a fist wrapped in blood! Larry in 'Closer', a play by Partick Marber

Comment

This such a tragedy. That Is why I try to leave my life to the fullest because tomorrow is not promised to anybody.

Comment

What a shocking & sad story. Maria was a very kind & caring lady. I met her several times when she traveled up to my area from Miami to speak at Spinal Cord group meetings that I attended. May she rest in peace & may her surviving son be ok after suffering such a tragedy in his young life.

Comment

sorry for the loss..
                      Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

I remember speaking to Maria several times years back. We had a chance to move to Miami and one of their trials had us seriously considering it. She was honest enough to let me know I would most likely regain more function and be able to continue outpatient PT longer where we are than had we moved. Not many in her particular position would have taken the time to look at where I was compared to just pushing her facility's reputation. It was a smart non-move for us. I had recommended to many considering trials or other interventions to discuss all their options with her. The Miami Project will be hurting for a long time due to her lose.

My condolences to her family and many, many friends.
                        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Originally posted by semajh7 View Post
                          This such a tragedy. That Is why I try to leave my life to the fullest because tomorrow is not promised to anybody.
                          Maria was a class act lady who lived and gave to the fullest each and every day, she will truely be missed.
                          Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Shocking and tragic news.

Maria will be missed terribly. For me, she was the face of the Miami Project.

The last time I saw her was at a conference in Orlando. We ate breakfast together and had a nice conversation. It is difficult to know that she is gone.

My thoughts and prayers to all who love her.
                            Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Working...
                            X