Stealing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealing

This life change I'm going through made me think about some things.

My brother has been taking advantage of me as well as stealing my money while he continues to be a lazy bastard. I called it quits tonight as I called my bank to notify them. This is not what I wanted it to come to, but he showed his true colors and now I'm drawing the line.

Awwww shit.....he always has a life line. I was typing tatt as I called my bank. Claims department is closed, going to have to do it tomorrow.

Gonna do it though, period.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

GotWHeels, sorry that you are going through such a tough time. I agree with your decision to call the bank. Is there a way that only you can access your account without him knowing how to do it too? My bank will not let anyone access mine with out my knowledge. I am wondering if a password known only to you would help.

In the meantime, hang on in there and take a deep breath. Things will change I'm sure.

Raven
    Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
    but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

Wheels:

Definitely talk to a phone banker and let them know what is going on. Your brother stealing from you is absolutely unacceptable (this is one of my pet peeves). I'm pretty sure there has to exist a more optimal financial situation for you.

Which bank are you with? I know that the large commercial banks have 24 hour operator assistance. If your bank doesn't, I would recommend switching banks to one which offers this feature (an actual human on the other end of the phone 24 hours a day).
      No one ever became unsuccessful by helping others out

Comment

Definitely protect any accounts and keep your brother out of your money. Tufelhunden has great advice.

Sorry everything's hitting all at once.

Comment

So how much are we talking about? Couple hundred, less than a hundred...

Comment

It's definitely a couple grand. A couple big hits and 100-50-20's here and there. The bank (Bank of America) says the merchant is responsible for verifying ID. I don't understand how he gets away w/using it, it has my picture on it and my signature.
            Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Comment

Damn son, that sucks.

Comment

I hate thieves, put in his his place!
                -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T12/L2 Complete - Nov. 12, 2007

Comment

Hey, I work at a bank and BOA should let you file a fraud affidavit. If he had posession of your debit card or if he wrote checks, you will probably need a police report. If he did it online, an affidavit of fraud should start the process. Sounds like the bank employee you talked to was lazy... call back and ask someone else.

You need to watch your stuff better. Change that debit card number (if that's what he used) and make sure he never sees it again. Even if he doesn't have the card, he can use the number to order things online. If he wrote checks, then you need to go through the painful process of opening a new account.

Again, if you don't file charges against him, at the very least make sure it doesn't happen again! you have to take responsibility for knowing where your financial stuff is...

Hope this sounds helpful and not preachy, I just see it and help people with it all day long...

Comment

Originally posted by ging1218 View Post
                    Hey, I work at a bank and BOA should let you file a fraud affidavit. If he had posession of your debit card or if he wrote checks, you will probably need a police report. If he did it online, an affidavit of fraud should start the process. Sounds like the bank employee you talked to was lazy... call back and ask someone else.

You need to watch your stuff better. Change that debit card number (if that's what he used) and make sure he never sees it again. Even if he doesn't have the card, he can use the number to order things online. If he wrote checks, then you need to go through the painful process of opening a new account.

Again, if you don't file charges against him, at the very least make sure it doesn't happen again! you have to take responsibility for knowing where your financial stuff is...

Hope this sounds helpful and not preachy, I just see it and help people with it all day long...
                    He's a sneaky little bastard. I have my wallet on me all day (in a bag on my chair) He'll get it when I'm sleeping and run out to the bar with it or hit up WalMart to buy diapers and stuff for his kids. There's a bunch of different scenarios that come into play.

What I dont understand is how the merchants push the card through with no I.D.

I'm getting a new card and writing "CHECK ID" on the back.

Just bought a safe today. Thats where I'm going to keep my wallet unless I'm getting out. Should help.

My Myspace

Comment

Wow, that really sucks. Sounds like you are doing some good preventative measures though. The safe is a great idea, especially if he's grabbing the card at night. Just FYI though, I have "check ID" on my card, but you'd be surprised how rarely I'm asked for it. It does help, but is unfortunately not fool proof. Hope things change for you, and soon!
                      Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. -Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

Family? I never had one because I'm adopted and I want to know?!! Your gut will answer grasshopper.

Comment

If you have to live with a male teenager, or anybody who thinks like one, the safe is the best investment EVER. It's also very nice to always know where your passport and birth certificate is! Not to mention you're a quad, if you have bad pain days you can have meds in the house with a safe, and not supply every party hound on the block with free drugs.

Why are you not charging him? I know he is your brother. I'd press charges on my kid if I warned him once and he did it twice. I think I would anyway...I warned him once, he never did it twice. Reckon he believed me.

Are there credit cards that require a PIN? I'd probably go thru the trouble to get new accounts, new cards, everything. I remember my little brother doing this to my mom after her stroke. Luckily my dad (they're divorced) paid her back. Unluckily, he's 43 and still thinks it's unfair any time he has to pay a consequence for thieving, drinking and driving, cooking meth, whatever. He's a good person when he's sober...but he got spoiled YOUNG.

I'm so determined for that to not happen to my kid. I'll let him go to the pen before I'll let that happen to him.

PS-Keep the safe in a place that he can't sneak up behind you and get the combo. Hopefully it's too big for him to carry out? And never ever get lazy about locking it. It's not just him, but his friends too. Where there is one lazy thieving bastard, there are more.
                          Blog:
                          Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I made my credit cards null ba bankrupt. I take care of a "lot of people" I wish I had the answer to fix everything. I....

Comment

You just keep getting shit on....

Sorry you have to deal with this on top of everything else. I hope you find a way to get out away and into college so you can have a better life.

Your brother is a loser and you should take charges on him. That is pretty damn low since he is obviously able to work.
                              T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X