I Just Passed My G.E.D.......yay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Just Passed My G.E.D.......yay!

I left school halfway through my senior year because i HAD to start working. I never got around to getting it, because i learned a trade (screenprinting) and i was able to make a decent amount of money working at, and managing shops. That was 14 YEARS ago.
    Im about 3.5 years post sci. I had planned on doing it a bit sooner but it SEEMS like it has taken me longer to adjust than most. Maybe do to Alot of pain, and getting my meds figured out so i wasnt sleeping 24/7.
    I was a bit scared i wouldnt pass it, as it has been a LONG time since i used MOST of useless knowledge i gained in hs. I guess i coulda paid more attention in spelling/english lol.
    Now im making an appointment with a voc rehab counceler to get funding for school. I think im gonna try for a two year degree in graphic design at my local C.C. . I live in the town where U.F. is located, but the campus seems waaaay to bid to deal with. Also, ya gotta be pretty damn smart to get in, so ive heard.
    Anyway. If i can do it, anyone can! So if your thinking about it. Go for it!
    Peace
    B
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

Good for you!

You are right. Getting into UF grows more and more difficult every year. Is Santa Fe near you? I hear good things about it. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Kewl!

Comment

That is so fantastic! Congratulations on your GED!

That is a really huge achievement - it took a lot of motivation to go back and re-learn (I agree... a lot of it is useless) high school stuff. You should be really proud.

So while you are on a roll, definitely go for that graphic design degree!

You can do it!

Comment

Congrats barondidit! That sounds like excellent news! Goals are awesome.
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Well check you out! Baron, I didn't even know you were doing this. I am so proud of you! I hope you are even prouder of yourself. This is a damn big deal. Congrats!
            Blog:
            Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Awesome. I'm a huge proponent of education.

Comment

Congrats. Keep on going with your education. Knowledge is power.

Comment

WTG on getting that diploma.

BTW, NM's most recent cover story is about going to college and getting an education. Don't know if there is anything in the article which might help you or not, but it's there.

Way to keep moving forward.

Comment

Congratulations on your GED! I like your motivation & courage!
                    I hope you have a great career.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by barondidit
                      I left school halfway through my senior year because i HAD to start working. I never got around to getting it, because i learned a trade (screenprinting) and i was able to make a decent amount of money working at, and managing shops. That was 14 YEARS ago.
                      Im about 3.5 years post sci. I had planned on doing it a bit sooner but it SEEMS like it has taken me longer to adjust than most. Maybe do to Alot of pain, and getting my meds figured out so i wasnt sleeping 24/7.
                      I was a bit scared i wouldnt pass it, as it has been a LONG time since i used MOST of useless knowledge i gained in hs. I guess i coulda paid more attention in spelling/english lol.
                      Now im making an appointment with a voc rehab counceler to get funding for school. I think im gonna try for a two year degree in graphic design at my local C.C. . I live in the town where U.F. is located, but the campus seems waaaay to bid to deal with. Also, ya gotta be pretty damn smart to get in, so ive heard.
                      Peace
                      B
                      Extra special CONGRATS!

Glad you are looking at more education. Education is one thing that will always pay you a dividend everyday into your future!

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

I'm proud of you! You did yourself a huge favor! Congratulations, class of 2008!!!

Take care and God bless!

Teena

Comment

Great job!
                          Congratulations. That is really an accomplishment to be proud of.

"New Mobility" Dis magazine has cover story on Community Colleges this month...
                          http://www.newmobility.com/articleViewIE.cfm?id=11258

again, congrats sounds like you are making good things happen

Comment

Originally posted by barondidit
                            Peace
                            B
                            Congratultion's to you for a job well done. I'm happy for you. Hope Voc Rehab will help you with funding for school. Keep all of us posted please letting us know how your doing along the way.

GO FOR IT!!!

Comment

Good job Baron!

My son got tired of all the Bs that goes with high school and went in one day cold to take the GED. He did so well he had colleges trying to recruit him. He is now finishing up his degree at Oregon State University in Engineering. A GED doesnt mean you cant get into a college as my son has proven and some people think. It is enough to get you going on your chosen path.

May you have great success in your chosen field. Best wishes to you.
                              Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Comment

Working...
                              X