Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My baby is in the jailhouse. Motherhood sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow bethany...you sure have your hands full...hoping and praying for the best for you and yours. sending all our love your way...hope it finds you as well as can possibly be expected. cheers -dale
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Jus saw this.......this a really tough one to deal with. No words of wisdom here, jus wishing the clouds would go away. Many prayers to you and your family.......

Comment

Holy Crap!!! I have been absent for a few days on family affairs of my own, and just saw this post. B, you certainly did do the right thing by letting him cool his heels in a cell. We did the same thing with our youngest several years ago. It wasn't a little town jail, either. It was the Broward County system. It was a hard thing for us to leave our young PoS there for a few days. Scared the beejeebers out of him, too! Hope it all turns out as well for you.
        Hugs to you in this difficult time.

Comment

So sorry to hear that you are going through all this Bethany. Growing pains I guess. Thing is that I wonder how long before they finally stop. My daughter is obviously still going through them. I agree 100% with your decision not to bail him out either. Hopefully this will open his eyes a bit to reality and responsibility.

You know, Bethy, I keep telling Nick that as much as we love them, we have to at times let them learn the hard way. When we had our children, they didn't come with a book of instructions so we just do the best we can and hope it all will work out for good.

Hope things change for you. You are in need of a break from all this. Keep in mind to take care of yourself though. It may take time but things will not always be like this.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Raven
          Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
          but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

Originally posted by Bondo
            Warning: Danger Will Robinson - Danger - Danger.

Armed Forces are NOT the place to get away from drugs. Not from personal experience, but the 5 or so people I know that tried that were exposed to stuff they never had access to before, and every one of those people told me, point blank, that while there are positive reasons to join, getting away from drugs is not one of them.

I'm older, they served long ago, so maybe things have changed, but....
            I'm older also but the spousal unit runs a school for the military and it still stands. There's also several pee tests along the way to the day you raise your hand besides random tests once you're in. And it's no longer treated as a disease unless you ask for help before any tests show drugs in your system. Same with alcohol. You get either non-juidicial or judicial punishment, loss of any security clearance and you will have the guilt, if in a combat or combat ready unit, for life that you let your buddies down.

Honesty when answering recruiter questions on recent drug use and whether soft or hard drugs, dealing, etc., can get you rejected. And forget it if you are a convicted felon. One of the last things you're asked before raising your hand is whether a law enforcement type including a judge has given you a choice of join or jail. That is illegal and the military sends some of their criminal investigative types to have a talk with judges that still do this.

The military can give a young person direction, self-discipline and self-esteem but the recruit has to be ready to head down those roads. Those who aren't are normally discharged from basic training "for the good of the service".
            Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

Originally posted by Sue Pendleton
              I'm older also but the spousal unit runs a school for the military and it still stands. There's also several pee tests along the way to the day you raise your hand besides random tests once you're in. And it's no longer treated as a disease unless you ask for help before any tests show drugs in your system. Same with alcohol. You get either non-juidicial or judicial punishment, loss of any security clearance and you will have the guilt, if in a combat or combat ready unit, for life that you let your buddies down.

Honesty when answering recruiter questions on recent drug use and whether soft or hard drugs, dealing, etc., can get you rejected. And forget it if you are a convicted felon. One of the last things you're asked before raising your hand is whether a law enforcement type including a judge has given you a choice of join or jail. That is illegal and the military sends some of their criminal investigative types to have a talk with judges that still do this.

The military can give a young person direction, self-discipline and self-esteem but the recruit has to be ready to head down those roads. Those who aren't are normally discharged from basic training "for the good of the service".
              should I send my son to the military fot painting "funy guy big dicks" on the football field? I dunno ut it was a fuuny pic. My son wants to be Producer of Rap. I think he should redo the field and do JDC yet I see no good of the service. My adoptive Dad did four tors in VET. He is FU! with Jesus because he did what was told by Gov. Should I put my son in the military because he is 17 and wan't to
              'RAP?" I looooove him and I belive the Gov in the USA lies to children. Thet can vote, pay taxes yet can not drin "1" beer? I am an Indian and white people slaughtered my family tree BTW the courts can not find. Please send me money to move from USA I am in the phonebook.

Comment

Betheny I was being a jack ass so I did not look at who started the thrrad. Daddyhood sucs too sorrry it in 2:30 and I have to get up @ 4:30 . I guess I'm just bitchin assome parents who are doing "everything" yet I am alone.

Comment

Working...
                X