Grateful for being differently abled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bob clark View Post
    SCI has me robbed me of life. A normal life. I had more fun in one day pre-SCI than I have... wait... I don't have fun anymore. you're SCI'd. You got a screw loose if this is the kind of challenge you enjoy.

Glad you're on a 12 Step High. Good for you.

I don't even know why I wasted my time writing this.

Bob.
    Wanna go to Mexico? It's cheap right now. If you can only get down there, those fish don't care if you shit your wetsuit. It's not as good as diving pre-sci but it is still more awesome than most people find in a year's time.

Feb. 18 to Feb. 25 if you want to hang out with us!

Yes, I am abandoning the parents, kids, husband, etc. They'll live.
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by woman from Europe View Post
      And how many years have you been a caregiver? People here have seen their husbands/wife leave after maybe 10 years, 15 years or 20 years because they are burned out.

I don't need a caregiver and I don't have one since I am one of the lucky ones, a low para. Still both my husbands have left and behaved me bad because of SCI after 7 years and after 13 year. Honestly, they got bored of me and all the things we couldn't do.
      LOL and I am thinking to get married again.This time I will choose [select]my bride very careful .

Comment

I've read some of this thread, not all, because I don't want to get angry right now. There's been many times I've thought about leaving CC because of some of the negativity here; and there's been times when I've blown my lid and lashed out before I thought things through. We all do this from time to time.

I stick around because I need the support this site offers.
        I try to ignore the negative stuff (unless it is something that I feel really needs to be addressed) and stick with reading and responding to the threads and posts that seem to merit responses.

Megan and Shannon, I hope you keep posting. I love you both half to death and this old, crippled lesbian would miss you if you were to leave...
        "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
          Wanna go to Mexico? It's cheap right now. If you can only get down there, those fish don't care if you shit your wetsuit. It's not as good as diving pre-sci but it is still more awesome than most people find in a year's time.

Feb. 18 to Feb. 25 if you want to hang out with us!

Yes, I am abandoning the parents, kids, husband, etc. They'll live.
          Where in Mexico betheny?

Comment

SCI sucks sweaty donkey balls!

That said,your life well be exactly what you make of it..you'll be bitter and angry with what its left you or you'll pick up the pieces and rebuild a life for yourself that your happy and content with.Strength of character,i chose the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun View Post

That said,your life well be exactly what you make of it..you'll be bitter and angry with what its left you or you'll pick up the pieces and rebuild a life for yourself that your happy and content with.Strength of character,i chose the latter.
              Shaun Before my SCI I traveled more than you can imagine North America,South America ,Europe.I was AB and I had a job ...so I could afford the expenses.

Comment

I dont care anything about you or what you claim to have done Adrian,please dont respond to my posts and i wont respond to yours..Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Comment

Love....exciting and new...come aboard...we're expecting you!!!!
                  And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

I dont care anything about you or what you claim to have done Adrian,please dont respond to my posts and i wont respond to yours..Thank you and have a wonderful day!
                    Good Idea Shaun ....Have a pleasant day.

Comment

Best saying of 2009 (so far):

Originally posted by rdf View Post
                      the suckage factor
                      lol!
                      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                        Best saying of 2009 (so far):

lol!
                        I kinda like
                        Originally posted by betheny
                        If you can only get down there, those fish don't care if you shit your wetsuit.
                        Gotta love the way them okie girls turn a phrase
                        Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                        Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

im not upset with you peansluv, My reply had nothing to do with yours. very sorry.
                          It has been a crappy week directly sci related. the whole your all a bunch of bitter on wheels riled me a little. I dont agree we're all bitter. thats all. and im not grateful for my sci. grateful care cure though. still, i'm sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Seenkid101 View Post
                            Bob Clark- I apologize for being an ass. I get really carried away sometime with what I say.

I was not trying to tell anyone how they can or can't feel or I wasn't trying to. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and vent at times. I wasn't putting others feeling into consideration and deeply apologize again.
                            Hi SeenKid,

No need to apologize, you weren't being an ass. You tend to look at the bright side of things, something I should do more often. Usually my posts and behavior aren't so negative because face it, who wants to read or hang around with a bitchin', moaning complainer. So I try to keep my gloomy side hidden and try to portray a happier or a somewhat content attitude when in public. I thought I was successful in that pursuit when Tiger wrote:

Yeah, that sux, but... get over it already. Come on, man, how long have you been doing this? Do you seriously want to view your life like this forever?
                            And I kinda jumped all over her. Not that she doesn't sometimes deserve it. Right Tiger? Oh, and sorry for that low blow remark about your husband... that was uncalled for and wrong. But really, I don't think I'm a doom and gloomer but maybe I am and don't realize it. I know I'm not a Mary Poppins but I didn't think I was a Scrooge either. And I'm not gonna go through all of my 3220 posts to find out!

Now here's my excuse... On the day in question, just before I logged onto CC I was fighting my legs. Recently I discovered a pressure sore on my foot (nothing very serious) so have been trying to keep the pressure off of it. I have a routine that I need to go through before I use my computer and being old and set in my ways anything that interferes with my routine is met with a few choice curse words and a temporary pissy mood. I think when a person lives alone for a long while, with no one to help socially anchor them, they can go adrift in their own skewed reality and start acting weird. Anyway, I tried 3 times to get "ready" to check out the forums here and 3 times I had to back off for whatever reasons and start over again. By the 4th time I was really pissed off. But what really lit my fuse was because of the pressure sore on my foot I now need to take my foot off the footrest and put it on the floor. And because my foot is now situated far back on the footrest I simply can't lift it up and put it on the floor because the top of my leg hits the bottom of the desk. So I have to release the wheel locks and back-up a little bit while holding my legs up and push forward until I'm in the right position. Sometimes it's the little things that.... One would think that I could remember to lift my legs off the footrests before they get under the desk, but no, that would make life too easy! So I was totally frustrated with myself when I saw that someone was actually "grateful" for this SCI bullshit. That's when I lost it and wrote my first post to this thread. Usually I'll take my time and choose my words more carefully but this time I decided to let it fly and the result was this fine mess.

See, I told you I explain things into the ground... ad nauseum. That's just how I be.

If you're able to keep a cheerful attitude through the rigors of a SCI that's a good thing. I'm glad you have someone like PeasnLuv to help you along. You're lucky to have someone who loves you so much that they're willing to put up with this injury because it isn't easy. It isn't easy but neither is it as dreadful as perhaps I've made it seem especially since I'm only a T4. The higher the injury the harder it must be. I can't speak for anyone but myself but I'm sure the degree of happiness and sadness runs the full gamut and runs on a moving scale. Everyone has some days that are better than others and some days that are worse. And some weeks and months that are better and worse than others. And many here have been able, over the long haul, to thrive and enjoy their lives despite the hardships. And some here are still in the process of looking for their happiness and they need everyone's support and understanding until they find it.

I hope everyone has a good day,

Bob.

PS. %&*$# legs/feet/desk!
                            "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Comment

i agree w/ shauna. just gotta make a good life for yourself.
                              Bike-on.com rep
                              John@bike-on.com
                              c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
                              sponsored handcycle racer

Comment

Working...
                              X