Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ahhhh THAT'S the definition of serendipity..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    ahhhh THAT'S the definition of serendipity..

    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1757267.ece

    £150 fine... for staying too long at the KFC

    FAST food fan Natalie Jackson was hit with a £150 fine at KFC — for staying too long gorging on a monster-sized “family bucket”.
    C5/6 incomplete

    "I assume you all have guns and crack....."

    #2
    Maybe she should walk her fata** up there next time. Then she could burn all those calories off and maybe have the sun fade that pathetic pink crap in her hair! How the hell can you feast on all that garbage 3 times a week. Reminds me of Morgan Spurlock and how he just about killed himself eating McDonalds for 30 days straight. Disgusting!

    Comment


      #3
      OMG! That story made me ill to my stomach. I don't know how someone could ingest that much into their system and not be sick from it. In one meal, she eats three times the recommended daily calorie intake by the Health Department.

      It's her life, but damn, that's serious medical health issues on its way.

      Comment


        #4
        Didn't it say she's training to be a nurse as well? I used to like KFC, but it tastes like all grease. I don't know how anyone can eat all that and so often per week.
        C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

        Comment


          #5
          Normally, I don't actively engage in the language lessons that sometimes occur in threads. But I like to learn. I'm missing how this incident is an example of "serendipity"? My understanding is that it refers to an unexpected occurrence of good fortune? Please explain what I missed.
          Foolish

          "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

          "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

          "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Foolish Old
            Normally, I don't actively engage in the language lessons that sometimes occur in threads. But I like to learn. I'm missing how this incident is an example of "serendipity"? My understanding is that it refers to an unexpected occurrence of good fortune? Please explain what I missed.
            Ah! Foolish, here begineth the first and probably wrong lesson..........

            I think Paul was referring to the serendipitous outcome of the fine being her reaction "I'm never going in there again".

            Of course KFC's loss will be McD's gain!

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Foolish Old
              Normally, I don't actively engage in the language lessons that sometimes occur in threads. But I like to learn. I'm missing how this incident is an example of "serendipity"? My understanding is that it refers to an unexpected occurrence of good fortune? Please explain what I missed.
              I'm being facetious. The 'good fortune' is that maybe being fined for it might make her realise.

              Probably not
              C5/6 incomplete

              "I assume you all have guns and crack....."

              Comment


                #8
                My guess is that she will reconcile with KFC - love can overcome all. Thanks for the explanation, I thought the word might possibly have an additional or different meaning in English.
                Foolish

                "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

                "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

                "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by RehabRhino
                  http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1757267.ece

                  £150 fine... for staying too long at the KFC

                  FAST food fan Natalie Jackson was hit with a £150 fine at KFC — for staying too long gorging on a monster-sized “family bucket”.
                  I really feel for this girl:

                  The 24-year-old fumed yesterday: “I'm disgusting. I spend a lot of money in there. Now I’m never going back.” Hefty bill ... diner Natalie with her.

                  Ops, did I miscopy that quote?

                  But like I said, I feel for her... but I can't reach my arms around her, and I've got long arms.
                  "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
                  J.B.S.Haldane

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I have to admit I do not understand the fine. Yes, it's more than anyone should ever eat, on the other hand, I presume she paid for it and it was her chicken to eat, to excess or otherwise. Like KFC realy cares.....they have made their fortune by feeding greasy chicken (raised in horrendous conditions) to anyone willing to buy it. It's hypocrisy.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Eileen
                      I have to admit I do not understand the fine. Yes, it's more than anyone should ever eat, on the other hand, I presume she paid for it and it was her chicken to eat, to excess or otherwise. Like KFC realy cares.....they have made their fortune by feeding greasy chicken (raised in horrendous conditions) to anyone willing to buy it. It's hypocrisy.
                      The fine was for the time limit on the car park Eileen
                      C5/6 incomplete

                      "I assume you all have guns and crack....."

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I can't eat KFC because the 17 herbs and spices all taste exactly like SALT!
                        Blog:
                        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          The only thing that'll stick is the grease in her arteries..

                          A spokesman said: “A parking restriction was introduced to prevent non-KFC customers using the car park.
                          It'll be dropped based on her feading her fat face..





                          Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

                          If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Maybe they should fine her ACTUAL pounds. Or is it kilos now?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I've seen an obese woman on Oprah once describe how she'd eat in the parking lot of restaurants because the stares she received inside were horrible. Maybe this is such an example. Who knows?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X