Anyone heard from bcsimpsons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone heard from bcsimpsons?

Dropped out of sight. I know she keeps up with a lot of members...

Thanks,

Liz

She chooses not to come here anymore.The last time we were in touch she seemed to be doing well.

Comment

I am sorry that she chooses not to come here anymore. Maybe a break from some of the "madness" will help and that she will return soon. I am glad she is doing well. I wish her the best.

Comment

I don't understand why people "choose not to come here" like its some bad place. From what I remember she only came here with her problems & when needed help..which she got a lot of help...why would she feel the need to "stay away". I'll never understand it when people say they need a break from CC.
        Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comment

I personally go thru some nasty withdrawls when CC is down. Please do take my CC away.

I'm glad she is doing well. Tell her we still think about her.
          Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

Lynnifer, maybe it's because even though they seem to be looking for advice, they don't really like what's given. Or actually , maybe wanting more sympathy, and getting little, finally give up.

Comment

Originally posted by rebajane View Post
              Lynnifer, maybe it's because even though they seem to be looking for advice, they don't really like what's given. Or actually , maybe wanting more sympathy, and getting little, finally give up.
              I think this post was probably to me rather than Lynnifer since she isn't even in this thread. Still when asking for advice one needs to accept constructive criticism. Shunning out everyone that tells you something you didn't want to hear will only leave you lonely.

Nothing against Simpson I just find it funny that people need to actually "take a break" from CC..Its not just Simpson, but have been hearing it from others too. I know a lot of people feel this site is almost like family & in a sense I do too since I've met a lot of people I would consider friends that I talk to daily. I just don't see how anyone could let something on a message board(this is the internet people-anything can happen!) get to them that much that they need to "take a break". Just seems..well pathetic.
              Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comment

Well call me pathetic but I've "taken a break" from here before. Sometimes this place is really annoying.
                And I think rebajane may be right on why some people leave.
                If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Originally posted by gurly2356 View Post
                  ... I know a lot of people feel this site is almost like family & in a sense I do too since I've met a lot of people I would consider friends that I talk to daily. I just don't see how anyone could let something on a message board(this is the internet people-anything can happen!) get to them that much that they need to "take a break". Just seems..well pathetic.
                  Looking at it from the "family" viewpoint, I can see why people need to get away from CC or let what people say annoy them. If what your family says or does annoy you, and you think of CC as your family, then I can see people wanting a break. I want a break from some of my family from time to time.
                  Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Comment

Sorry Gurly about the mistaken name reference. Just blame it on a "senior" moment !

Comment

Originally posted by gurly2356 View Post
                      I don't understand why people "choose not to come here" like its some bad place. From what I remember she only came here with her problems & when needed help..which she got a lot of help...why would she feel the need to "stay away". I'll never understand it when people say they need a break from CC.
                      There could be many reasons why she decided to stay away from CC. I know I experienced one reason most recently. I was posting here while I was under a lot of stress in my own life, and as a result, was saying things I would later regret and decided it was best to come back after I was feeling a bit better.

But I also know I took a break from CC because at times, it was a downer. There are some people who have chosen not to move on with their lives and instead, continue to post "woe is me" type posts. I prefer reading posts of people doing constructive, postive things with their lives despite the situation they are in. When I'm feeling down, or less confident, reading positive posts can pull me out of a dark place, and if I find that I'm finding more negativity than positivity, I take a break.

I try my best not to announce it though, because I find those who do are usually seeking attention more than anything else. I don't think she did anything wrong by taking a break, or choosing not to post here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by KiranA View Post

But I also know I took a break from CC because at times, it was a downer. There are some people who have chosen not to move on with their lives and instead, continue to post "woe is me" type posts. I prefer reading posts of people doing constructive, postive things with their lives despite the situation they are in. When I'm feeling down, or less confident, reading positive posts can pull me out of a dark place, and if I find that I'm finding more negativity than positivity, I take a break.
                        Sometimes posts here make me feel worse [sometimes for selfish reasons]. I go through periods where I really just want to forget about my injury and I tend to stay away. There are many reasons to take a break.

"ιn ѕoмe wayѕ ι love everyтнιng. ιт’ѕ leѕѕ oғ a тнιng тнan 'lιĸe'…leѕѕ dιѕтιncт. leѕѕ…parтιcυlar. ι lιĸe тнιngѕ тнaт ι lιĸe вυт ι love everyтнιng. тнere’ѕ мore cнoιce ιn ‘lιĸe’. вecaυѕe even тнe worѕт тнιngѕ нave тнιngѕ тo love ιn тнeм. ι love тнιngѕ ѕo мυcн ι ғeel lιĸe ι coυld ғloaт away."

Comment

Originally posted by KiranA View Post
                          I try my best not to announce it though, because I find those who do are usually seeking attention more than anything else. I don't think she did anything wrong by taking a break, or choosing not to post here anymore.
                          Oh I agree with this. There's a lot of goodbye carecure drama threads. Then the please don't go, don't let someone drive you away attention.. Then a week later oh I'm back.....
                          If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

A week later is nothing On my Norwegian forum we had a big fight and one of the girls did the good bye thing. She is usually not a drama queen but she was the moderator and she tried hard to make us stop. An then she left. After six hours she was back, writing, I have a weak soul and I miss you already and I am so sorry I left.

I have seen many good byes, and many is coming back with different nick names, but I have never seen anybody coming back that quickly.

But I am thinking a little like Gurly. But I agree with Kiran when she is saying she is staying away when she feel bad. But I am a weak soul too and I get addicted to CC and my other forums. So I have a hard time staying away even when I feel bad. But I am sure I read less from most of you, I read only the post that interest me because it is still a lot of words I don't understand. I need to expand my vocabulary. But at least I am not afraid to ask what things mean anymore.
                            TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Originally posted by addiesue View Post
                              There's a lot of goodbye carecure drama threads.....
                              On the old AOL pagan boards we used to call them Brave Exit Speeches (BESs). Some of them were pretty funny.

C.

Comment

Working...
                              X