We must leave!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We must leave!!!

We will have to leave because of Gustav!!!
    Hope we have a home when we return.

Lafourche Parish Evacuation Details

04:15 PM CDT on Friday, August 29, 2008

By Logan Banks / WWL-TV The Lafourche Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness said today that it will order recommended and mandatory evacuations for the coastal parish beginning this afternoon:
    • a recommended evacuation will be issued at 4:00 p.m. today (Friday) for the area South of the Leon Theriot Floodgates in Golden Meadow;
    • a mandatory evacuation will be issued at 9:00 a.m. Saturday for the area South of the Leon Theriot Floodgates in Golden Meadow;
    • a mandatory evacuation will be issued at 3:00 p.m. Saturday for the entire Parish of Lafourche.

No shelters will be opened in Lafourche Parish because Gustav is forecast to become a Category 3 Hurricane.

Residents evacuating during the “Recommended Evacuation” period must have their own means of transportation. Since no shelters will be opened in Lafourche Parish, residents will be able to obtain sheltering information at information points which will be set up along evacuation routes.

If a resident decides to stay, they will not be forced to leave their homes; however, assistance may not be available during the storm until conditions are safe for first responders.

Parish officials will probably establish a curfew Sunday to keep people off the streets. If you are out after curfew, you will be stopped and questioned by law enforcement personnel.

Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s deputies are patrolling throughout the parish and will enforce the curfew when one is ordered.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Good luck and God bless. Hope Gus doesn't hit hard.
    Sometimes the lights all shinin on me; Other times I can barely see. Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been: The Grateful Dead

Comment

This is so scary. I wish you well.

Comment

Be thinking of you and your family!
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by van damn
          We will have to leave because of Gustav!!!
          Hope we have a home when we return.

Lafourche Parish Evacuation Details

04:15 PM CDT on Friday, August 29, 2008

By Logan Banks / WWL-TV The Lafourche Parish Office of Emergency Preparedness said today that it will order recommended and mandatory evacuations for the coastal parish beginning this afternoon:
          • a recommended evacuation will be issued at 4:00 p.m. today (Friday) for the area South of the Leon Theriot Floodgates in Golden Meadow;
          • a mandatory evacuation will be issued at 9:00 a.m. Saturday for the area South of the Leon Theriot Floodgates in Golden Meadow;
          • a mandatory evacuation will be issued at 3:00 p.m. Saturday for the entire Parish of Lafourche.
          No shelters will be opened in Lafourche Parish because Gustav is forecast to become a Category 3 Hurricane.

Residents evacuating during the “Recommended Evacuation” period must have their own means of transportation. Since no shelters will be opened in Lafourche Parish, residents will be able to obtain sheltering information at information points which will be set up along evacuation routes.

If a resident decides to stay, they will not be forced to leave their homes; however, assistance may not be available during the storm until conditions are safe for first responders.

Parish officials will probably establish a curfew Sunday to keep people off the streets. If you are out after curfew, you will be stopped and questioned by law enforcement personnel.

Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s deputies are patrolling throughout the parish and will enforce the curfew when one is ordered.
          Hang tough Geno and continue to take good care of your family. William

William

... rolling since 1989

BE NICE!It's free

P.S. ~ I have "handicapabilities"

TWITTER: @MacBerry

Comment

i'm sending my positive safe energy to our cc members who are in the line of fire...be safe G.
            Courage, it would seem, is nothing less than the power to overcome danger, misfortune, fear, injustice, while continuing to affirm inwardly that life with all its sorrows is good; that everything is meaningful even if in a sense beyond our understanding; and that there is always tomorrow.
            -Dorothy Thompson

Comment

I'll be thinking about you guys and wishing your home survives this.

Do you have a place to stay? Everything you need?

If you can keep in touch, please do.

Be safe Bud.

Comment

Remember to hold hands ......... wishing you all the best!

Obieone
                ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
                Jane Siberry

Comment

In the end, it all comes down to family and friends. Keep your girls safe and stay in touch when you can.

Positive Thoughts your way
                  Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Stay safe and keep your family safe. The rest will work out. Wishing you the best of everything.
                    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Head this way Geno.. you'll be just in time for the cookout. Be safe and I wish you guys lots of luck.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

Comment

Sending my love to you and yours, stay safe.
                        "We're one but we're not the same. We get to carry each other" U2

Comment

Stay safe Geno, Laura, Topanga and Baby in Progress. Wishing you guys only the best.

Comment

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. If possible, please let us know how you all are doing. Hope that Gustav does no harm to anyone anywhere.

Raven
                            Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. ~Victor Hugo~

A warrior is not one who always wins,
                            but one who keeps on fighting to the end ~ Unknown ~

Comment

good luck and stay safe! hope everything turns out fine buddy.
                              Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
                              http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
                              My regular blog:
                              http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X