Walmart employees allegedly kill suspected shoplifter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimmel21 View Post
    but thats not saying they deserve to be killed for it.
    Try to comprehend this.. He did not get killed for stealing whatever. He died from what we don't know yet from being detained!! I said earlier that it was likely a heart attack. The employees DID NOT see this thief and say, ''Hey, let's kill him!!!'' Just didn't happen.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Thats whats wrong with this country now. Nobody wants to get involved, or wants anybody else to get involved. Fuck this guy. He's a common crimin al, only difference is he didn't happen to have a gun or knife, this time. He broke the law, and when stopped for his criminal act, he wouldn't stop struggling. If he didn't want to get hassed, or stopped, he shouldn't have shoplifted.
      Whiney ass bitches, make people accountable for their actions. Actions create reactions. Face the facts, this was prolly not his first time. Maybe he's broken into houses,robbed kids, rolled a defenseless homeless man or woman. Not that he deserved to die, but it was his reaction to being stopped that killed him. God will sort it out. Just another theif gone off the face of the earth.
      What if these people had been police and the guy runs, gets tackled, has a heart attack, or asthma attack or whatever, is it then a killing? F no! it's a fuckin theif dieing trying to struggle to get away. A low life no-good f-ing THEIF, wake up. What if he was breaking into your home and stealing your crap- Oh la-de-dah, oh well, go ahead mister, have at it fuck me, I won't try to scare you, you might die of a heart attack.?
      Last edited by fishin'guy; 11 Dec 2008, 3:39 AM.

Comment

Maybe the worst supposition about this dead guy is true; maybe he was a child molester and a serial killer. On the same level of probability though, maybe one of the Walmart employees had a thing for him and said to the other, "Hey, that's my #$%%&&# prick neighbor; let's accuse him of shoplifting and plant some goods on him." and they approached the guy, who reacted with alarm and anger and things escalated from there.

The point all the gung-ho, "he's a criminal so better he's dead" clowns fail to accept is that we don't/can't know enough from what's been related here from the news article. We just can't know at this point who is to blame for anything in the matter of what brought about this man's death. What we can know is that he's dead and for that the matter bears investigation and should result in legal proceeding just like it would in Australia.
        "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
        J.B.S.Haldane

Comment

I really don't think anyone has said that the guy deserved to die or that he's better off dead. It's very unfortunate that he died as a result, but his death was a direct result of his decision to steal.
          The point is that he stole/attempted to steal $393 worth of merchandise and the employees attempted to stop him. If they had to wrestle him to the ground an pin him down, it's pretty obvious that he did indeed do something wrong and wasn't going out without a fight.
          "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmel21 View Post
            I understand that we pay for it in the long run with price boosts and so forth, and shoplifting is a shading act porformed by shadey people, but thats not saying they deserve to be killed for it. I mean come on now, and yea i might have been alittle off maybe he had a dvd player and a digital camera.....but take down the guys plate # and call it in. You dont have to kill the dude, dont you think what they did is kinda taking street justice to a whole new extreme.
            If it were truly a case of 'street justice' then the guy probably would have been beaten pretty severely.
            I've seen it a ton of times before... alarm goes off, thief runs, car description and plate numbers taken down, and nothing comes of it. Heck, I've been the one to call it in before and was simply told that there weren't any officers in the area and it wasn't a priority. The only time anything happens to the criminals is when they're restrained and held until police arrive... that's what those employees were attempting to do. Judging by the fact that no charges are being pressed, they've found no evidence of excessive use of force. IF they determine that someone had alterior motives and were guily of being excessively violent with the guy and that's what caused his death, by all means press charges.
            Did he DESERVE to die? No, he deserved charges for stealing and a chance to defend himself in court.
            "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Comment

For those that are calling it street justice and the workers a lynch mob, what if the people that stopped him were trained police officers and he died because of the struggle? Would your reaction be different?

Comment

Just like stated above. He deserved a trial and all, but he decided to run?, or struggle, or whatever, but HE put himself there. Like a car theif that runs rather than stop. Hity's a tree, is killed, and they try to blame the cops because chased him, BS- he ran- HE made the decision that ultimately took his own life.

Comment

Originally posted by JAYCUE View Post
                  For those that are calling it street justice and the workers a lynch mob, what if the people that stopped him were trained police officers and he died because of the struggle? Would your reaction be different?
                  Ever heard of police brutality?

Comment

Originally posted by HeathQuad View Post
                    I hope no one ever breaks into your homes and starts stealing your stuff. If they do you must just let them do it, heaven forbid if you or your family tried to restrain them and that person accidentally passed away while you were waiting on police to arrive. I would expect you would hold yourself and your family to the same standards you are holding these Wal-Mart employees of killing the person.
                    You are darn right that in Florida, where this happened, you are NOT allowed to protect property with deadly force. If you walk into your house and the burglar is leaving with your TV, you let him go. If he threatens you, you can defend yourself, but otherwise you have no right to employ deadly force or even the threat of deadly force.

The Wal-Mart employees had NO legal right to physically restrain this person and they certainly had no legal right to employ deadly force, if that is what happened - and improper "restraint" can easily kill someone. Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps the reason the man would not stop struggling is that he was being suffocated and was trying to save his life?

Comment

Originally posted by aculady View Post
                      You are darn right that in Florida, where this happened, you are NOT allowed to protect property with deadly force. If you walk into your house and the burglar is leaving with your TV, you let him go. If he threatens you, you can defend yourself, but otherwise you have no right to employ deadly force or even the threat of deadly force.

The Wal-Mart employees had NO legal right to physically restrain this person and they certainly had no legal right to employ deadly force, if that is what happened - and improper "restraint" can easily kill someone. Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps the reason the man would not stop struggling is that he was being suffocated and was trying to save his life?
                      Really, if you walk into your house and a burglar is leaving with you TV it is your word againest his as to weather he threatens you in the process, isn't it, most especially if you shoot him and kill him? In this day and age there are many who would shoot first and ask questions last because one never know what the other guy will do.

Comment

That's what I was thinking, I guess the police or the judge would have to be standing there to know whether you were threatened or not. Based on that if I was a criminal I would be in Florida because unless I made a threat no one has a right to protect their property.

Comment

Working...
                        X