for those who use a board for shower transfer--i have solved the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for those who use a board for shower transfer--i have solved the problem

ok, we all know we dont slide w/ a wet ass. hell even a dry bare ass doesnt slide well. can be done, but not good for our butt skin or shoulders. the way i solved the problem, well i must give the credit to my wife. she sees me do the transfer most of the time
    i usually shower at night. so i tried transfering w/ my pants/shorts on getting in, so much easier. well guess what throw a pair ofs shorts on b4 getting out w/ alittle powder on the board, holy shit batman, life just got alot easier. just get them up high enough that the board is touching them rather than skin. its dam near effortless transfering out now.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 3 Dec 2008, 4:08 PM. Reason: for my stalker doorman
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I saw someone post about creating a "How To" forum and think it's a valid idea considering the type of information you posted. Would be great to put all of these How To's in a centralized location for easy viewing. And I like the simple way you solved this problem. Kudos to you.

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
      ok, we all know we dont slide w/ a wet ass. hell even a dry bare ass doesnt slide well. can be done, but not good for our butt skin or shoulders. the way i solved the problem, well i must give the credit to my wife. we have a 2 head/dual control shower so we normally shower together.

i usually shower at night. so i tried transfering w/ my pants/shorts on getting in, so much easier. well guess what throw a pair ofs shorts on b4 getting out w/ alittle powder on the board, holy shit batman, life just got alot easier. just get them up high enough that the board is touching them rather than skin. its dam near effortless transfering out now.
      Wow after 20 years you figured something out good for you. Thanks for telling us you shower with you wife we really needed to know that. We really have a great vision of that now.
      Originally posted by fuentejps
      injecting is way better for your body. but imo opinion its the only safe way

Comment

Fuentes, how long does it take you to put on the shorts, to me it seems like just another bullshit step to do. It is tough to transfer when wet but I've been using baby oil, I pour a little on my board and slide, it takes maybe 2 secs to slide over into bed.
        A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

its quick wtf. i hear yah thou. i was just tired of sticking to the dam board. whaT do u do getting out of shower. i dont use the board getting in bed just out and i have pants or shorts on already then.
          Bike-on.com rep
          John@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by Doorman View Post
            Wow after 20 years you figured something out good for you. Thanks for telling us you shower with you wife we really needed to know that. We really have a great vision of that now.

I think you have a fan fuente...seems like this guy has something to say after every post of yours ...

as far as putting shorts on inthe shower...i'd fall for sure, too slippery!
            Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies...

Comment

Originally posted by fuentejps View Post
              its quick wtf. i hear yah thou. i was just tired of sticking to the dam board. whaT do u do getting out of shower. i dont use the board getting in bed just out and i have pants or shorts on already then.
              I'm a board user getting in and out, so I use baby oil for both and I've never fallen yet. Ok, so you must have your pants already loose so its easy to get off, I'm assuming.
              A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

Comment

Originally posted by wtf View Post
                Fuentes, how long does it take you to put on the shorts, to me it seems like just another bullshit step to do. It is tough to transfer when wet but I've been using baby oil, I pour a little on my board and slide, it takes maybe 2 secs to slide over into bed.
                I use lotion, same effect. I wear pants on the way in ..... just as easy to take em off there as anywhere else, and makes the transfer easy. I don;t get dry enough in the shower to make putting on pants easy enough.

Glad it works for you F,
                T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

I'm not a board user, but can we get a video of the technique??
                  Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Comment

I used to use a piece of vinyl tablecloth. It slid even when wet
                    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Comment

Originally posted by gurly2356 View Post
                      lol.......sure i'll get on it.

wtf, like sjean said just as easy to pull off in shower.
                      for the last 15 years i have just muscled threw it, hit the shower floor many many times..,.this is way better for my shoulders as well.

for those whom need help, it would make your helpers life much easier as well.

landon, i know, he just doesnt get it.. i dont even acknowledge him but he persists. im flattered, lol.
                      Bike-on.com rep
                      John@bike-on.com

Comment

I am a C 6/7 and I use a slide board made out of Teflon that I use just for getting in and out of the shower. I wear my pants on getting in then take them off in the shower. After the shower I put on my boxers and slide back into my chair the boxers and the Teflon board work wonders. In the summer after a day on the lake the nylon type shorts that I wear on the pontoon slide on the Teflon like a hot knife through butter. I wished they made Carhartt jeans out of that stuff I would be the fastest shower board slider in North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by gurly2356 View Post
                          Careful! He just might do it!
                          T7-8 since Feb 2005

Comment

Hey try this:

Get an old t-shirt,cut it across the chest to create a tube, slide the tube around the sliding board. Make a few, and wash them with the towels.

Good Luck. Mary
                            1FineSpineRN

Comment

Hey try this:

Get an old t-shirt,cut it across the chest to create a tube, slide the tube around the sliding board. Make a few, and wash them with the towels.

Good Luck. Mary
                              1FineSpineRN

Comment

Working...
                              X