Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many really think they deserved this injury or benefitted by it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marielea

and i don't care if someone rags on me for bitching. you asked, and i'm telling you how i feel. i don't go around all day complaining, or whining....but if someone wants to know the truth on how i feel, i'm not going to sugar coat it. this is the truth, and i'll live with it.
    word!!!

I dont know who in there right minds thinks its a good idea to tell someone about 'back in my day we walked 5 miles in snow"

good on you, glad I wasn't there.

"back in my day we didn't have microwaves"

yea good for you before your stove cave men used wood and fire, whats your point.

"you call that hard. back in the day we didnt have penicillin and antibiotics, you just died"

um ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Imight
      I dont know who in there right minds thinks its a good idea to tell someone about 'back in my day we walked 5 miles in snow"
      Yeah, fuck perspective! What have you done for me lately? Why should an educated, intelligent, artistically gifted, attractive, otherwise healthy young man who happens to be an incomplete paraplegic even bother considering what, say, a respirator dependent quad has to say? Every man is an island! A papercut is equivalent to losing a limb. Inconvenience in one's daily life is far worse than losing a loved one to cancer. Incomplete paraplegia is just as bad as being a complete quad. Perception is the only reality and all values are equal.

Oh, and up is down.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Racing
        Yeah, fuck perspective! What have you done for me lately? Why should an educated, intelligent, artistically gifted, attractive, otherwise healthy young man who happens to be an incomplete.
        C.
        You sure know how to make a dark skin man blush, jesus. =P

I dont know anything about being complete, so there is no perspective.

its like someone losing there job becoming homeless, living in a shelter and saying STOP COMPLAIN, THERE ARE KIDS IN AFRICA IN MUD HUTS.

thats not quite how it works....

Ill just retort with...

I think all you complete quads on vents need to stop complaining, at least you're not an aids patient with missing limps.

Comment

You sure know how to make a dark skin man blush, jesus.
          Damn, I hope so! Good lord, man, I am hardly your biggest fan and even I think very highly of your capabilities!

I dont know anything about being complete, so thereh is no perspective.
          There it is. This is the point. I honestly believe that you need to learn a bit of empathy and that doing so will benefit you in the long run.

its like someone losing there job becoming homeless, living in a shelter and saying STOP COMPLAIN, THERE ARE KIDS IN AFRICA IN MUD HUTS.
          Let me ask you this, how much sympathy would you have for someone who whined, "Pity me, my Ferrari is in the shop"?

Ill just retort with...

I think all you complete quads on vents need to stop complaining, at least you're not an aids patient with missing limps.
          Amputees are grateful they're not paras. Paras are grateful they're not quads. Quads are grateful they don't have TBIs and those with severe brain injuries are lucky they don't know any better.

The above generalization is presented as dark humour and is not meant to be taken seriously by anyone. Laugh through the pain and be grateful for what you have.

C.

Comment

Damn, I hope so! Good lord, man, I am hardly your biggest fan and even I think very highly of your capabilities!
            Why thank you, I really do appreciate that. You're a hot little spicy intelligent woman yourself. Tho you tend to urk me when you're telling grown folks what to do with their lives.

There it is. This is the point. I honestly believe that you need to learn a bit of empathy and that doing so will benefit you in the long run.
            I'm just saying, I don't know what it's like to be a quad, so for someone to tell me to stop complaining because they're a quad is dry. You can't tell someone they don't have it hard because you have it harder. thats not the point, the point is EVERYONE WITH SCI has it hard. there is no 'harder than others' comparing injuries is like comparing penis sizes. its absurd.

Let me ask you this, how much sympathy would you have for someone who whined, "Pity me, my Ferrari is in the shop"?
            Actually yes. When I see a smashed up Ferrari the first thing I'm like "OMFG that beautiful machine is mangled" not so much with a Ford Fiesta. Sure the guy in the Ferrari can afford to fix the car (at least he/she better) but the point is, the car is smashed. Just like everyone [here] has SCI despite the level, its hard, enough said.

Amputees are grateful they're not paras. Paras are grateful they're not quads. Quads are grateful they don't have TBIs and those with severe brain injuries are lucky they don't know any better.

C.
            hmmm. now that I have laughed, I should probably not delete myself until I go to church, because I am def going to hell for that one.

Comment

since i started this (with no idea it would turn into this monster ) i'll chime in again.

i find it absurd to blame older injuries for there being no cure. makes as much sense as blaming researchers for lack of technology.

i think there is a huge diff in being a vent dep. quad and a very low level para. unf., my poll didn't specify that. i was purposely trying to be general to avoid this.

i still cannot believe the interest this thread has generated. and i greatly appreciate everybody speaking their minds. tyvm.

Comment

I Dont Think I Deserved It At All I Mean 2 Of My Friends Were Shot As Well And They Were Out Of The Hospital 2 Days Later While I Was There For 2.5 Months.

Even Tho It Hurts Alot At Times Im Getting Threw It The Best I Can With Family, Being Positive, Stayin Active, And Having Faith In God That I Will Be Just Fine.

God Only Puts The People Threw This That Knows They Can Pull Threw.
                Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
                -Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The above generalization is presented as dark humour and is not meant to be taken seriously by anyone. Laugh through the pain and be grateful for what you have.

C.
                  You're a fucking hypocrite! You were so outraged over my penis POW joke about McCain yet make light of severe brain injuries. I'll tell you what you told me, you have absolutely no experience having a severe brain injury (or maybe you do).

Comment

You really are nothing but a total asshole.
                    Last edited by orangejello; 11 Sep 2008, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by orangejello
                      You really are nothing but a total asshole.
                      Imight, that was a damn stupid and cruel thing to say. You're an incomplete who can use crutches and such, and you put down people on vents? You need to grow the hell up.
                      Unfuckingbelievable dude. You've complained your ass off on here many a time, and you have no idea what a complete quad goes through, let alone a quad in need of a ventilator, every minute of every day and night...if you did, you wouldn't have posted such an uncaring, clueless and fucking idiotic statement.
                      Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                      Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

there is no 'harder than others' comparing injuries is like comparing penis sizes. its absurd.
                        Well, actually, no, that is not true.. There ARE spinal cord injuries that are harder to deal with and more catastrophic than others.

It really surprises me that you have not realized that simple fact yet.. It says a lot about you.

Comment

I might
                          I think you need a smack up side the head and need to apologize NOW. The next time you make a RUDE post like that you should be BANNNED for life.
                          Originally posted by fuentejps
                          injecting is way better for your body. but imo opinion its the only safe way

Comment

Originally posted by rdf
                            Imight, that was a damn stupid and cruel thing to say. You're an incomplete who can use crutches and such, and you put down people on vents? You need to grow the hell up.
                            Unfuckingbelievable dude. You've complained your ass off on here many a time, and you have no idea what a complete quad goes through, let alone a quad in need of a ventilator, every minute of every day and night...if you did, you wouldn't have posted such an uncaring, clueless and fucking idiotic statement.
                            I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure IMight phrased it that way as satire to make a point
                            C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

there is no 'harder than others' comparing injuries is like comparing penis sizes. its absurd.
                              You're so wrong.

I do hate using this debate because the fact remains that I know your pain, struggles, hardships etc are yours and are real but if you swapped with me, Chris, Les, Adi, fuente, Van Damn etc for a week you'd fall back into your own body and thank your lucky stars.

I'd do the same if I had to swap with a higher quad.

That doesn't mean you (or I) don't have a right to complain, just don't suggest we're all equal.
                              C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

Comment

Originally posted by RehabRhino
                                I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure IMight phrased it that way as satire to make a point
                                bingo

are you guys stupid or what?

Comment

Working...
                                X